Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

OCR Chemistry A 2016 unofficial mark scheme 27/05/16 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jitesh)
    Last step 2 reagent would probably allow KOH and probably LiOH as well
    Potentially water but not sure on that
    Yeah, I'll add them now

ReputationRep:
    Paper 2 is going to be ALOT harder for sure, or else grade boundaries will be very low I think. They could have made it so much more difficult.

ReputationRep:
    Suggestions for predicted content in Depth paper?
    All I have currently is definitely IR and mass spec

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bosssman)
    Suggestions for predicted content in Depth paper?
    All I have currently is definitely IR and mass spec
    Im guessing 12 marker on EF, mass spec and IR aswell.. Also I think they'll do a hydrolysis mechanism and a big question on ionisation trends. Boltzmann distribution also will come up Im pretty sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jadeemma)
    I got -19.5 ... Didn't you have to times the number of moles by three?
    That's what I got, a lot of people have said 58 thought but hopefully we are right

ReputationRep:
    you don't times by 3 as ki was in "excess" you only calculate the moles of the limiting factor.

ReputationRep:
    I think I got around 58 on that paper. What do you think is needed for an A?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember the MCQ's?

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think the grade boundaries are going to be like?

ReputationRep:
    If you write under the lines but within the margin, is it ok?
    This was a nice paper but I still did crap - I counted about 40 to 45 mark. Having reviewed the MC unofficial markscheme, I screwed them up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simply_a_ Δ)
    This was a nice paper but I still did crap - I counted about 40 to 45 mark. Having reviewed the MC unofficial markscheme, I screwed them up
    I am not sure about writing under the lines but I do know they gave a lined sheet at the end for extra writing where you had to clearly lable the question.

ReputationRep:
    I always write under the lines, I hope it's okay, I think it is bc there's nothing to say you can't

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got 57 which is either a high b or a low a. On last years boundaries that would be an A but on one of the tougher yars that would be a high b. We will have to wait and see! Btw, for the q regarding how you could decrease the % error, could U say that you could use a measuring device with a greater precision i.e less than 0.005. It is technically correct but would OCR accept this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simply_a_ Δ)
    Me too!! seeing the unofficial mark scheme has really put a doubt in my mind on how well ive done

ReputationRep:
    Do you think the last answer would accept Mg(OH)2 as a reagent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by X_IDE_sidf)
    Concentration in equilibrium question: 0.876 moldm^-3

I never got that I don't think

K_c = \frac{|SO_3|^2}{|2|^2|1.6|} cannot remember K_c
    KC was 0.16 not sure if this is too late or not

ReputationRep:
    what grade would be 44 marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenAtkinson)
    Im guessing 12 marker on EF, mass spec and IR aswell.. Also I think they'll do a hydrolysis mechanism and a big question on ionisation trends. Boltzmann distribution also will come up Im pretty sure
    Pv=nRT
    Also definitions

ReputationRep:
    71% at 50 marks so hopefully a B which I will take 1000000000000% because I got an E in my latest mocks running up to the exam!

that's assuming 15/20 on multiple choice because I thought it was pretty easy but probably made some silly errors as per usual

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theguywhosaidhi)
    71% at 50 marks so hopefully a B which I will take 1000000000000% because I got an E in my latest mocks running up to the exam!

that's assuming 15/20 on multiple choice because I thought it was pretty easy but probably made some silly errors as per usual
    so 44 would be a high c?

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.