Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  365.5 KB

Anybody go down this route for the area question? I didn't spot the triangle and the square, looking at the solutions woulda saved me a lot of time if I went for the other method

ReputationRep:
    I'm feeling good about this . I pulled the solution to 6c right out of my arse and I somehow got it!

ReputationRep:
    For the area question, I split it into 2 triangles instead, had to go the route of finding the length of lines and stuff ended up with some crazy answer at the end with a square root in it. any one else take this approach

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimmyjoy)
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  365.5 KB

Anybody go down this route for the area question? I didn't spot the triangle and the square, looking at the solutions woulda saved me a lot of time if I went for the other method
    I created a new point and called it z where L1 crosses the x axis then did the big triangle ZQR-ZPO.

(Original post by Funnycatvideos)
    I'm feeling good about this . I pulled the solution to 6c right out of my arse and I somehow got it!
    Last time I pulled a solution out of my arse, the invigilator said I was cheating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily123454321)
    For question 11 I got k as -41/4 raher than 41/8 as I forgot to times the 4 by (-2) !!
    Question C and D consequently were wrong (2 marks each) but they were right in refernce to my k.
    Will I drop all the marks for these two parts or get half marks or do they accept carry through marks as they are seperate question?
    please help meeeeee
    SAME!! I did exactly this. Hey Arsey could you please answer this question, as it would determine whether or not I get an A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EricPiphany)
    Last time I pulled a solution out of my arse, the invigilator said I was cheating.
    Kek

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamessmith15)
    i wrote 3 to the 9x+3 by accident
    Would i still get a method mark for this?
    Did the exact same thing

ReputationRep:
    So many silly mistakes

ReputationRep:
    For Question 9, I didn't realise that the guy only got money after his 10th birthday so i did it like he was receiving the money since he was 1... but my method was right, will I get any marks? If so roughly how many? Ecf?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EricPiphany)
    Name:  Z23.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  20.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kdavid)
    For Question 9, I didn't realise that the guy only got money after his 10th birthday so i did it like he was receiving the money since he was 1... but my method was right, will I get any marks? If so roughly how many? Ecf?
    Probably. I made the mistake on part e of it because I forget to add 9.

Due to the poll, being on a site for a lot of bang outs, showing that this exam was hard, do you think that grade boundaries will be lower.

You won't believe how many stupid mistakes I made. If I had time to double check I could have done so much better :'(

ReputationRep:
    i think i got roughly ~39/75 but might get more for method marks. So that does it ... i got a U or a E

ReputationRep:
    TeeEm / Arsey

You guys know for question two, it says express 9^(3x+1) in the form 3^y

I wrote it correctly and got 3^(6x + 2)

But I saw a lot of people also put y = 6x + 2, even in Arsey's markscheme.

But I did answer the question right? I expressed it in the 3^y form so I shouldn't lose any marks.

ReputationRep:
    in question 1 instead of getting -8x^1/2 i got 8/3x-3/2

how much marks would i lose for that question? the rest of the answer was correct

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by High Stakes)
    TeeEm / Arsey

You guys know for question two, it says express 9^(3x+1) in the form 3^y

I wrote it correctly and got 3^(6x + 2)

But I saw a lot of people also put y = 6x + 2, even in Arsey's markscheme.

But I did answer the question right? I expressed it in the 3^y form so I shouldn't lose any marks.
    Lose 1 mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KappaRoss)
    i think i got roughly ~39/75 but might get more for method marks. So that does it ... i got a U or a E
    I have no words

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hiphop97)
    For the area question, I split it into 2 triangles instead, had to go the route of finding the length of lines and stuff ended up with some crazy answer at the end with a square root in it. any one else take this approach

yup me too. how many marks do you think we'll get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pablo Picasso)
    Lose 1 mark
    But they didn't ask for express y in terms of x?

ReputationRep:
    On the last question I put 41/4 instead of 41/8 will I loose marks for the questions underneath or will I get error carried forward

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.