Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Decided to leave Islam after Orlando attack. AMA. Watch

ReputationRep:
    :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sara_t)
    Right, so if those verses can be interpreted in a more violent way, rather than the view that most Muslims hold, then the problem is with the individual. Not the Quran, or Islam itself. Me and many other Muslims have studied the quran in depth and there was nothing in there that radicalized me or anyone else I know. So then why is the religion to blame? If you look into the background of alot of these Isis terrorists, you'll find that they weren't even religious to begin with. It's this lack of knowlede that leads to them, like yourself, focusing solely on these 'violent' verses and taking them literally to justify their actions. If the problem was with Islam itself, the billions of Muslims worldwide would have blown everyone up by now.
    Nonsense. Islam IS the problem, but most people, Muslims included, are decent who obviously don't go out of their way to kill others.

(Original post by karishma9156)
    To all muslims on this page: don't waste your time on trying to convince these ignorants. Allah guides who He wills and misguides who He wills. We will not be questioned by Allah on the day of judgement regarding why this brother/sister left Islam. We will only be judged by what we have done. Besides, these people who are not muslims, have never read the Quran at all let alone study it. These non-muslims (and some muslims) are trying to portray that they know more about Quran and Islam than scholars who have devoted their whole lives to Islamic studies and yet think 100 times before making a comment on verses of the Quran or Hadith. I think it is absolutely futile to argue with ignorant people who are willing to stoop low to any stage to insult muslims and do not respect the beliefs of other people. My brothers and sisters, the more you argue with these ignorants (muslims or non-muslims) the more they will speak against Allah and His prophet. Let Allah be the judge. A kind request from a sister, please leave this thread and don't bother to reply to any of these people because they are only looking for faults within Islam not the truth. Let this brother/sister do whatever they, they want to leave Islam? fine let them do it. Allah does not need their worship. They will realise on the day of judgement.
    Neither Allah nor Judgement Day are real and trying to subtly threaten those who don't believe in it is just as effective as threatening you with Thor's war hammer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Nonsense. Islam IS the problem, but most people, Muslims included, are decent who obviously don't go out of their way to kill others.

Neither Allah nor Judgement Day are real and trying to subtly threaten those who don't believe in it is just as effective as threatening you with Thor's war hammer.
    judgement day!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silvercloud6)
    Don't blame it on the religion. Islam is a religion of peace . Many people misinterpret it especially the ones who have no clear knowledge about it and go around talking foul about it . Please as a human being capable of making sound decision you should clearly understand the true meaning of Islam and then if you feel like leaving then so be it . its your choice but please make sure you clearly know all the information before making such a drastic decision. its your life decision so be careful and think critically.
    "The religion of peace" title doesn't belong to Islam and it never has. It was coined over a millennium before Mohammad (pbuh) was even born and is a traditional name for Buddhism. In Buddhist countries Buddhism isn't called "Buddhism," it's called "the way/path of peace." It's not even thought of as a religion, it's their entire culture, so in this context "way/path" is synonymous with "religion." As such, "the religion/way/path of peace" refers to Buddhism, not Islam.

You can see it used here for example:
    http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipit...1.08.amar.html

Sorry Muslims of TSR, the phrase was already taken long before Islam was created.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    "The religion of peace" title doesn't belong to Islam and it never has. It was coined over a millennium before Mohammad (pbuh) was even born and is a traditional name for Buddhism. In Buddhist countries Buddhism isn't called "Buddhism," it's called "the way/path of peace." It's not even thought of as a religion, it's their entire culture, so in this context "way/path" is synonymous with "religion." As such, "the religion/way/path of peace" refers to Buddhism, not Islam.

Sorry Muslims of TSR, the phrase was already taken long before Islam was created.
    preach that - muslims just force people to convert to Islam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silvercloud6)
    really why so? I have seen some lectures of his and many people follow his lectures . Well can you tell me why . i would really like to know .
    The appeal to authority fallacy, appeal to accomplishment fallacy and argumentum ad populum.

She has passed away.

RIP...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)

Literally waiting for someone to talk about Burma :sigh:

I'd also add Jainism as a religion of peace, but I think their ahimsa, if followed strictly, is rather impractical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrojanH)
    wasnt the killer gay himself lol

werent the killings due to his hatred of self?... he was found to have multiple homosexual relationships, an avid drinker, have multiple gay dating apps, he murdered those people in the night club as he was a regular there and loather the happiness of others.

if you leave islam, you leave it because of a decision made by yourself, uninfluenced by another persons actions, that's just pathetic
    Oh **** he was gay? I just focused on them identifying the lad, didn't give enough ****s about his personal life lol but ahh ok gay.

Anyway he still pledged allegiance to ISIL apparently. They probably made him feel bad for being gay or summat. Dunno. Don't care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)

I want an honest conversation with you and maybe we can take it to pm so you don't have to worry about others judging you but which [abrahamic] religion do you resent, ridicule whatever the most?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shivam_chauhan)
    Are you dumb? of course it bloody does
    Whereeeeeee then whereeee

ReputationRep:
    Some comments are just plain rude against Islam... I mean why do you say that?
    Do any of us Muslim's on TSR go 'It took you long enough' if someone where to leave Christianity? Judaism? Sikhism? Hinduism? etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    I want an honest conversation with you and maybe we can take it to pm so you don't have to worry about others judging you but which [abrahamic] religion do you resent, ridicule whatever the most?
    On TSR it's Islam because most of the threads on religion are about Islam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~scorpio~)
    100% troll don't fall for it guys
    ??? Get outta here, adults are discussing it anyway ok?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nucdev)
    :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I'm sorry, I CANNOT take you seriously if you think Zakir Naik is trustworthy and should be listened to! :rofl:
    Why tho?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boss_Rhythm)
    Do any of us Muslim's on TSR go 'It took you long enough' if someone where to leave Christianity? Judaism? Sikhism? Hinduism? etc.
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    Yes.
    Proof? And if so, then why would you fight fire with fire?

(Original post by sfaraj)
    do you really think all muslims around the world have rejoiced and are partying? no, the media doesn't show this but countless muslims have gone to remember those who died in orlando. if you look carefully you will spot them
    Because there are very few of them? :hmmmm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boss_Rhythm)
    tbh there has hardly been any threads on Christianity/Judaism/Hinduism, and I think if that was the case then yes, they will say that.
    As well as that, most of the people saying that are actually not religious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    tbh there has hardly been any threads on Christianity/Judaism/Hinduism, and I think if that was the case then yes, they will say that.
    As well as that, most of the people saying that are actually not religious.
    Still... I mean at least be considerate for the people that don't say these things.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 26, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.