Turn on thread page Beta

Remain are free to go and live in another EU country watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chakede)
    again you are talking on behalf of others like some idiot. does greece want to leave EU? does Spain? have they not accepted all the draconian financial measures just for the right to stay in, or did you miss all that?
    The Greeks and Spaniards haven't had the possibility to tell what they think in a referendum. The result could have been "Leave" as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJKL)
    Workers only have rights in a thriving economy, in one that is not thriving there are fewer workers. To have a thriving economy you need an environment where business feels welcome and confident of stability.

Your ideals are fine and noble but execution will be the tricky bit,
    Nothing worth having in life is easy. I'm up for the fight. I see leaving the EU as being only one battle. To win the war we'll need to get rid of the government in Westminster who continuously betray us, which will be harder than leaving the EU due to the historical and tribal nature of both Labour and Conservative voters, and we'll need to put in place a democratically elected set of politicians who can be brought to account when they do not fulfil the pledges made in their manifesto. We are making slow progress along a very bumpy road but we will eventually make it and whilst I may not enjoy the rewards of that, or even reach the destination in my lifetime, the future generations to come afterwards might, and that gives me hope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IFoundWonderland)
    Doctors have high salaries already? We're discussing doctors in particular here.
    In comparison to other parts of the world, doctors here are disgustingly underpaid. The same can be said across Europe. Most doctors are going to Australia, New Zealand or Canada. Others go to the USA to become private healthcare professionals whereby they can be paid a ridiculous amount, although I'd rather we didn't head down that route.

(Original post by Chakede)
    again you are talking on behalf of others like some idiot. does greece want to leave EU? does Spain? have they not accepted all the draconian financial measures just for the right to stay in, or did you miss all that?
    Greece and Spain were pretty much forced to comply and in return Germany has them by the balls. Its not hard to work out that in a world where money matters, if you are reliant on others, they pretty much have you by the balls economically. Spain and Greece cannot just withdraw now because it would leave them in a state of despair as neither are doing anywhere near as well as us. Furthermore, both countries have bought into the Euro and it is much harder to withdraw when that is the case.

Do the people want out? A large proportion of them do and a large proportion of Europeans all over are starting to see the world for what it is.

ReputationRep:
    The more liberals that leave the country the better, so I sincerely hope they leave and never come back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welshiee)
    Nothing worth having in life is easy. I'm up for the fight. I see leaving the EU as being only one battle. To win the war we'll need to get rid of the government in Westminster who continuously betray us, which will be harder than leaving the EU due to the historical and tribal nature of both Labour and Conservative voters, and we'll need to put in place a democratically elected set of politicians who can be brought to account when they do not fulfil the pledges made in their manifesto. We are making slow progress along a very bumpy road but we will eventually make it and whilst I may not enjoy the rewards of that, or even reach the destination in my lifetime, the future generations to come afterwards might, and that gives me hope.
    Do you want new elections?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Do you want new elections?
    Ideally, yes, but I don't think we will have them. I also think Labour will put a Blairite back in power which will make things 10 times worse as they are pro European pro corporate *******s as well. I want a left wing Labour leader who is a Eurosceptic but who has more charisma than Corbyn, as we'll need someone to work with the unions and the masses of people to rise against Westminster.

I still actually believe that Boris and co. will leave us in the EEA or we'll have an EFTA deal. They're Tories after all so why would they pull out of the common market when staying in means they can continue to exploit people? They will leave the EU and political integration but will still keep the common market and exploit people.

ReputationRep:
    Ideally, yes, but I don't think we will have them. I also think Labour will put a Blairite back in power which will make things 10 times worse as they are pro European pro corporate *******s as well. I want a left wing Labour leader who is a Eurosceptic but who has more charisma than Corbyn, as we'll need someone to work with the unions and the masses of people to rise against Westminster.

I still actually believe that Boris and co. will leave us in the EEA or we'll have an EFTA deal. They're Tories after all so why would they pull out of the common market when staying in means they can continue to exploit people? They will leave the EU and political integration but will still keep the common market and exploit people.
    But almost nobody supported Brexit among Labour MPs... It seems that they are losing their electorate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    But almost nobody supported Brexit among Labour MPs... It seems that they are losing their electorate.
    People have a distorted view of what Labour are. The Blairite faction of Labour were basically Tory-Lite and self serving elitists.

The working class people of this country are turning to UKIP because they want a voice and the Labour Blairites wont give them one. The moment Corbyn got in they wanted him out and they still are trying to force him out now. Unless Labour returns to its working class roots, gives people their voice back and works with the unions against the evil corporate machine, it will DIE.

ReputationRep:
    People have a distorted view of what Labour are. The Blairite faction of Labour were basically Tory-Lite and self serving elitists.

The working class people of this country are turning to UKIP because they want a voice and the Labour Blairites wont give them one. The moment Corbyn got in they wanted him out and they still are trying to force him out now. Unless Labour returns to its working class roots, gives people their voice back and works with the unions against the evil corporate machine, it will DIE.
    I mean even Corbyn supported Remain. I can't see how you can apply your plan when the overwhelming majority of Labour MPs remain pro-EU, not just the Blairites.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Withengar)
    Don't worry - a lot of competent, young, sensible, intelligent people will leave. Which leaves you with what? An ageing, prejudiced and increasingly impoverished population.

Funny how you only mention the issues of the countries of the EU and don't mention those that are doing far better then you are - France, Germany, Denmark, the Nederlands and so on. Cognitive bias at its best (or worst?). You don't mention France's healthcare system, which makes the NHS look like a joke and which is the best in the world. You don't mention Germany's lead in all major categories - from the rights of women and minorities to the standard of living and free university education. You don't mention it because it will make the horror of your impending isolation and decline all the more real. It will make your own cognitive dissonance turn against you.

In the end, quite ironically, Britain was not devastated by Napoleon's Grand Armee, Kaiser's U-Boats or Hitler's Heinkels and Dorniers. It was devastated by empty, senseless, dangerous jump into the abyss it will never be able to recover from.
    Germany has always had a good economy, etc, but it would be better without the EU

ReputationRep:

In an ideal world but that brand of Labour can't win an election. They were successful when using the profits of rampant Capitalism to fund Social Democratic policies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    I mean even Corbyn supported Remain. I can't see how you can apply your plan when the overwhelming majority of Labour MPs remain pro-EU, not just the Blairites.
    Corbyn did that to avoid being done in a coup. He changed his viewpoint to appease those behind him, which is why he hardly campaigned for remain and championed them. Deep down, he wanted the UK out but couldn't stand on that platform as Blairite Labour politicians would have used that as an opportunity to seek back control of the party. Anyone who thinks Corbyn really wanted to remain is wrong. It was just a clever move to avoid the situation that happened with the Tories. Imagine if he had championed to leave, and remain had won. He'd have had to step down like Cameron has done in the opposite scenario.

The only good thing is the trade unions are supporting Corbyn so he might just survive all of the problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    In an ideal world but that brand of Labour can't win an election. They were successful when using the profits of rampant Capitalism to fund Social Democratic policies.
    It can with the backing of trade unions and whilst the Tory party is in complete disarray.

ReputationRep:
    It can with the backing of trade unions and whilst the Tory party is in complete disarray.
    The problem is that you need build bridges to win and Corbyn only preaches to the converted.

I think Dan Jarvis would be he best choice to get cross party appeal, the fact that he's ex-army kicks the whole "unpatriotic lefties" thing into touch.

ReputationRep:
    "I didnt get the result i want, so i want to redo it until i get what i wanted. When I do get it, we can then start the game. And if you dont give me what i want, my friends and i will not be friends with you and break off to play with someone else. "

This just shows how self centered and childish some peoples behaviour are.

I london and scotland wants to threaten the rest of the uk with this behaviour l would happy br the first to give it to them. Lets see if they have the guts to do it or if their threats are a bit of hot air. The rest of the uk can plan to rebuild back our country with industries and innovation so we can become great britian once again.

ReputationRep:
    Why are people still crying about it seriously. Im not a leaver but theres no going back on it and no amount of crying is going to change anything. We should take Camerons advice and improve our focus on moving ahead from this instead of looking back at what should've happened or why it shouldnt have happened/

If you dont want to help britain improve then you can leave if the vote has hurt you so much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsphysics91)
    As they want another referendum after losing a democratic election fairly they can move to an undemocratic country like Syria
    Syria? Can you really not think of a better example like Saudi Arabia, perhaps?

If Assad went then ISIS will take in charge. He held elections and won last year. So most people in Syria are happier for him to run.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.