OCR Chemistry A 2016 unofficial mark scheme 27/05/16

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jitesh)
    Last step 2 reagent would probably allow KOH and probably LiOH as well
    Potentially water but not sure on that
    Yeah, I'll add them now

ReputationRep:
    Paper 2 is going to be ALOT harder for sure, or else grade boundaries will be very low I think. They could have made it so much more difficult.

ReputationRep:
    Suggestions for predicted content in Depth paper?
    All I have currently is definitely IR and mass spec

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bosssman)
    Suggestions for predicted content in Depth paper?
    All I have currently is definitely IR and mass spec
    Im guessing 12 marker on EF, mass spec and IR aswell.. Also I think they'll do a hydrolysis mechanism and a big question on ionisation trends. Boltzmann distribution also will come up Im pretty sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jadeemma)
    I got -19.5 ... Didn't you have to times the number of moles by three?
    That's what I got, a lot of people have said 58 thought but hopefully we are right

ReputationRep:
    you don't times by 3 as ki was in "excess" you only calculate the moles of the limiting factor.

ReputationRep:
    I think I got around 58 on that paper. What do you think is needed for an A?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember the MCQ's?

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think the grade boundaries are going to be like?

ReputationRep:
    If you write under the lines but within the margin, is it ok?
    This was a nice paper but I still did crap - I counted about 40 to 45 mark. Having reviewed the MC unofficial markscheme, I screwed them up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simply_a_ Δ)
    This was a nice paper but I still did crap - I counted about 40 to 45 mark. Having reviewed the MC unofficial markscheme, I screwed them up
    I am not sure about writing under the lines but I do know they gave a lined sheet at the end for extra writing where you had to clearly lable the question.

ReputationRep:
    I always write under the lines, I hope it's okay, I think it is bc there's nothing to say you can't

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got 57 which is either a high b or a low a. On last years boundaries that would be an A but on one of the tougher yars that would be a high b. We will have to wait and see! Btw, for the q regarding how you could decrease the % error, could U say that you could use a measuring device with a greater precision i.e less than 0.005. It is technically correct but would OCR accept this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simply_a_ Δ)
    Me too!! seeing the unofficial mark scheme has really put a doubt in my mind on how well ive done

ReputationRep:
    Do you think the last answer would accept Mg(OH)2 as a reagent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by X_IDE_sidf)
    Concentration in equilibrium question: 0.876 moldm^-3

I never got that I don't think

K_c = \frac{|SO_3|^2}{|2|^2|1.6|} cannot remember K_c
    KC was 0.16 not sure if this is too late or not

ReputationRep:
    what grade would be 44 marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenAtkinson)
    Im guessing 12 marker on EF, mass spec and IR aswell.. Also I think they'll do a hydrolysis mechanism and a big question on ionisation trends. Boltzmann distribution also will come up Im pretty sure
    Pv=nRT
    Also definitions

ReputationRep:
    71% at 50 marks so hopefully a B which I will take 1000000000000% because I got an E in my latest mocks running up to the exam!

that's assuming 15/20 on multiple choice because I thought it was pretty easy but probably made some silly errors as per usual

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theguywhosaidhi)
    71% at 50 marks so hopefully a B which I will take 1000000000000% because I got an E in my latest mocks running up to the exam!

that's assuming 15/20 on multiple choice because I thought it was pretty easy but probably made some silly errors as per usual
    so 44 would be a high c?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 17, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
What is your favourite day of the week
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.