Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hmrc operational delivery profession (surge and rapid response team) offers? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niriden)
    Has anyone started work already and how is it?? I just got my formal offer
    Hi,I hose 15th August as start date and I have received a confirmation email to this effect on the CS website..

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I start on Monday! I'll try and give you an update as to what it's like initially :-) Up to now I haven't even thought about the dress code... from the interview it seemed as if it was smart casual. What do you guys think? I'm probably just thinking about it too much. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LordEddardSharpe)
    Hi guys, I start on Monday! I'll try and give you an update as to what it's like initially :-) Up to now I haven't even thought about the dress code... from the interview it seemed as if it was smart casual. What do you guys think? I'm probably just thinking about it too much. Thanks!
    I start on Monday too, I'm the same with you on the dress code. I think I'll just make it really smart and then judging from what I see on the first day, I'll know how to adjust it

ReputationRep:
    I start on monday aswell but I have no idea who am meeting with, what time and where.
    No official confirmation, just an email saying I will be contacted with further details.
    I think am just going to withdraw the offer as my current employer needs an answer asap about my decision on leaving.
    Can't leave my current job until I get something tangible like a formal offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onomskky)
    I start on monday aswell but I have no idea who am meeting with, what time and where.
    No official confirmation, just an email saying I will be contacted with further details.
    I think am just going to withdraw the offer as my current employer needs an answer asap about my decision on leaving.
    Oh no don't do that. Have you tried emailing them again? because I got an email about 3 days after to confirm the offer and where and who I'll meet on the day. I'll advice, coming along with us Monday 9:30 and take it from there. Because it's a shame going through all this long process only to withdraw your offer

ReputationRep:

I'm with Niriden, it would be a massive shame to not join after coming through this whole process! Admittedly said process has been a thorough omnishambles... try and email CS resourcing again to chase. Hopefully see you on Monday!

ReputationRep:
    Hi onomsky, I am thinking you should go in on Monday at least and take the week off your current job. You do not have to put in your resignation yet.I start 15th August.

ReputationRep:
    How did your first day go? For all those who started yesterday! X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahHill11)
    How did your first day go? For all those who started yesterday! X
    Hey! It went really well thanks, a LOT of listening. As you would expect the first day consisted of a few icebreakers and getting your login/building pass. That was pretty much it! Nearly 30 of us started yesterday, and in a few weeks at least 20 people are due to start. Early days but everyone is nice, seems like it's a job requirement!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LordEddardSharpe)
    Hey! It went really well thanks, a LOT of listening. As you would expect the first day consisted of a few icebreakers and getting your login/building pass. That was pretty much it! Nearly 30 of us started yesterday, and in a few weeks at least 20 people are due to start. Early days but everyone is nice, seems like it's a job requirement!
    Hi lordeddard, thanks for the update. Did you guys have your working offices and have they told you pay day, working times what is the average age in your syndicate?i start in 2 weeks time too in Croydon and I am approaching 40 years.

ReputationRep:
    I start on Monday too, I'm the same with you on the dress code. I think I'll just make it really smart and then judging from what I see on the first day, I'll know how to adjust it
    Hi Niriden, have you managed to know what the dress code is and how was your 1st and 2nd day like?

ReputationRep:
    @lere and why are you so conscious about ages of those who started and what not

This is all about having a job, a future and ultimately getting paid, if am correct.

Pretty sure the campaign was not bordered on age awareness or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lere)
    Hi Niriden, have you managed to know what the dress code is and how was your 1st and 2nd day like?
    Hey lere. So the dress code is business , so either a suit, shirt and trouser and a tie, shirt and blazer. You get an email a few days before you start letting you know. Don't worry about the age. There's a mixture of older and younger people and everybody is really nice. The salary is also 22, roughly 1852 beofore tax. Few days have been nice, lots of information to go through, and it's very interesting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jayadore2000)
    @lere and why are you so conscious about ages of those who started and what not

This is all about having a job, a future and ultimately getting paid, if am correct.

Pretty sure the campaign was not bordered on age awareness or something.
    Hi jayadore, nice you asked. Whilst it goes without saying that is a job, and job not on age awareness, it is an 'apprenticeship scheme' at a level which is mostly relevant or tailored to starters in the field. Therefore, a valid question is to ask what the age ranges are! Hope I make sense. Please be aware no intent of personal data is asked here and it was a general question about statistics. Got it?

ReputationRep:
    Hey lere. So the dress code is business , so either a suit, shirt and trouser and a tie, shirt and blazer. You get an email a few days before you start letting you know. Don't worry about the age. There's a mixture of older and younger people and everybody is really nice. The salary is also 22, roughly 1852 beofore tax. Few days have been nice, lots of information to go through, and it's very interesting
    Thanks Niriden. And hope you have been enjoying your new role. Thanks for the information, very appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Hi all

I recieved a formal offer via email to start on the 5th December in the Cardiff location, however I got another email today confirming the start date being delayed untill January.

Is anyone else in a similar position?

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I'm an existing civil servant. I'm due to start in Cardiff as a SRRT Team Leader. I'm currently waiting for my start date, so hopefully it will be in January also

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Do you get paid for travel time?
    Do you get an allowance for staying away from home overnight,?
    Any other allowances you get?

Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi. Has anyone applied for the latest recruitment drive based in Croydon?

I've just received a provisional offer today and it will be nice to keep in touch with others who have during the time till we receive unconditional offers...

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Has anyone got a provisional offer for CSR/2281/16 Administration Officer & Apprentice? I got mine 2/12, anxiously waiting for my DBS & pre employment checks to come back!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.