Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I think you had to be more specific... But i am not sure you actually can't predict what is on OCR mark scheme but yea I wrote 1/2000

ReputationRep:
    Could 55/60 be 86 UMS? i need 86 ums for an A in AS level it was last year hopefully it stays the same

ReputationRep:
    Looking at the answers given, I got 45 max. Hope this is a high B

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I can't be the only one staggered about nothing on titrations and water of crystallization

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guys I answered 0.12g for the calc as opposed to 0.120 messed up 3sf - You think i will still get 3/4 or lose more than the answer mark? so annoyed !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student.1997)
    Would I get the mark for putting dumb-bell shaped instead of dumbbell shaped for the shape of a p orbital? I didn't realise it was one word
    Definitely - they spell it 'dumb-bell' in the textbook!

ReputationRep:
    Also "bent-linear" for a mark? - Think I might have made that up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student.1997)
    For the question about what you would see in the reaction between ZnCO3 and HCl would you get the mark if you only put fizzing and didn't mention about the solid dissolving?
    No probably not because questions like this on previous papers required both observations for the mark :/

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know if i would get the mark for putting sulphur(VI) fluoride??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seph_muriel)
    That's how I answered:

Bromine water and calcium iodide - mixture turns purple
    Bromine water and barium chloride - mixture turns orange
    Iodine and barium chloride - mixture turns purple

Br2 (aq) + 2I- (aq) ---> 2Br- (aq) + I2(aq)

i think last 2 are wrong cuz Br cannot displace Cl- ions and I2 cannot displace Br- ions due to electronegativity difference... so there will no reaction in last 2 test tubes...

ReputationRep:
    looking on the all answers I'm dropping 11 marks for sure :bawling:... i wrote calcium carbonate for alkali that can neutralize acid soil cuz in book they mentioned that... i am not sure would it be right or wrong

ReputationRep:
    would you get the mark for putting simple molecular structure rather than simple molecular lattice?

ReputationRep:
    I think so Cuz in book it says simple molecular

ReputationRep:
    i wrote sulphur (VI) fluoride??? any chances of me getting marks??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_Levels)
    does anyone know if i would get the mark for putting sulphur(VI) fluoride??
    that's what i wrote.. let me know if its acceptable to write that if u find out..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cocroberta)
    Definitely - they spell it 'dumb-bell' in the textbook!
    As that was one mark for both correct answers, i dont think they would penalize on spelling. In the disproportionation question, they stated that it needs to be the correct spelling but in that question it didnt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammymxx)
    that's what i wrote.. let me know if its acceptable to write that if u find out..
    will do

ReputationRep:
    On that mark scheme posted earlier, in the last question the Phosphorus is shown as having its electrons arranged like xx xx xo oo (if that makes any sort of sense). I always thought that you had to put an electron on each corner of the circle before you could pair them so I got them arranged like xx xo xo xo

ReputationRep:
    I wrote Sulfur Hexafluoride and then crossed it out and wrote Sulfur Hexafluorine

ReputationRep:
    I think that paper was so cheeky of OCR, considering that we are mostly A2 students

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.