Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by joey11223)
    Size 8, am I chubby?........nah.

You're keeping it fifties!

"Experts said this confirmed the previously documented move away from the classic hourglass figure of the 1950s, when a woman's average waist size was 27.5in and her hips 39in, giving a much more curvaceous silhouette." (from an article about how women are becoming more overweight/unhealthy and denial about body image). Fyi the average weight for a women then was over 9stone.
    Thank you, "keeping it fifties" fair enough haha. Well my measurements are: Bust: 36, Waist: 26 and Hips: 35 so I do have an hourglass figure but I'm 8 stone cause I'm short haha.

ReputationRep:
    You're fine. You don't need to lose weight. Just be wary about being skinny fat, but I'm sure you're not.

(Original post by Moonstruck16)
    You're fine. You don't need to lose weight. Just be wary about being skinny fat, but I'm sure you're not.
    Thank you. What exactly is skinny fat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thank you. What exactly is skinny fat?
    It's when despite being slim in size you have a disproportionate amount of body fat and low muscle mass.

ReputationRep:
    I am nearly 21 and have put on weight since leaving school. When I was 18 I was a size 4/size 6, 6 and a half stone and had a 22 inch waist. Now I am wearing a mixture of size 6 and size 8 clothes which are getting too small so I'm probably a size 8/size 10 really. I'm about 8 stone and now have measurements of 36-27-34. I've had to take a few gap years due to illness so because of this I've not been able to exercise. I'm planning to go to uni in 2017 and I'm feeling a bit unhappy with my weight now. Any other girls of similar age and height, what size are you? Does that sound chubby or like I need to lose weight?
    You were 40kg when you left school at 18? :O :O :O

And now you are asking if 50kg is chubby?

Not to be rude or presumptious here, but do you have an eating disorder?

(Original post by SophieSmall)
    It's when despite being slim in size you have a disproportionate amount of body fat and low muscle mass.
    Oh right, thank you. I do have quite a low muscle mass I think because I've been ill recently as I said in my original post but I am definitely planning to start exercising again really soon (as soon as I'm well enough) which should sort that. I don't think I have an unhealthily high amount of body fat though.

(Original post by inhuman)
    You were 40kg when you left school at 18? :O :O :O

And now you are asking if 50kg is chubby?

Not to be rude or presumptious here, but do you have an eating disorder?
    Yes to both the first questions but no I don't have an eating disorder. Not so far anyway and I hope I never develop one! I used to be pretty underweight naturally so now my current weight, although towards the low end of a healthy weight, feels chubby-ish to me comparatively. I have always worried about my weight a bit though; there is just so much pressure on girls/women to be skinny. If you don't know what I mean just look back at some of the previous replies to this thread.

ReputationRep:
    Yes to both the first questions but no I don't have an eating disorder. Not so far anyway and I hope I never develop one! I used to be pretty underweight naturally so now my current weight, although towards the low end of a healthy weight, feels chubby-ish to me comparatively. I have always worried about my weight a bit though; there is just so much pressure on girls/women to be skinny. If you don't know what I mean just look back at some of the previous replies to this thread.
    That is why if I have girls I will encourage them to do sports or something competitive to build their self confidence. Yes there are many who say skinny is better. And we skinny af girls in magazines. But I am sure if you read the thread there will be the other side, too, so don't just listen to those saying "you're fat"...

That is why if I have girls I will encourage them to do sports or something competitive to build their self confidence. Yes there are many who say skinny is better. And we skinny af girls in magazines. But I am sure if you read the thread there will be the other side, too, so don't just listen to those saying "you're fat"...
    That's probably a good idea. Yes, I know, most of the people replying on here have been really nice and of course I'll try not to listen to the ones saying that. It's just quite difficult not to concentrate on the negative replies in this situation.

Are you a girl or a guy btw?

ReputationRep:
    Are you a girl or a guy btw?
    Hence the the sport thing of my possible daughter(s), it's been shown that girls who do that are more confident and better able to ignore those negative things that you say it's hard to ignore.

I am a guy.

Hence the the sport thing of my possible daughter(s), it's been shown that girls who do that are more confident and better able to ignore those negative things that you say it's hard to ignore.

I am a guy.
    Fair enough, maybe when I start exercising again I'll start to feel more positive about it all then!

I am nearly 21 and have put on weight since leaving school. When I was 18 I was a size 4/size 6, 6 and a half stone and had a 22 inch waist. Now I am wearing a mixture of size 6 and size 8 clothes which are getting too small so I'm probably a size 8/size 10 really. I'm about 8 stone and now have measurements of 36-27-34. I've had to take a few gap years due to illness so because of this I've not been able to exercise. I'm planning to go to uni in 2017 and I'm feeling a bit unhappy with my weight now. Any other girls of similar age and height, what size are you? Does that sound chubby or like I need to lose weight?
    Don't complain. Your tiny. I'm 5FT11 11STONES!!!! and a size 10-12 with the measurements 34-28-42. So your fine!!!!
    Petite girls are sooooooooo innn! :love::lovedup::lovedup2::lips:
    Tall girls sadly aren't

ReputationRep:
    Don't complain. Your tiny. I'm 5FT11 11STONES!!!! and a size 10-12 with the measurements 34-28-42. So your fine!!!!
    Tall girls sadly aren't
    i just want to re-iterate, weight means very little, it doesn't distinguish between water, between muscle, between fat, between breasts.

You can be tiny apart from having big breasts and muscley legs, and be 'overiweight' according to BMI. Always go by your measurements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    That's me lol.

(Original post by there's too much love)
    i just want to re-iterate, weight means very little, it doesn't distinguish between water, between muscle, between fat, between breasts.

You can be tiny apart from having big breasts and muscley legs, and be 'overiweight' according to bmi. Always go by your measurements
    ***** u saying i'm overweight?

ReputationRep:
    Did you actually read my post?

Tall girls sadly aren't
    I'm not really trying to complain as such, I've just been a bit worried about it recently because I always used to be so underweight and that feels normal to me so now that I've gained weight, although I'm a healthy weight, I sort of feel chubby for me if you know what I mean. I just wanted to get other people's opinions on which weight/size was better. Yeah, my measurements are actually 36-26-35. I got them slightly wrong in my original post. Thank you, anyway. I'm sure you look amazing too! In my experience, tall girls are in and petite girls aren't so I suppose it just depends on who you know and their personal preferences.

(Original post by joey11223)
    That's me lol.
    Aww, I'm sure you're not!

He's not saying that you're overweight; quite the opposite!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.