Edexcel Government & Politics - Unit 2 Governing the UK (09/06/16)

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollyadtr)
    Yeah if it specifically says post 2010 reforms otherwise you can mention any reforms...look at the pictures I attached above from the politics review, it's got the evasion of post 2010 constitutional reforms

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah thanks i will check em out

can't wait till this exam is over

only really easy questions can save me lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)

Ah I bet you'll be fine ! You seem like you know your stuff from how much I've seen you on here too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If ya want my powerpoints I've got for constitution and parliament to help you look back through the thread (it won't take only its on the other page) and I attached them to someone else who needed them too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No worries, I already have them which I'll be using. Thanks, by the way!

Just a lot of work to cover in a short amount of time. Stressing me out!

ReputationRep:

On your profile you're an overlord of the chat so you must know something 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah I bet you'll be fine ! You seem like you know your stuff from how much I've seen you on here too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    nope

you need loads of examples for unit 2 right

i hardly have any

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UKStudent17)
    No worries, I already have them which I'll be using. Thanks, by the way!

Just a lot of work to cover in a short amount of time. Stressing me out!
    I know it is quite a lot...but the stuff on sovereignty links in with parliament...perhaps just use the PowerPoint to make essay plans or tables or mind maps or another way you feel confident about?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    nope

you need loads of examples for unit 2 right

i hardly have any
    To be honest you don't, it's more about content, like for pm yeah there are examples but if you use the 3 studies that's just as good, the only real examples are of reform and examples of what pms do

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To be honest you don't, it's more about content, like for pm yeah there are examples but if you use the 3 studies that's just as good, the only real examples are of reform and examples of what pms do

Posted from TSR Mobile
    for parliament you do right? and constitution?

is 'for and against a coalition' part of our spec?

ReputationRep:

unit 1 territory. You need to know how coalition affected the relationship, i.e. more rebellions, weakened collective responsibility

ReputationRep:
    What's an example of Cameron being asked a question of question-time, and what was his answer please? Just need 1 or 2 short ones please!!

ReputationRep:

Constitution is practically just the reforms nd particular cases like the belmarsh case which is an obvious one
    Parliament I guess there are examples like questions for ministers but in the mock I didn't use many examples and I still managed to get an a...you probs next examples for the types of select committed there are but that's easy like education, welfare the nhs and so on
    You'll need some examples for the functions but they're simple like for scrutiny accountability you can say prime ministers question times holds the government to account and scrutinises what they are doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

And unit 2 you don't need to know stats as much as you do for unit one so that makes it easier

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foji)
    What's an example of Cameron being asked a question of question-time, and what was his answer please? Just need 1 or 2 short ones please!!
    Maybe just watch question time on Wednesday so you have a really super contemporary question to show off in the exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Maybe just watch question time on Wednesday so you have a really super contemporary question to show off in the exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    I know it is quite a lot...but the stuff on sovereignty links in with parliament...perhaps just use the PowerPoint to make essay plans or tables or mind maps or another way you feel confident about?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah. A lot of you have provided great guides and information, so I'll take a look at them and try and get to grips with it.

I'll probably cover Parliament tomorrow morning and then the Constitution in the afternoon, then just review everything done so far in the evening.

A good night's sleep will probably clear my head. Woke up very early today to prepare for the exam; I'm shattered now!

ReputationRep:
    Lol
    https://twitter.com/tasnia_x/status/739810404428328960
    There are real tears in my eyes this is actually hilarious

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UKStudent17)
    Yeah. A lot of you have provided great guides and information, so I'll take a look at them and try and get to grips with it.

I'll probably cover Parliament tomorrow morning and then the Constitution in the afternoon, then just review everything done so far in the evening.

A good night's sleep will probably clear my head. Woke up very early today to prepare for the exam; I'm shattered now!
    Yeah i think that's what I'll do, especially trying to revise around lessons is still tricky though, ill probably see ya around on the thread tomorrow🤓

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i think that's what I'll do, especially trying to revise around lessons is still tricky though, ill probably see ya around on the thread tomorrow🤓

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Probably will Seeya soon!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You don't have study leave/?!!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Geedorah)
    Link 1: 40 Mark Qs
    http://alevelpolitics.com/wp-content...-2009-2015.pdf

Link 2: Source based Qs
    http://alevelpolitics.com/wp-content...-2009-2015.pdf

I hope this helps!
    This is brilliant thank you!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 11, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Does your body insecurities make you avoid PE or exercise?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.