The Student Room Group

Petition calling for 2nd Referendum - and write to your MP

Scroll to see replies

So you want to have another referendum so you get the result you want? smfh...
Accept you lost and move on. The decision's been made; drop it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 161
Original post by TheWetNoodle
drop it.

Like the GBP.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's right - disregard the rest of my post and answer it with a joke. Ignorance at its best.
move on.

move on to fact that Britain IS ON THE VERGE OF SPLITTING UP!
Reply 164
That's right - disregard the rest of my post and answer it with a joke. Ignorance at its best.

Like you disregarded my post directly above yours.

There's nothing to say we can't have multiple referendums. And if you look at, for example, Ireland. That's exactly what happened.

Oh and if you think the £ falling is a joke, well...
(edited 7 years ago)
This is not how a democracy works. You can't just make another referendum simply because you didn't get your way. Pretty childish. We have to stand together and make this work.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jneill
Like you disregarded my post directly above yours.

There's nothing to say we can't have multiple referendums. And if you look at, for example, Ireland. That's exactly what happened.

I read that. I find that quite funny how if people have an opinion: stay or leave; why after voting multiple times would that change a person's opinion. If I were to vote tomorrow as I did on the 23rd, I'd vote the same thing. What difference would it make voting again?
Reply 167
I read that. I find that quite funny how if people have an opinion: stay or leave; why after voting multiple times would that change a person's opinion. If I were to vote tomorrow as I did on the 23rd, I'd vote the same thing. What difference would it make?

Because you would be voting with improved knowledge about the choice you are being asked to make, and possibly the terms of staying in/out the EU itself will have evolved.

There's not going to be a 2nd Ref anytime soon, that's clear.

But there could well be one in Scotland, and if so and they choose independence, AND the English/Welsh economy isn't doing quite so well, and immigration is still a "problem" and .... etc etc. Then maybe asking the question again in a year or 2 will yield a different answer.

This particular petition is a complete red herring. It's badly worded. It's after the fact. And it won't change anything. But it's a bit of fun for Remainers and re-thinking Leavers to sign it.

A 2nd referendum certainly isn't.
Petition calling for a second referendum :

'I don't like the result but let's keep asking the British people till we get the result we want'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Immaturity of some Bremainers at its finest. Leave won fairly and they cant just keep demanding referendums until they get the result they want.
Original post by the bear
we need a Hitler Reacts to Brexit video...

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/7w0BDO4fYEQ/maxresdefault.jpg

That would be the stuff of legend.
Original post by jneill
Because you would be voting with improved knowledge about the choice you are being asked to make, and possibly the terms of staying in/out the EU itself will have evolved.

There's not going to be a 2nd Ref anytime soon, that's clear.

But there could well be one in Scotland, and if so and they choose independence, AND the English/Welsh economy isn't doing quite so well, and immigration is still a "problem" and .... etc etc. Then maybe asking the question again in a year or 2 will yield a different answer.

This particular petition is a complete red herring. It's badly worded. It's after the fact. And it won't change anything. But it's a bit of fun for Remainers and re-thinking Leavers to sign it.

A 2nd referendum certainly isn't.

How much more "knowledge" would i be able to have - more propaganda from both sides of the argument? i don't see that as knowledge.
Immigration will always be a problem - people don't just come from the EU, but also from asia, the middle east too.
Reply 172
How much more "knowledge" would i be able to have - more propaganda from both sides of the argument? i don't see that as knowledge.
Immigration will always be a problem - people don't just come from the EU, but also from asia, the middle east too.

Indeed to paragraph 2.

And read the rest of my post - knowledge was just one aspect.
Original post by MrJAKEE
Petition calling for a second referendum :

'I don't like the result but let's keep asking the British people till we get the result we want'

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Immaturity of some Bremainers at its finest. Leave won fairly and they cant just keep demanding referendums until they get the result they want.

Very true - I don't see the need to complain about a decision which has been fairly been made with the whole of the UK. Nor request that that decision be proposed again in order for the "expected result". I even thought the UK would stay, but hey - leave majority won. GG lol.
(edited 7 years ago)

there is no 2nd referendum pal its in the contract. Its done
Very true - I don't see the need to complain about a decision which has been fairly been made with the whole of the UK. Nor request that that decision be proposed again in order for the "expected result". I even thought the UK would stay, but hey - majority won. GG lol.

Twitter has gone nuts with Brexit. The number of tweets that have called Brexiters racist is unbelievable.
Reply 176
Original post by junayd1998
there is no 2nd referendum pal its in the contract. Its done

Which contract pal?
Original post by jneill
Which contract pal?

The contract they sign its a legal binding document
If Remain won the referendum (with the same results, 58-42) and someone made a petition about how unfair it was, I bet you that will be sorted in an hour and people would just tell them to shut up and live with it because Leavers are racists and don't deserve to vote.

I'm sorry, the last time I heard the UK democratically made the decision to Leave the EU fair and square, it is therefore absurd that these ignorant, sore-loser Remainers can't even accept the fact that they have lost. It's over. If we have another referendum on this again it will only make our nation look out of control and heading towards third-world democracy.
Reply 179
Original post by junayd1998
The contract they sign its a legal binding document

Wot?

No legally binding contract has been signed by anyone, and the referendum is only advisory. Strictly speaking it has no legal standing at all.

By the way: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nigel-farage-wants-second-referendum-7985017

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending