Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Axel Johann)
    Did anyone actually watch the video? I mean I didn't but... no-one seems to be talking about it! :lol:
    I did.

(Original post by Axel Johann)
    Did anyone actually watch the video? I mean I didn't but... no-one seems to be talking about it! :lol:
    I watched. Why did you not watch?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cstubbs101)
    That's assuming all the percentages were the same people
    (I.E. The 23% that want Sharia Law are not necessarily part of the 52% that want to ban homosexuality. Bad example I know as sharia law forbids homosexuality however the point still stands. It is possible that they are independent and therefore 75% of Muslims (52 + 23) want both sharia law and a ban on homosexuality)
    Where were these statistics published?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Underscore__)
    Where were these statistics published?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wasn't the one who posted those statistics, however earlier in the thread someone stated they were from the Guardian and a Channel 4 poll
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Josb)
    There is no compulsion in Islam ok?!

That?:

We have created (their Companions) of special creation.
    And made them virgin—pure (and undefiled)
    — Quran, sura 56 (Al-Waqia), ayat 35-36

And give glad tidings to those who believe and do righteous good deeds, that for them will be Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise). Every time they will be provided with a fruit therefrom, they will say: "This is what we were provided with before," and they will be given things in resemblance (i.e. in the same form but different in taste) and they shall have therein Azwajun Mutahharatun (purified mates or wives), (having no menses, stools, urine, etc.) and they will abide therein forever.
    Quran 2:25

Surely for the godfearing awaits a place of security, gardens and vineyards and maidens with swelling breasts, like of age, and a cup overflowing.
    Quran 78:33

A houri is a most beautiful young woman with a transparent body. The marrow of her bones is visible like the interior lines of pearls and rubies. She looks like red wine in a white glass. She is of white color, and free from the routine physical disabilities of an ordinary woman such as menstruation, menopause, urinal and offal discharge, child bearing and the related pollution. A houri is a girl of tender age, having large breasts which are round (pointed), and not inclined to dangle. Houris dwell in palaces of splendid surroundings.
    — Al-Tirmidhi, Jami` at-Tirmidhi [At-Tirmidhi, volume 2, pg 35-40]

:rofl: Whoever wrote that was a sick pervert.
    Holy ****ING ****. :rofl: :rofl:
    Their imagination is too strong, mate did they take A Level English Literature? :rofl: I was going to say something else but I don't want to get carded. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrinceAli)
    "Islam advocates" that's your issue. What do you mean by "Islam"? Do you mean Saudi Arabian Islam or Secular Islam? Because you're totally wrong to say that Secular Islam advocated against everything I said. You are totally right if you say Saudi Arabian or Pakistani or Wahabbism etc.
    I don't know about you, but most Muslims consider the prophet and the Quran to be arbiters of what's Islamic. You know very well the prophet said that a woman can't be a ruler, he said "Women are lacking mind and religion" *that's a quote*, the Quran proclaims that the testimony of a woman is half that of a man, women should cover themselves but men not, men can marry women of other faiths but women can't, men can take female sexual slaves from conquered nations (melk al yameen & sabaya) unless they're married... as if the only value a woman has is that of being her husband's pet and not any intrinsic value of the woman as a human being, the list goes on and on and on. The Quran is obviously against equality of men and women, what you hold to believe is your interpretation of Islam, your interpretation of what's in the Quran and your interpretation of the words of Muhammed. So, to answer your question, what I mean by Islam is the reasonable person's interpretation of the Quran and Sunnah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Underscore__)
    Only one of those statistics shows that a majority of Muslims hold a disagreeable view. I'd also be interested to see where these statistics were published

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd be concerned even with a sizable minority. 1/3 of a population is far from rare

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 4, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.