Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rihana.c)
    Nice one, that's really good so you've defo got that a*

I'm actually quite proud of myself for getting around 90 in paper 2 cos I never get in the 90s
    Thanks and well done. As long as you're proud of yourself, it doesn't matter

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I lost some silly marks which i am upset about. Usually for past papers i get 100% but on this paper I got 95 which was a bit of an under- performance, gutted that i couldn't get full marks. But the main thing is I will hopefully get an A*!

Hope everyone else did amazing!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakstar)
    Ah, I lost some silly marks which i am upset about. Usually for past papers i get 100% but on this paper I got 95 which was a bit of an under- performance, gutted that i couldn't get full marks. But the main thing is I will hopefully get an A*!

Hope everyone else did amazing!!!
    Ayy, you're literally everywhere, you need to calm your life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamza772000)
    Ayy, you're literally everywhere, you need to calm your life.
    Oh its you again!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh its you again!!!!
    Yeah, we meet again.

ReputationRep:
    BTW well done for getting lots of marks according to the mark schemes, hopefully you will get an A*

ReputationRep:
    I did 145/1000 X 1.80 and got 0.261. How many marks out of 3 would be lost?

Anybody

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rajive)

Anybody
    Sorry, but which question is this?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, but which question is this?
    Those index questions can't remember the exact number

ReputationRep:

Anybody
    Sorry, for Q6 you had to do 145/100 x 1.8
    Since you had the correct method of multiplying by 1.8 and using 145 it should be clear to the examiner that you understood an increase of 45%.
    You may be forgiven on the basis you made an error of the extra 0 on 100.
    You will only get a maximum of 1 mark out of 3

ReputationRep:
    Those index questions can't remember the exact number
    Since its Edexcel they are the most lenient board, (of course being an overview of all the examiners), they will award markings for the smallest but yet significant of workings/method!

ReputationRep:
    Looks like for question 11 on that paper they forgot to add the total value of the car park?

ReputationRep:
    Since its Edexcel they are the most lenient board, (of course being an overview of all the examiners), they will award markings for the smallest but yet significant of workings/method!
    So it's possible I could get 2 out of 3 marks?

ReputationRep:
    So it's possible I could get 2 out of 3 marks?
    No, unfortunately that mistake can only be justifiable from one perspective, in my opinion that will be too optimistic.
    I know, you know that it was a silly mistake because if its add 45% you are supposed to do 145/100 not "1000", but don't be upset, the grade boundaries will be lower than the standard

ReputationRep:
    No, unfortunately that mistake can only be justifiable from one perspective, in my opinion that will be too optimistic.
    I know, you know that it was a silly mistake because if its add 45% you are supposed to do 145/100 not "1000", but don't be upset, the grade boundaries will be lower than the standard
    Okay, and also the last question, how many marks out of 6 for working out one angle=40.0?

I am so glad I counted between 139-150 on both papers

ReputationRep:
    Okay, and also the last question, how many marks out of 6 for working out one angle=40.0?

I am so glad I counted between 139-150 on both papers
    Wow, you did pretty well overall, that will definitely get you the grade A!

Now, for Question 6 I have also obtained that angle, that is the only question I have lost marks in the Calculator paper. Again me and you will get 2-3 marks for that question. I know what you did, you must of used the area of the triangle, 1/2ab x sin(c) and obtained 40 degrees using the information on the question provided.

Firstly the initiative of manipulating with the formula will get you 1 mark, another 1 mark will be given for getting 40 by rearranging the formula. the 3rd mark will be given for displaying the correct use of 40 degrees later on.

ReputationRep:
    What mark do you guys think I will need for an A?

ReputationRep:
    Wow, you did pretty well overall, that will definitely get you the grade A!

Now, for Question 6 I have also obtained that angle, that is the only question I have lost marks in the Calculator paper. Again me and you will get 2-3 marks for that question. I know what you did, you must of used the area of the triangle, 1/2ab x sin(c) and obtained 40 degrees using the information on the question provided.

Firstly the initiative of manipulating with the formula will get you 1 mark, another 1 mark will be given for getting 40 by rearranging the formula. the 3rd mark will be given for displaying the correct use of 40 degrees later on.
    Okay fair enough, I don't know why I read as ABC instead of BAC

ReputationRep:
    Okay fair enough, I don't know why I read as ABC instead of BAC
    It's fine it happens, you can't look back on that now, neither can I!

Regardless, well done for getting many marks so far, I have confidence you will get an A as they are only minor mistakes.
    Good luck mate!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tasnia'x)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byb...w?pref=2&pli=1

GUESS I'M GUESSING Q11 IS WRONG- SINCE PEOPLE ARE SAYING THIS
    AND ALSO I ONLY FOUND THIS MARK SCHEME AND I DO NOT HAVE ANY CREDITS FOR ANYTHING!

Here's the mark scheme guys!

How did you guys find the Exam?

All thanks to hamza772000 :rofl:

Enjoy counting your marks and tell me how you done
    Can't wait till Results Day :cry2: :cute:
    HAHAHHAHAAHAH he's wrong. He didn't read the question correctly

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.