Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Vote on the future of the Model European Union Watch

• View Poll Results: How should this subforum be used in the future?
    Form a Model European Union
    41.38%
    Close down the subforum, archiving it as a record of the Model United Nations
    58.62%

ReputationRep:
    There is no consensus that this place should be closed. Therefore, by QC's ruling, this place shall not be closed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    Y'know, your argument in favour of keeping the MEU might be stronger if had you actually used the MEU yourself. But you haven't. You have made nearly 1400 posts in the MHoC, but only around 100 posts in the MEU (and at least half of those have been arguments in this thread or the Chat thread). :lol:
    If you are against the MEU, then you should not be posting here. By posting here, you are only increasing the activity of this place.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Unown Uzer)
    If you are against the MEU, then you should not be posting here. By posting here, you are only increasing the activity of this place.
    You aren't a CT member or a mod, stop telling people they can't post here.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Y'know, your argument in favour of keeping the MEU might be stronger if had you actually used the MEU yourself. But you haven't. You have made nearly 1400 posts in the MHoC, but only around 100 posts in the MEU (and at least half of those have been arguments in this thread or the Chat thread). :lol:
    The MEU hasn't officially got set up yet so there is not a lot to post about.

ReputationRep:
    You aren't a CT member or a mod, stop telling people they can't post here.
    I'm not telling you that you can't post here. I am pointing out the irony that you are posting here so much that you are making this place active, when you are against this place because it's inactive (as you claim). Also, since you are not a CT member or a mod, stop telling us what to do with the MEU.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    1 message really isn't life-changing. Besides, you are being hypocritical seeing as you sent a message to those who had already said they didn't want to receive MEU related messages. You decided to ignore their complaints and sent the message to them anyway. I will not agree to that, no, as there is no reason why I can't help to set up the MEU. I am only pointing them out to demonstrate that what you are saying is based on opinion, not fact.
    It still irritated people and I deliberately excluded meenu from that PM when she said she didn't want to receive it and actually Life_peer commented in here about the decision over the MEU, suggesting I was right to send it.

The reason you can't help to set up the MEU is you - you have behaved as if you own the place, by setting up the bar and then trying to ban people from it, sending out an unwanted PM, and trying to close parties down. You are the wrong person for the role - if you cared about the MEU, you'd take a step back. Instead, it is clear, you see this as a way to achieve a personal fiefdom.

BIB - and? Stick to the debate.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'm not telling you that you can't post here. I am pointing out the irony that you are posting here so much that you are making this place active, when you are against this place because it's inactive (as you claim). Also, since you are not a CT member or a mod, stop telling us what to do with the MEU.
    'So much' - I think I've posted here 3 times this week? :rolleyes: The MEU is inactive, posts in a Chat thread or debating whether or not the MEU should close don't constitute activity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    It still irritated people and I deliberately excluded meenu from that PM when she said she didn't want to receive it and actually Life_peer commented in here about the decision over the MEU, suggesting I was right to send it.

The reason you can't help to set up the MEU is you - you have behaved as if you own the place, by setting up the bar and then trying to ban people from it, sending out an unwanted PM, and trying to close parties down. You are the wrong person for the role - if you cared about the MEU, you'd take a step back. Instead, it is clear, you see this as a way to achieve a personal fiefdom.

You accuse QQ of not trying enough to make this place more active, but now blame him for trying to make this place more active through PMs. Why don't you go back to the MHoC and do your job of being Deputy Speaker, and not try to act like the boss of this place, when you don't even have an official position?
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    You accuse QQ of not trying enough to make this place more active, but now blame him for trying to make this place more active through PMs. Why don't you go back to the MHoC and do your job of being Deputy Speaker, and not try to act like the boss of this place, when you don't even have an official position?
    No, what I am trying to point out is that he has got people's backs up and to proceed, you need someone less abrasive. That's rich, seeing how many of you act here. You are, however, right in one respect that many of us have better things to do than watch you all fight over one another to try to clambour for positions here - good luck with the MEU.

ReputationRep:
    No, what I am trying to point out is that he has got people's backs up and to proceed, you need someone less abrasive. That's rich, seeing how many of you act here. You are, however, right in one respect that many of us have better things to do than watch you all fight over one another to try to clambour for positions here - good luck with the MEU.
    If you truly believe that you "have better things to do than watch you all fight over one another to try to clambour for positions here", you should not be posting here again. I hope you honour that commitment.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    If you truly believe that you "have better things to do than watch you all fight over one another to try to clambour for positions here", you should not be posting here again. I hope you honour that commitment.
    Well really, it's got naff all to do with you whether I do, so back off.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

You only didn't send it to Meenu when I reminded you that she didn't want to receive messages to do with the MHoC.

I am sick of hearing your false claims that I am only interested in the MEU to inflate my ego. I have only ever tried to get the MEU and your claims that I am doing it for my own personal reasons is yet more nonsense. Yet another subjective comment...

What debate? If you have no interest in the MEU, I don't know why you keep posting here.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not backing off. Why are you still here talking in this 'failure' of a place?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I really think you should be the one to back off.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Alright, fellas, keep it civil, please.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    I'm not backing off. Why are you still here talking in this 'failure' of a place?
    So effectively you're driving out one of the few people who has offered advice on this place, smart move!

(Original post by Quamquam123)
    You only didn't send it to Meenu when I reminded you that she didn't want to receive messages to do with the MHoC.

I am sick of hearing your false claims that I am only interested in the MEU to inflate my ego. I have only ever tried to get the MEU and your claims that I am doing it for my own personal reasons is yet more nonsense. Yet another subjective comment...

What debate? If you have no interest in the MEU, I don't know why you keep posting here.
    No, she expressly asked not to receive the PM. No-one cares about the subjective comments and I have an interest in the MEU succeeding, but obviously that looks unlikely to happen.

(Original post by Airmed)
    Alright, fellas, keep it civil, please.
    I think that I'll leave my comments here - I have already expressed my views on this subject more than enough times I feel.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I think that I'll leave my comments here - I have already expressed my views on this subject more than enough times I feel.
    That's fine. I know there is no mod for this section right now, but I don't think it wise for everything to kick off over differences of opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I wasn't around this afternoon/ evening to mod this place [Just to let you know I'm the official mod round here] So lets keep it civil guys, keep this place argument free.

Thanks Airmed for stepping in and keeping the peace!
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by adam9317)
    Sorry I wasn't around this afternoon/ evening to mod this place [Just to let you know I'm the official mod round here] So lets keep it civil guys, keep this place argument free.

Thanks Airmed for stepping in and keeping the peace!
    Why? Sorry to sound Donald Trump-esque, but my argument here was the most activity you've had in this forum for ages

ReputationRep:
    Why? Sorry to sound Donald Trump-esque, but my argument here was the most activity you've had in this forum for ages
    good job I'm a Trumpist

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.