Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone do
    I did option A and thought it was alright
    I thought debates was alright too apart from the reductionism four marker although the view of the 12 marker was weird
    And research methods was okay but I forgot to Label the table and I didn't finish the last 6 marker
    Also what stats test??? Mann Whitney???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elleb16)
    How did everyone do
    I did option A and thought it was alright
    I thought debates was alright too apart from the reductionism four marker although the view of the 12 marker was weird
    And research methods was okay but I forgot to Label the table and I didn't finish the last 6 marker
    Also what stats test??? Mann Whitney???
    Yes man whit.
    I thought for the holistic and reductionist 4 marker you have to outline them both, then give an example of their benefit and an application?

ReputationRep:
    I put chi squared for the non parametric test!? 😟
    Overall, I found the shorter questions good, I did option A! ☺️ But the essays I think I got confused, I just wrote everything I knew about each the topics, but didn't really apply it..... Whoopsies!!

ReputationRep:
    Overall I thought it was okay , I did section A, but I'm not sure what I wrote for the debates essay was right- linking it to the question wasn't easy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikkiiiiii)
    Yes man whit.
    I thought for the holistic and reductionist 4 marker you have to outline them both, then give an example of their benefit and an application?
    I thought it was a limitation of reductionism?? Dunno got it wrong either way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elleb16)
    I thought it was a limitation of reductionism?? Dunno got it wrong either way
    Yeah I thought it said one limitation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L.Thompson)
    I put chi squared for the non parametric test!? 😟
    Overall, I found the shorter questions good, I did option A! ☺️ But the essays I think I got confused, I just wrote everything I knew about each the topics, but didn't really apply it..... Whoopsies!!
    You can have chi squared or Mann Whitney because Mann Whitney can just be reduced to nominal, so it's ok to put any that it can be reduced to, I've done a similar question before and the mark scheme allows either

ReputationRep:
    My perception: probably wrong, don't hate

OPTION A
    01. 1mk Oral + Anal 1mk for expansion, or example
    02. 1mk Castration anxiety displaced onto wolves (or explanation of C.A.) 1mk for phallic stage
    03. could have many, 1mk for identification of criticism e.g. unfalsifiability of defence mechanisms, 1mk for expansion. Then the same again i.e. cases favour men e.g. Dora
    04. AO1 Up to four marks for relevant knowledge and understanding of social learning theory and operant conditioning. This most likely will focus on the key assumptions of the approach: learning in a social context; observational learning; imitation; identification; role of models, characteristics of models; consequences of behaviour for models; vicarious reinforcement/punishment, distinction between learning and performance; cognitive factors in learning (for example attention, retention). Knowledge of operational conditioning. Positive/Negative Reinforcement; punishment; Hobbs & Holt application to token economies; applications; reinforcer after behaviour; environmental reductionism; environmental behaviourism.Credit reference to methodology and use of appropriate terminology eg reciprocal determinism, personal agency, self- efficacy, etc. 
Credit description of relevant evidence. 

AO2 Up to eight marks for analysis and comparison. Evaluation of SLT including its contributions and application of knowledge.
Discussion may only focus on comparison with operant conditioning – though candidates may well broaden their discussion to include wider comparison. All approaches are acceptable but most likely will be the behaviourist approach. Strengths may cover: the role of cognition in learning; the learning of complex social behaviours; the use of the experimental method and focus on humans in research; applications to health psychology, sport psychology and therapies requiring increase in self-efficacy. Limitations may include: neglects the role of biology/heredity/ maturation; methodological aspects of research where linked to social learning theory; does not explain the learning of abstract ideas. 
Credit use of relevant evidence.

OPTION BSomeone help me out?

Debates:
    01. Empirical evidence is the studying of overt and objective facts 1mk, for example (behaviourist) experiment 1mk
    02. Named limitation i.e science doesn’t allow for free will 1mk, expansion 1mk i.e humanists see free will as central because…
    03 Reductionism definition 1mk, named benefit i.e allows complex behaviour to be broken down to establish causation 1mk expansion i.e. why this is good for psychology in terms of creating general laws 1mk. for application e.g. MSM in memory. Credit one benefit explained ( as above) or two in less detail.

04. Nature nurture with small reference to stem (no reference max 8 marks)

Up to four marks for demonstrating knowledge and understanding relevant to the nature-nurture debate, including explanations of behaviour relating to both nature and nurture; knowledge and understanding of relevant terminology such as nativism, empiricism, interactionism, shared and non-shared environments, pre- and post-natal environments; active-passive environments; heritability co-efficient; methods of research used in relation to the debate, the standing of different approaches is psychology in relation to the debate. Maximum of one mark for defining the debate. Credit description of relevant evidence up to one mark.
    AO2 Up to eight marks for discussion, analysis and application of the debate to behaviour. Stem referred to conditioning (nurture); Behaviour will most likely emerge from topic areas such as schizophrenia and children’s thinking, but accept other examples such as PKU and language. Discussion may include the difficulties of establishing the relative contributions of nature and nurture, the implications of the debate for the prediction and control of behaviour, theoretical and methodological complexities including twin studies and the need to take an interactionist approach. Credit references to approaches and to other debates in psychology.Credit use of relevant evidence.Max 8 marks for not referring to the stem.

Stats
    1. 2 marks for suitable hypothesis. H1; operationalised DV; mentioning both conditions of IV; one tailed/directional;
    2. 2 marks for suitably labelled table. Mean and SD on one side, Condtion A and condition B on other side.
    3. 2 marks for drawing conclusions/ homogeneity of variance. 1 mark for mean score higher in non-texting group, 1 mark for SD shows greater spread about mean therefore no HoV. Possible mark for concluding texting affects learning.
    4. named extraneous variable for 1 mark; how it may affect results for second mark. x2 E.g. Gender; boys may be more distracted by texts than girls.
    5. 2 marker I can’t remember
    6. Suitable standardised instructions; verbatim; not revealing aim; reminder of right to withdrawSuitable debrief; verbatim; thanking ps; offering right to withdraw again; emphasising confidentiality; offering counselling; offering results gaines; asking if any questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ha2420)
    You can have chi squared or Mann Whitney because Mann Whitney can just be reduced to nominal, so it's ok to put any that it can be reduced to, I've done a similar question before and the mark scheme allows either
    omg really?? phew i put chi squared

ReputationRep:
    Overall it was a good paper. I kinda forgot what empirical meant so I ********ted it and homogeneity of varience. But over all it was all good. My writing booklet got muddled up so I had to write notes for my examinors to turn the pages lool

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone draw there tabel

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by gemstone100)
    How did everyone draw there tabel

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did texting and non texting on the top then mean and standard deviation on the side...idk if it's right I kinda made it up and didn't label it more than that......

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did that but the other way round. Some people labelled the tabel scores though so I wonder if that was a point

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did that but the other way round. Some people labelled the tabel scores though so I wonder if that was a point

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I put the scores in...is that what you mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No like they also labelled a title scores

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    what is the deccan plateux????? is it extrusive

ReputationRep:
    wrong thread lmao

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have bio tommorow

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have bio tommorow

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I had biology today, how did yours go? Are you doing AQA?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.