Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    Blog Post #2- Life as an only child
    Seeing things from your perspective makes me treasure my brother more. During arguments, he's made me wish I was an only child but I love him anyway.

:hugs:

(Original post by longshot100)
    I just love how you added me in as an afterthought XD (jk)

Can confirm that most of the things you said about having a sibling is correct.
    yeah especially since now I can't talk to someone at all because he left his phone on the bus :evil:

ReputationRep:
    yeah especially since now I can't talk to someone at all because he left his phone on the bus :evil:
    Ffs you don't have to bring that up mannnn...
    tbh I only miss whatsapp, the rest was too distracting, I wouldn't be able to get any revision done with it. I occasionally use insta though.

ReputationRep:
    Ffs you don't have to bring that up mannnn...
    tbh I only miss whatsapp, the rest was too distracting, I wouldn't be able to get any revision done with it. I occasionally use insta though.
    You left your phone on the bus? :rofl:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Probably something I'd do..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOtherSide.)
    You left your phone on the bus? :rofl:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Probably something I'd do..
    I keep telling myself it's a blessing in disguise.

ReputationRep:
    I keep telling myself it's a blessing in disguise.
    I can see that. :lol:

So when are you going to get another phone? Guessing you'll get another one..

ReputationRep:
    I can see that. :lol:

So when are you going to get another phone? Guessing you'll get another one..
    tbh I don't think I need one rn. I've still got an old brick, so it should serve me well for a few more years.

ReputationRep:
    tbh I don't think I need one rn. I've still got an old brick, so it should serve me well for a few more years.
    I've survived with a brick phone for five years, so I'm sure you can do the same, then.

ReputationRep:
    I've survived with a brick phone for five years, so I'm sure you can do the same, then.
    Had my brick since Y5 and only had the smartphone for Y10-11

Mini story time! :ahee:

I thought I could do the most simple of tasks, I honestly thought I was human enough to be able to swipe my OysterCard and pass through those ticket gates. Literally one arm movement.

Obviously not :getmecoat: I became the person I hate.

There I was, rush hour in London, innocently passing through the crowds. Swipe. Gates open. NO I dropped my Oyster, let me walk the one pace back to pick it up. DAMN YOU FINGERS PICK UP THE DAMN PIECE OF PLASTIC. ****. The gates closed...

*beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*

**** my life I'm trapped inbetween the gates. Oh for ****s sake what is this moron doing? someone shouts. Please god kill me right now. Just pick it up Laurence. PICK IT UP.

Ok, I got it! :woo: I look up...EVERYONE IS STARING AT ME. LIKE EVERYONE... God if you're up there please just let me die.

The ticket man asks me if I'm alright...YES I'M FINE PLEASE JUST LET ME LEAVE.

People are STILL staring as if I just murdered someone. :getmecoat:

I've never run away so fast in my life :lol:

So what have I learnt from this? I can't do the most basic tasks :yep: and I might as well just stay at home forever
    Spoiler:
    Show
    fml the look of the man behind me was a mix of great pity and anger :cry:
    Anyway, that was a little thing that happened to me like two hours ago...I'm a fail!

ReputationRep:

I thought I could do the most simple of tasks, I honestly thought I was human enough to be able to swipe my OysterCard and pass through those ticket gates. Literally one arm movement.

There I was, rush hour in London, innocently passing through the crowds. Swipe. Gates open. NO I dropped my Oyster, let me walk the one pace back to pick it up. DAMN YOU FINGERS PICK UP THE DAMN PIECE OF PLASTIC. ****. The gates closed...

*beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*

**** my life I'm trapped inbetween the gates. Oh for ****s sake what is this moron doing? someone shouts. Please god kill me right now. Just pick it up Laurence. PICK IT UP.

Ok, I got it! :woo: I look up...EVERYONE IS STARING AT ME. LIKE EVERYONE... God if you're up there please just let me die.

So what have I learnt from this? I can't do the most basic tasks :yep: and I might as well just stay at home forever

Spoiler:
    Show

Anyway, that was a little thing that happened to me like two hours ago...I'm a fail!

awww hahahah, i wouldve been so embarassed LMAO

but then again, why did they look so annoyed, people make mistakes lol, ive dropped things loads of times in public..

but yh, tht was another great post, well done!

(Original post by mariam687)
    awww hahahah, i wouldve been so embarassed LMAO

but then again, why did they look so annoyed, people make mistakes lol, ive dropped things loads of times in public..

but yh, tht was another great post, well done!
    Literally my life

They were pissed because it was rush hour, and the station had 2 working gates and handles about 200 people and I was basically holding EVERYONE up and they wanted to get home :sigh:

homeland.lsw omg you're so cute :lol: :lol:
    You're not a fail :console: :lovehug:

ReputationRep:
    omg a) you're a great storyteller and b) HAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU GOT TRAPPED IN THE GATE IM DYING I CANT BREATHE :toofunny: awhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    dw no one knows you so it's fine :rofl:

(Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    homeland.lsw omg you're so cute :lol: :lol:
    You're not a fail :console: :lovehug:
    I couldn't pick up a piece of plastic. :sigh:

(Original post by z33)
    omg a) you're a great storyteller and b) HAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU GOT TRAPPED IN THE GATE IM DYING I CANT BREATHE :toofunny: awhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    dw no one knows you so it's fine :rofl:
    It was my local tube station...pretty sure these people will see me again. ¬_¬

Meh...when I told my parents they were like, this is why we don't let you do things and then called me some rude stuff in Bulgarian :rofl:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad

*beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*

Spoiler:
    Show
    I love the way you write your blog posts, I would have been so embarrassed, like overreacting and crying and never stepping foot in the public eye again. London seems so busy and eventful. Which is it! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    lmao dw :console: I can't do basic tasks either :lol: :cry2:

When I was trying to walk into my first chem lesson in yr 12, it took me ages to open the door (it was a push instead of pull). Everyone inside could see my pathetic attempts to open the door. :cry:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    In my defence, the door had a handle :ashamed2: like why?

(Original post by Rhythmical)
    I love the way you write your blog posts, I would have been so embarrassed, like overreacting and crying and never stepping foot in the public eye again. London seems so busy and eventful. Which is it! :lol:
    Aww thanks. Yeah I literally power walked out, could've been worse I s'pose

ReputationRep:
    Literally my life

They were pissed because it was rush hour, and the station had 2 working gates and handles about 200 people and I was basically holding EVERYONE up and they wanted to get home :sigh:

ahh oh yh, lol next time

take ur time

like a BOSS

xD

naa acc dont,,, they might beat u up :/

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.