Official imperial college london 2017 applicants

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    For maths with a year in europe, do you get to choose where you go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by intheglacier)
    Anyone intending to apply for medical bioscience?
    Hi i am! What are your grades like and what are your other options?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applying for Biochemistry?

ReputationRep:
    State your:
    -intended subject
    Wanna study maths

-GCSE/IGCSE grades
    Havent done any- only came to the uk a year ago and started alevels right up but i have ielts 8.5

-AS-level(predicted/actual)
    Got 4As for maths/fmaths/chem/economics
    And overall 99%for the 6 maths modules

-A-level(predicted/actual)
    Got predicted 4A*s and A*for epq

-Extracurriculars
    Well grade 8 flute, taekwondo black belt✌️️ And what else... like school club leader?

And if there are any maths applicants how are you preparing for mat? I always get a few marks off from the successful applicants boundaryyyy. And theres no interview right?? Im so nervousss💩💩

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 17lina)
    State your:
    -intended subject
    Wanna study maths

-GCSE/IGCSE grades
    Havent done any- only came to the uk a year ago and started alevels right up but i have ielts 8.5

-AS-level(predicted/actual)
    Got 4As for maths/fmaths/chem/economics
    And overall 99%for the 6 maths modules

-A-level(predicted/actual)
    Got predicted 4A*s and A*for epq

-Extracurriculars
    Well grade 8 flute, taekwondo black belt✌️️ And what else... like school club leader?

And if there are any maths applicants how are you preparing for mat? I always get a few marks off from the successful applicants boundaryyyy. And theres no interview right?? Im so nervousss💩💩
    you know the boundary which I think you are looking at is based of oxford applicants, right? if you are just under the boundary then thats probably what you need for imperial

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KloppOClock)
    you know the boundary which I think you are looking at is based of oxford applicants, right? if you are just under the boundary then thats probably what you need for imperial
    Is it...?? Im not sure but i hope so xxx really want to get in oxford/imperial any two of the unis

ReputationRep:
    Many of my friends including myself want to apply to UCL but we don't think we would get into UCL because of our GCSE grades. I mean they werent low low but we got some A* 's , A's and B's . Do you think it's worth applying with those GCSE grades ? However we are all ambitious and we want to achieve 4 A's at AS / at the end of year 12.

ReputationRep:
    Intended Subject: Mechanical Engineering
    IGCSE grades: 4 A* 2 A
    AS level grades: AABC (Both A's in chem and math. B in physics. C in Biology)
    A level grades: A*AAA (A* in Math)
    Extra Curricular: Various Clubs related to environment. Prefect at school. Involved in organizing various events.

I am an international student. Im from asia, our school doesnt offer too many Activities remotely related to engineering. Is there a chance i can get an offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Many of my friends including myself want to apply to UCL but we don't think we would get into UCL because of our GCSE grades. I mean they werent low low but we got some A* 's , A's and B's . Do you think it's worth applying with those GCSE grades ? However we are all ambitious and we want to achieve 4 A's at AS / at the end of year 12.
    AS-level grades matter much more than GCSE results do.
    Just do well on you AS-level exam, I can guarantee that you will be accepted. I know a lot of people that have gone to UCL with mediocre GCSE grades and great AS-level grades(reaching the minimum requirements).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingYusHalo)
    AS-level grades matter much more than GCSE results do.
    Just do well on you AS-level exam, I can guarantee that you will be accepted. I know a lot of people that have gone to UCL with mediocre GCSE grades and great AS-level grades(reaching the minimum requirements).
    Aw ok thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys im hoping to apply to maths but not sure what course to put down G100 or G103. I wnna do a masters after so which one do i pick. G100 is only 3 years but the other is 4 year.

ReputationRep:
    How likely for an offer; 5A*3A3B GCSE A*AAA at as (maths as and a2 in year 1) and FM predicted A* and A in physics, not sure of anyone in my school who got predicted an a* in physics so yeah chances? Also state school underperforming at GCSE and I think college is also underperforming, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    Hi guys im hoping to apply to maths but not sure what course to put down G100 or G103. I wnna do a masters after so which one do i pick. G100 is only 3 years but the other is 4 year.
    G103 is the MSci and G100 is the BSc. So you can do the four year MSci or the three year BSc and then do an MSc/MMath.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    G103 is the MSci and G100 is the BSc. So you can do the four year MSci or the three year BSc and then do an MSc/MMath.

so they're essentially the same if i wanna go for a masters

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    so they're essentially the same if i wanna go for a masters
    It would take the same amount of time (a masters is 1 year I think) but I assume you'd have to apply for a masters again after you've done the BSc (and need a 2:1). You could go to a different university for this as well if you want to.

Don't know whether and MSc/MMath is better than an MSci or not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    It would take the same amount of time (a masters is 1 year I think) but I assume you'd have to apply for a masters again after you've done the BSc (and need a 2:1). You could go to a different university for this as well if you want to.

Don't know whether and MSc/MMath is better than an MSci or not

Would I still be competibg for the same places for g100 or just those for g103

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    Would I still be competibg for the same places for g100 or just those for g103
    Not sure tbh

ReputationRep:
    hyee guysss

i am an international student.
    i want to read mechanical engineering.
    am i going to be interviewed?

thank you

ReputationRep:
    Intended Subject: Medicine
    GCSE grades: 5A*(1D*), 4A and 2B's
    AS level grades: Not taken yet currently in year 12 but aiming for 4 A's()
    Extra Curricular: Prefect,reading mentor and peer mentor at school. I am going to do 1 week work experience at a pharmacy and shadow at a hospital during my holidays. I also did NCS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starstudent7)
    Intended Subject: Medicine
    GCSE grades: 5A*(1D*), 4A and 2B's
    AS level grades: Not taken yet currently in year 12 but aiming for 4 A's()
    Extra Curricular: Prefect,reading mentor and peer mentor at school. I am going to do 1 week work experience at a pharmacy and shadow at a hospital during my holidays. I also did NCS
    So you're a 2018 applicant? XD

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.