2017 Uni of Bristol applicants mega-thread

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marion771)
    Which degree????
    Economics A*AA

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JP0458B)
    Economics A*AA

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats

btw when did u apply?

ReputationRep:
    Congrats

btw when did u apply?
    Thanks, I applied a week ago

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I just got a conditional offer for Economics and Politics ☺️ I applied this time last week... So relieved!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by returnmigrant)
    Bristol doesnt look at AS levels - for any course. Your GCSE grades and your predicted/achieved A level grades are more important (ie. what level are you working at now, not a year ago).

For the majority of courses, if you do not meet the minimum requirements then your application wont be considered. Remember that Bristol make 'contextual offers' to those applying from specific low performaing state schools - follow the link from the relevant course page to find this years list - and these will be at least one grade below the standard offer.

Also, some courses will make what are called 'aspirational offers' to people who are predicted one grade below the standard requirements (for applicants from all schools).You wont know which courses these are, so if you applying with one grade below its risky, but worth a shot (make sure your other choices are more realistic).

The alternative tactic of course is not to apply this year, to work your butt off (without the distraction of 'UCAS' and go for the best grades you can get, and apply with known grades next year for 2018 entry.

Hey, I applied for the Aerospace Engineering course. The contexual is AAA (Which my school falls in). I am predicted AAA. I applied, however my GCSE Grades were not strong. they were mostly Bs and a few As.

Will this restrict me alot :/ i really wanted Bristol to be my Firm. I believe i have a strong PS however for my course they dont consider it.

Its 20% GCSES 80% A levels.

Thanks,

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer for Economics and Finance (this was my last choice) for AAA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soooo0)
    Hi, it's great to finally find someone doing the same course!! I'm also applying to Durham, Southampton, York and De Montfort for Education Studies (Psychology)/ Psychology in Education/Education and Psychology. Where else are you applying?
    I'm applying to York for psychology in education, edge hill for educational psychology and UEA for developmental psychology. Not sure about my 5th choice yet 😬 When are you applying?

ReputationRep:
    Any CompSci applicants around who've received offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Someboady)
    Any CompSci applicants around who've received offers?
    I hope we will will get our offers soon.
    I applied for compsci as well when did u apply???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AOT)
    Just got an offer for Economics and Finance (this was my last choice) for AAA.
    What were ur predicted? And what were the entry requirements

ReputationRep:
    Finally got an acknowledgement email from Bristol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I hope we will will get our offers soon.
    I applied for compsci as well when did u apply???
    Applied on Tuesday, I received acknowledgment on Tuesday.

I expect mine will take slightly longer to process as I have further details and stuff but I hope I'll get an offer next week! how about you?

ReputationRep:

I expect mine will take slightly longer to process as I have further details and stuff but I hope I'll get an offer next week! how about you?
    I applied wednesday, got acknowledgement on wednesday. They dont reply on weekends right.

I think next week 100%

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

I applied on Tuesday as well, hopefully they dont have too many compsci applications to process so we can get our offers next week.

(Original post by mahmzo)
    I applied wednesday, got acknowledgement on wednesday. They dont reply on weekends right.

I think next week 100%

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah no offers during weekends. What did you apply for???

ReputationRep:
    I applied on Tuesday as well, hopefully they dont have too many compsci applications to process so we can get our offers next week.

yeah no offers during weekends. What did you apply for???
    Aerospace Engineering. I hope its not thag competitive this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahmzo)
    I think next week 100%
    Please remember that you could wait until MARCH for a decision....... and that it could be No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyJade1999)
    I'm applying to York for psychology in education, edge hill for educational psychology and UEA for developmental psychology. Not sure about my 5th choice yet 😬 When are you applying?
    I think my applications going to be finished by next week but I still need my references so might not be until November 😒

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soooo0)
    I think my applications going to be finished by next week but I still need my references so might not be until November 😒
    My school doesn't send our applications till December which worries me as there are only about 20 places on the course 😬

ReputationRep:
    Do any Law applicants know what the deal is with interviews? Does everyone get interviewed, or is it possible to get an offer without an interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LapizLazuliStar)
    Do any Law applicants know what the deal is with interviews? Does everyone get interviewed, or is it possible to get an offer without an interview?
    Only mature applicants get interviewed for Law. [And no offers will be made until LNAT essays are processed.]

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.