Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Racoon)
    I will tell you.

I have had many many encounters and shocking/startling realisations of who Jesus is throughout the time I have been a Christian.

I have had visions and words from God.

One time in church when praying for healing, I saw healing angels wandering in and out of the rows of people, laying hands on their sicknesses praying for healing for them. I saw Jesus kneeling before someone and his hand was on their head, he beckoned over an angel to pray as he moved off to others. Angels were all around in the building, moving from upstairs to downstairs to where they were needed. Seeing this was not scary, it was peaceful and calm. It showed God's concern for us.

I had a vision of the word 'GRACE' following us where ever we went, there was no escaping it. A guy was preaching at church and I saw in a vision his hands on a beach,somewhere like Barbados, were under the clear water. The sky was as blue as you can imagine and the water and sand were as you can imagine paradise to be. His hands were moving along under the water and the shadow of the word GRACE followed his hands wherever they moved. This was an illustration that we might not see God's grace at work or having effect in our lives but it is there overshadowing every where we are and everything we do.

Many more things like this that are real and shocking to me. When I say shocking I don't mean scary, I mean I am shocked by how amazing it is to connect with the real living God.
    See a psychiatrist if you're seeing things and hearing voices.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm a chooser. I choose what I believe, when I want to for whatever reason I want to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidguettafan)
    AMA

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What are your opinions on people who do in fact believe in god. And I am certainly not talking about people who are nutcases, I refer to those who believe that science and religion are inherently compatible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    See a psychiatrist if you're seeing things and hearing voices.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just a couple of things. As you are being so blunt, let me inform you that your comparison of anything supernatural is not a mental illness. Mental illness is not something to make fun of.

There are two verses in the bible which explain why people of faith in Jesus should not be surprised at reactions like yours

....this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel: ‘- In the last days, God says, I will pour out My Spirit on all people; your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. Even on My servants, both men and women, I will pour out of My Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy.… Acts 2 v 17

and

First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. 4“Where is the promise of His coming?” they will ask. “Ever since our fathers fell asleep, everything continues as it has from the beginning of creation.”…2 Peter 3 v 3

ReputationRep:
    Just a couple of things. As you are being so blunt, let me inform you that your comparison of anything supernatural is not a mental illness. Mental illness is not something to make fun of.

There are two verses in the bible which explain why people of faith in Jesus should not be surprised at reactions like yours

....this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel: ‘- In the last days, God says, I will pour out My Spirit on all people; your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. Even on My servants, both men and women, I will pour out of My Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy.… Acts 2 v 17

and

First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. 4“Where is the promise of His coming?” they will ask. “Ever since our fathers fell asleep, everything continues as it has from the beginning of creation.”…2 Peter 3 v 3
    So we are near the endtimes? And you think I'm evil? Nice to know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    So we are near the endtimes? And you think I'm evil? Nice to know.
    I'm not saying you are anything. I'm merely pointing out that it isn't a shock to see scoffers.

There are also many people, and of course I'm not saying you are one, who refuse to acknowledge god because they are following their own evil desires. Look at the world around you, I'm sure you can recognise that.

If, if everyone trusted God and lived by his rules, to care for others over and above their own needs, what kind of world would we be living in?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not saying you are anything. I'm merely pointing out that it isn't a shock to see scoffers.

There are also many people, and of course I'm not saying you are one, who refuse to acknowledge god because they are following their own evil desires. Look at the world around you, I'm sure you can recognise that.

If, if everyone trusted God and lived by his rules, to care for others over and above their own needs, what kind of world would we be living in?
    The issue is people have varying ideas about "God's rules", and many of those rules don't have people's wellbeing at heart. Then again, belief in God isn't even necessary to care for others over and above your own needs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    The issue is people have varying ideas about "God's rules", and many of those rules don't have people's wellbeing at heart. Then again, belief in God isn't even necessary to care for others over and above your own needs.
    I totally agree with you people do, just as those without a belief in God have their own rules too.

Being religious doesn't mean people do everything right, in fact being religious goes against God's ideas for us. God doesn't want us bound by a rule book, all I am saying is that unless a person displays God's love in their lives and to others they aren't following the God I know.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.