Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    False, that's a baseless assumption you've made. There's an active ex-Muslim on here (Cobalt_) who said his first post was also saying he was an ex-Muslim. So are you going to accuse him of being a troll too when he's still here on TSR?

It doesn't make sense to you, but it makes sense to polytheists. And to them it doesn't make sense for there to be only one god.
    CAPTAINSHAZAM

Yup. My first thread was "I'm an ex muslim AMA" and i've been active ever since.
    I don't get why its difficult for some Muslims to comprehend people leaving Islam. Grow up and get over it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by libby12345)
    Nice comment...
    But, The QURAN is the only holy book which has remained the same since it has been brought down.
    Where's your evidence for this statement? Do you have the original Quran in your possession?

There are things mentioned in the Quran which scientists are proving now. The major signs have begun...
    Downright lies. Not only does the Quran not contain any original or impressive science, but it also makes many glaring scientific mistakes, proving it is not the work of an all-knowing deity. There is no Quranic science that is being proved by scientists now. If you disagree then feel free to provide the peer-reviewed journals demonstrating this.

All i'm saying is, please have a look into the religion of Islam. It will grant you Paradise.

Thank me later lol
    I've read both the Quran, the tafsir and large portions of the Hadeeth and have concluded that Islam is false, nothing more than the work of 7th century Arabs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    The idea of a 'birth religion' doesn't really make sense to me.
    Nor do I. It reminds me of Dawkin's good point in The God Delusion about the inappropriateness of saying things like "Christian/Muslim child" when people that young don't know enough to make an informed decision about the religious beliefs of their parents.

ReputationRep:
    How can one leave their own religion that they're born into...
    Clearly they aren't loyal to anything then.

Crazy double standards.
    Should I tell you what's funny?

If someone joins Islam you don't ask them why or ask them to justify anything. You immediately shower them with Mashallahs.

Yet, if someone decides to leave you immediately harass them and demand an explanation.

And still you talk about double standards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    The idea of a 'birth religion' doesn't really make sense to me.
    It's nicer to say that than to call it indoctrination.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cobalt_)
    CAPTAINSHAZAM

Yup. My first thread was "I'm an ex muslim AMA" and i've been active ever since.
    I don't get why its difficult for some Muslims to comprehend people leaving Islam. Grow up and get over it.
    Theres nothing for me to get over, theres been a bunch of these threads and every time you go on it you have people bashing and slating Islam and like the people who tried claiming certain things by using the quran ive read hadiths ive read and use it, thats where its becoming an issue. And when i put them straight they then do a U turn.
    There are munafiqs who claim to be muslim and then misquote things and try and steer people away, same thing there will be people claiming to be an ex muslim yet are just another "troll" or person trying to mislead people.

Whether you want to be a muslim or not doesnt concern me since theres no compulsory in religion. So do as you please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Francis Urquhart)
    I would love to believe, i honestly would. To know that my rotten, insignificant life is worth a dime, to know that someone out there is looking out for me despite all the stuff that's come my and my family's way.

Truly, honestly, it must be liberating to have 100% assurance of belief that your soul will be saved and you will be rewarded for eternity as long as you follow the right path. Unfortunately my cynical brain will not allow me to do so.

Please don't feel as if i'm mocking you because i'm not. Believing in something absolutely must be a beautiful thing, i've seen the looks on peoples faces in church before, especially pentecostal churches. Yet God hasn't found me yet.

Best regards
    Francis.
    I respect that about you, youre not trying to misquote people and use peoples own scripture out of context like some athiests/agnostics like to do. Inshallah you will find the truth and i hope you do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM)
    Theres nothing for me to get over, theres been a bunch of these threads and every time you go on it you have people bashing and slating Islam and like the people who tried claiming certain things by using the quran ive read hadiths ive read and use it, thats where its becoming an issue. And when i put them straight they then do a U turn.
    There are munafiqs who claim to be muslim and then misquote things and try and steer people away, same thing there will be people claiming to be an ex muslim yet are just another "troll" or person trying to mislead people.

Whether you want to be a muslim or not doesnt concern me since theres no compulsory in religion. So do as you please.
    What are you talking about lol.
    "theres been a bunch of these threads and every time you go on it you have people bashing and slating Islam"
    Its an Ex Muslim AMA, this thread wasnt designed to "bash" Islam.
    You automatically assumed he was a troll on the basis on him stating he was ex Muslim. AMA threads ask anything to the OP, this wasnt a thread about Islam till you made it one. Most of the replies in here were asking legitimate questions.

"like the people who tried claiming certain things by using the quran ive read hadiths ive read and use it, thats where its becoming an issue"
    Not sure what you meant here.

"There are munafiqs who claim to be muslim and then misquote things and try and steer people away, same thing there will be people claiming to be an ex muslim yet are just another "troll" or person trying to mislead people."
    Heres the problem. I'm sorry to bust your bubble mate but there arent munafiqs who go around undermining Islam. Stop being so paranoid. Also its probably not best to assume munafiqs are the same as ex Muslims, might want to really research what an ex muslim/munafiqs are.

I'm sick of this attitude held by many folks on here. No one is misleading anyone. If you're really that concerned and are that fragile about your religion that you think Muslims are being persuaded by us "munafiqs" then that shows how little you think of Islam.

ReputationRep:
    Nice comment...
    But, The QURAN is the only holy book which has remained the same since it has been brought down. There are things mentioned in the Quran which scientists are proving now. The major signs have begun...

All i'm saying is, please have a look into the religion of Islam. It will grant you Paradise.

Thank me later lol
    What major signs?
    Tall buildings and natural disasters like violent earthquakes and tornadoes?
    The signs are vague and can be applied to any time. The funky supernatural signs will never happen.

I have looked into Islam and I'm not convinced it's true. Allah doesn't seem any more real than Poseidon to me and bold claims like that about the Quran aren't convincing either. The Quran we have today was compiled during Uthman's reign, we'll never know what the lost texts he excluded contained.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    False, stop with the stupid comments. It is perfectly possible to research and know a lot about Islam and still find it makes no sense.
    Go back to sleep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farah_786)
    Go back to sleep.
    So no refutation then? Just a poor attempt at an ad hom.

ReputationRep:
    It's embarrassing that the people trying to defend Islam aren't even educated enough to be doing so. They just make hopeless arguments that aren't even worthy of a debate, and probably break their fast with a joint at iftaar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legendary Quest)
    Should I tell you what's funny?

If someone joins Islam you don't ask them why or ask them to justify anything. You immediately shower them with Mashallahs.

Yet, if someone decides to leave you immediately harass them and demand an explanation.

And still you talk about double standards.
    shhhhhhhhhh dont talk rubbish

ReputationRep:
    Don't you guys have anything else to talk about?
    Go do some revision

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.