Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For the oceans on the edge question how many marks do you think I would get for talking about Soufriere bay then a bit about international whaling laws then a bit about litter in the north pacific and that no one will take responsibility for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speedbird129)
    That is correct
    what did you write on the 8 marker?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayestar)
    what did you write on the 8 marker?
    I wrote a lot about Soufriere bay but it is a local management so I'm not sure ill get any marks for that then I wrote: IWC has been signed by over 156 countries which means they will not kill so many whales that they can not regenerate. However, countries such as the Faroe Islands massacre a 1000 whales a year as part of their culture. Also, the north pacific is covered in litter due to countries throwing their waste into the sea but no country has taken responsibility for it so it still damages wildlife

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nahyr)
    I wrote a lot about Soufriere bay but it is a local management so I'm not sure ill get any marks for that then I wrote: IWC has been signed by over 156 countries which means they will not kill so many whales that they can not regenerate. However, countries such as the Faroe Islands massacre a 1000 whales a year as part of their culture. Also, the north pacific is covered in litter due to countries throwing their waste into the sea but no country has taken responsibility for it so it still damages wildlife
    is that for the extreme environment question?

ReputationRep:
    Is this the 8 marker on sea levels or flooding

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benny123hsg)
    Is this the 8 marker on sea levels or flooding
    I answered questions on coasts and extreme environments.
    Coasts was about conflicting view on a names coastline
    extreme environments was on traditional economies

ReputationRep:
    what did you guys put for the environmental impacts of climate change for the UK?

ReputationRep:
    Hated that question. Started talking about effects of future climate change then realised I was wrong so had to cross the whole thing out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayestar)
    is that for the extreme environment question?
    Nope this is oceans on the edge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nahyr)
    Nope this is oceans on the edge
    I thought oceans on the edge 8 marker was about conflicting views on sea defences...

oh wait, that was coasts, sorry for the confusion!

ReputationRep:
    i hate to be the bearer of bad news but the Soufriere bay and managing cod stocks in the north sea are not global methods to protect the ocean. therefore i believe marks would be minimal. however, you are spot on about whaling laws so that should hopefully get you marks.

ReputationRep:
    yeh don't think soufriere bay will get any marks but it's north pacific ocean not the north sea

ReputationRep:
    Oh terribly sorry that seems a good case study and should get you marks. Also the examiners don't know every case study so you may get away with the soufiere bay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chittesh14)
    Same here, I don't understand how can you talk about one in so much detail.
    I talked about the Caledonian Forest, Windsor Forest and National Parks.

ReputationRep:
    No you wrote the wrong answer in a lot of detail you halfwit. That's like talking about Lennie for the Lord of the flies question... But in a lot of detail

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LNDNWASPS)
    ground water flow might be correct by it does by evapouration and condensation i swear I hope I gret an A* mucked up a few things
    I hope to get an A* too, but i messed up so bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustJannah)
    I hope to get an A* too, but i messed up so bad
    Thanks for the rep. Pretty new to this but thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxmm)
    what did you guys put for the environmental impacts of climate change for the UK?
    I put:
    1) leads to ice melting, so sea levels rise, which risks flooding to low lying cities, such as London
    2) warmer temperatures mean that species migrate to find a new suitable environment, but they may not find the right food, so will die, leading to loss in biodiversity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speedbird129)
    Thanks for the rep. Pretty new to this but thanks.
    You're welcome , I'm new too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oen1bh)
    What did people answer for the flood management systems for a named example and its success in rivers?
    I put Soft engineering at the River Skerne and Hard engineering in York, but i messed up that question so badly

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.