Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

People who voted remain who aren't being dramatic and ridiculous post Brexit decision Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cecily Neville)
    Yeah sorry I phrased that badly :laugh:

But I mean I think the 2015 GE showed us that democracy quite often gets it very, very wrong. But I wouldn't have it any other way even if I do have to live under a Tory government.
    The reality is, there's no such thing as democracy, merely differing types and levels of democracy- some of which are legitimate- western liberal democracy e.g France and some of which aren't - eg Russia

my ideal form of government is a mixed one- which the EU, US and the UK can be seen as embodying in some way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Halmot)
    I am SOOOOOOO glad i found this thread...

I voted leave myself and have been subjected to a constant barrage of name calling and doomsday foretelling.
    This truly restores a shred of hope i have that this country isn't going to be torn apart by itself.

Thank you!!!
    awww no worries...we are not defined by what we voted and I'm appalled that many seem to think we are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welshiee)
    What a daft comment :rofl:
    Loooool.

I know.

Yet you can't even make a coherent rebuttal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)
    I actually think it's a good thing too, albeit for different reasons. Mainly:

First: the brexiters will be held to account. David Cameron in resigning has left a poisoned chalice in terms of declaring article 50 for Boris. Look at Boris, he knows he ****ed up.

Secondly: when we rejoin the EU, it will be as a fully integrated member, euro and all, and thus in the long term be better for Britain, Europe and the world.
    You're sick, and you disgust me with all your nonsense of advocating a one world government.

I don't think I've ever truly been that disgusted by a remainer on this forum.

Get lost, 'cos you're likely to cause me to have a stroke at this rate.

(And the idea of a one world government is deplorable.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    You're sick, and you disgust me with all your nonsense of advocating a one world government.

I don't think I've ever truly been that disgusted by a remainer on this forum.

Get lost, 'cos you're likely to cause me to have a stroke at this rate.

(And the idea of a one world government is deplorable.)
    Dude, you seemed pretty down to earth and reasonable as a Leave supporter in the other threads have you had a personality transplant?

ReputationRep:
    I stopped debating you. I just added you to my idiot list and was done with it

Now go and enjoy playing doctor before Mr Hunt makes you redundant.
    .....Stopped debating me and yet you keep on replying to me.

Don't get jealous because I am a Doctor. You seemed a bit obsessed by the subject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DorianGrayism)
    .....Stopped debating me and yet you keep on replying to me.
    Difference between a response and partaking in a debate.

Don't get jealous because I am a Doctor. You seemed a bit obsessed by the subject.
    I think you are your own subject to be honest. A peculiar species indeed.

I couldn't care less that you're a doctor. I don't really hold them in any high esteem in terms of professional status.

ReputationRep:
    Difference between a response and partaking in a debate. .
    hahaha....so, you are just obsessed with me in general then.

I think you are your own subject to be honest. A peculiar species indeed.

I couldn't care less that you're a doctor. I don't really hold them in any high esteem in terms of professional status.
    You couldn't care less and you keep on mentioning it.

ReputationRep:
    hahaha....so, you are just obsessed with me in general then.
    Not really. I am just exposing you for what you are. If only you knew the truth................

You couldn't care less and you keep on mentioning it.
    No I don't. Yet another lie from you.

ReputationRep:
    Not really. I am just exposing you for what you are. If only you knew the truth................

No I don't. Yet another lie from you.
    Hahaha. AKA I am obsessed.

Don't even work in the UK, so that is another fail from you. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Don't even work in the UK, so that is another fail from you. :laugh:
    I know you don't. I know who you are.

You're just not getting it are you.........

ReputationRep:
    I know you don't. I know who you are.

You're just not getting it are you.........
    looool.

So you are an obsessed stalker. Thanks for letting me know.

ReputationRep:
    I am your biological father.
    His mum's husband won't like that one :sly:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gora The Xplorer)
    His mum's husband won't like that one :sly:
    I am also your father.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cecily Neville)
    but do you understand that X money goes into the EU so we can receive Y money back. Without X going in it can be redirected internally? Is this just something that seems to escape people?

The EU doesn't give us the money for free :rofl:
    You think our economy will be in a stable enough position to redistribute that money across all of the public sectors including funding the universities, to the same extent it has been?

That money we will save by leaving the EU will be used to fill the gap that we currently recieve from the EU in terms of our farming industry, grants to small businesses, helping the poorest regions in our country, international aid, education etc etc.

The fact that you haven't seemed to realised that we actually recieve money from the EU that is actually used in vital sectors and services within our country is concerning.

ReputationRep:
    I am also your father.
    You can **** right off, I'm the Daddy in this relationship. :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 99_Problems)
    Dude, you seemed pretty down to earth and reasonable as a Leave supporter in the other threads have you had a personality transplant?
    The thing is, like with any other type of debate, when it goes on long enough you get swept up with the aggression, and all the vile things I've seen previously pleasant people call leavers was just the icing on the top.

And I genuinely hate and deplore the idea of a one world government; there's a balance.

I'm sure a lot of it would have been the same had it been the reverse, but it's not.

ReputationRep:
    You can **** right off, I'm the Daddy in this relationship. :pierre:
    hey, its me, ur father :cool:

ReputationRep:
    hey, its me, ur father :cool:
    Then buy me an icecream

and a car for that matter

ReputationRep:
    Then buy me an icecream

and a car for that matter
    I will once the pound's value rises again. Cant buy them German motors at the moment as they're too expensive.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.