Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannahC-H)
    Ah well, pretty sure I can afford to lose one mark
    Nvm i used the P value instead of the x value.
    I think it was 0.4something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlfieClements)
    Would I lose a mark if I didn't put + C on the integration question? I thought we didn't need it in C2?
    i think you may lose one mark, they did that rather sneakily i think because normally it's part of the area question so you dont need it! But hey, if thats your biggest worry about the whole paper im sure you did great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reda2)
    Did you guys get for the log question 0.47 or something? And for area of S where integrate with limits to get the area, one limit was 0 and I go 3 as the other limit, what did you guys get?
    I got -2.19

ReputationRep:
    Anyone has an idea what the grade boundary will be?? Im losing like 8 marks idk if i can get an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medapplicant2016)
    I got -2.19
    same, -2.19, which was correct because i substituted it back into the original equation and got 0. the second answer was log2(0) which is undefined

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maddywald)
    i think you may lose one mark, they did that rather sneakily i think because normally it's part of the area question so you dont need it! But hey, if thats your biggest worry about the whole paper im sure you did great
    Thanks a lot!

Yeah from what I've seen from everyone thats the only mark I've dropped. Which is good but annoying in a way since it was silly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlfieClements)
    Thanks a lot!

Yeah from what I've seen from everyone thats the only mark I've dropped. Which is good but annoying in a way since it was silly
    No problem! I know the feeling though - those lost marks are always the most irritating haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Failedexamms)
    I got the difference between u9 and u10 negative does that matter
    yes because you you got a answer which won't be similar to the one in the examiners mark scheme therefore will lose a mark and u9=ar^8
    just so you know.

ReputationRep:
    The official FULL mark scheme has been leaked by Edexcel https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0o...ew?usp=sharing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AstarAstarA)
    The official FULL mark scheme has been leaked by Edexcel https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0o...ew?usp=sharing
    The mark scheme doesn't exist!? Has it been taken down? Damn.
    I found C2 much better than c1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jbaten)
    yes because you you got a answer which won't be similar to the one in the examiners mark scheme therefore will lose a mark and u9=ar^8
    just so you know.
    I don't think it should be a problem though. It did say 'difference' which can be a negative answer. It would have been better to take the abs eitherways

ReputationRep:
    for the last question though, how did the 3root3 become a negative number inside the brackets when you had to rearrange to find P?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannahC-H)
    Ah well, pretty sure I can afford to lose one mark
    You dont even have to work out a number, you just use the second derivative, and the fact that X>0 so 2000/X^3 must be positive.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  tmp_5003-Screenshot_2016-05-26-02-47-151668856244.png
Views: 128
Size:  164.1 KB
    (Original post by idied)
    The mark scheme doesn't exist!? Has it been taken down? Damn.
    I found C2 much better than c1

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got a copy of the markscheme?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.