The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sacred Ground
705 - 880 vr, 730 qr, 630 ar, 580 da

damn thats good - how long did you spend preparing and what did you use?
Original post by ronnydandam
damn thats good - how long did you spend preparing and what did you use?

I used MEDIFY and the 600 UKCAT questions book. I originally wanted to do graduate entry medicine but decided to do graduate entry last minute so only left myself around 2 weeks to revise and book the test
I used MEDIFY and the 600 UKCAT questions book. I originally wanted to do graduate entry medicine but decided to do graduate entry last minute so only left myself around 2 weeks to revise and book the test

fair enough, do you reckon one month will be a good amount of time? Or is that too much? Hoping for 700+
fair enough, do you reckon one month will be a good amount of time? Or is that too much? Hoping for 700+

You can't do too much haha, that's a perfect amount of time though. What are your current stats?
You can't do too much haha, that's a perfect amount of time though. What are your current stats?

10As and a B at GCSE(revised the day before the exams which I now regret)
I think I'll get probably between AAAA-ABBB in AS exams, they went okay.
Because the potential ABBB and the GCSEs I'm going to have to ace UKCAT and look at high UKCAT unis....
Where else did you apply? Were your GCSEs strong?
u aware of this thread? :afraid: + :hide:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
u aware of this thread? :afraid: + :hide:

I saw it and clicked ABB for the poll by accident. I'm such an idiot.

People be counting down before exams even over. :u: 🖕🏻
10As and a B at GCSE(revised the day before the exams which I now regret)
I think I'll get probably between AAAA-ABBB in AS exams, they went okay.
Because the potential ABBB and the GCSEs I'm going to have to ace UKCAT and look at high UKCAT unis....
Where else did you apply? Were your GCSEs strong?

Which AS subjects did you study? Are you taking all 4 to A2?

I reckon your stats are decent to apply to medicine, if you get a strong UKCAT you'll be fine with ABBB.
My GCSE's were 7 A*'s, 2 A's and 1 B. I applied to Glasgow (received an offer), Newcastle (obviously), Nottingham (rejected before interview rekt), St. Georges (rejected too) and Loughborough (human biology insurance)
Which AS subjects did you study? Are you taking all 4 to A2?

I reckon your stats are decent to apply to medicine, if you get a strong UKCAT you'll be fine with ABBB.
My GCSE's were 7 A*'s, 2 A's and 1 B. I applied to Glasgow (received an offer), Newcastle (obviously), Nottingham (rejected before interview rekt), St. Georges (rejected too) and Loughborough (human biology insurance)

Maths, Biology, Physics, Chem. I'll most probably drop maths. Well done on the offers! Hopefully I get one...
Maths, Biology, Physics, Chem. I'll most probably drop maths. Well done on the offers! Hopefully I get one...

Good luck! PM me if you ever need advice
Good luck! PM me if you ever need advice

thanks man, shall do, and you too!
Original post by undercxver
I saw it and clicked ABB for the poll by accident. I'm such an idiot.

People be counting down before exams even over. :u: 🖕🏻

Exams are over for some! :smile:

Not me though... my last one is on the 23rd :bawling:
Reply 172
Original post by mughushed
Oooh that's cool! IAQA for English, OCR for Sociology (and Biology) and Edexcel for History! What about you?

Awesome, we've almost got the same exam boards aswell. I'm with AQA for English and Edexcel for history. Only difference is Sociology, in which I'm with AQA. What books are you doing for English?
Original post by Raizelcadres
I don't go to school, I left my sixth form last year and studied by myself. So do I predict my own grades

Even applying independently you will need an academic reference. Your referee will provide your predicted grades - if you're self studying then you might need to help them with predictions (by giving them information about why you're expecting the grades you want predicted) but they supply them to UCAS.
Original post by Breynolds2671999

To which university are you hoping to go?

Lancaster University (UCLAN)
No :biggrin:

Uclan and lancaster uni are 2 different places (uclan is university of central lancaSHIRE not lancaSTER).

Don't apply for the wrong one!
Original post by PQ
Even applying independently you will need an academic reference. Your referee will provide your predicted grades - if you're self studying then you might need to help them with predictions (by giving them information about why you're expecting the grades you want predicted) but they supply them to UCAS.

So who do I go to for an academic reference? since my previous sixth form will not give me predicted grades and a reference?
Original post by Raizelcadres
So who do I go to for an academic reference? since my previous sixth form will not give me predicted grades and a reference?

Usually a previous college or sixth form will provide a reference - have you asked them?

If not then if you're still in contact with an old teacher then they may be willing to provide a reference outside the college. Or if you have a private tutor.

You need a reference for your application. This should include predicted grades and should ideally be academic. If you can't find someone to provide an academic reference then you can ask someone to provide a personal reference but universities are likely to still ask for an academic reference.

If you think you will have trouble finding a reference then speak to the universities you're considering NOW to ask what they advise.
Original post by Tamsy
Awesome, we've almost got the same exam boards aswell. I'm with AQA for English and Edexcel for history. Only difference is Sociology, in which I'm with AQA. What books are you doing for English?

Death of a Salesman, Othello, Tess of the d'Urbervilles and Keats' poetry, yourself? What topics do you do in History?
Reply 178
AHHHHHHH. ahhhhh ahhhhhh
Original post by PQ
Usually a previous college or sixth form will provide a reference - have you asked them?

If not then if you're still in contact with an old teacher then they may be willing to provide a reference outside the college. Or if you have a private tutor.

You need a reference for your application. This should include predicted grades and should ideally be academic. If you can't find someone to provide an academic reference then you can ask someone to provide a personal reference but universities are likely to still ask for an academic reference.

If you think you will have trouble finding a reference then speak to the universities you're considering NOW to ask what they advise.

I live by myself so I don't think I would be able to afford a private tutor so who exactly can provide a personal reference?

Quick Reply

Latest