Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

People who claim Brexiters are less intelligent than Bremainers... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Gaben)
    No one's allowed to work for £3 an hour. It's against the law.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sorry13)
    brexit don't even have a f*cking exit plan
    and yet somehow leavers feel somewhat ingratiated by the sheer disorganisation of their decision
    p.s. you can use adverbs in the context of my sentence, if you knew who i was under my pseudonym you'd think twice about your crude words
    and i'm not 7, i just happen to be part of the demographic that feels unwanted and ostracised from UK society since the outcome of this referendum was revealed

and when it is further cemented by 55+ voters saying "get the muslims out" on Channel 4 news, it's hard not to believe that we live in an inherently racist country
    here's why people are uneducated, if you're leaving because of immigration, let me tell you now, they won't fix it, immigration will continue.
    if you're complaining about the finances, blame the Tory government in power that we voted in democratically, that made cuts to education, the disabled, the NHS, and beyond.

please don't bloody patronise me on Student Room, it was the wrong vote, watch everybody suffer as a consequence of leaving the EU. watch it happen.
    as for my grammar, i'm feeling pretty lazy

I could speak like this, with capital letters in all the right places, with all the correction punctuation. But you know what, I can't be bothered.

fk u m8 where mi fukkin ciggies im so uneduqqated yh xxxx

I am largely in agreement with your sentiment and understand how you feel. But I specifically wanted to make a point about your 55+ man saying Muslims out.

I have no doubt that a very significant percentage of the population would love to ban the immigration of Muslims. I have come to this conclusion from reading 1000s of comments by intelligent people on the Times website over the last 4 years or so.They are completely upfront about it.

But what I'm not clear about is whether you are saying it's the wrong vote because it panders to these people or because these people voted out for the wrong reasons.

The fact is that immigration played a large part in the outcome and people who have had enough of uncontrolled immigration include the intelligent. The thing is however, to win the vote they needed large numbers of the less intelligent to vote the same way.
    If you are an unintelligent person living in a northern town that has been changed by immigration beyond recognition you were perfectly entitled -indeed almost obliged I dare say,,to vote leave in the referendum.

It was either that or trust Westminster MPs to keep their promises.

ReputationRep:
    It's really insufferable Brarrogance -- very often by complete Bridiots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moggis)
    Yeah,they overlook the fact that you might just be racist.
    You got me there mate, I'm totally racist :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samiz)
    I'm predicted A*A*A, have an unconditional for a top 20 uni in September and voted leave. What is wrong with me!?!?!?!?!?
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    I got 4 A*s at A level and voted leave
    Bit of a brag but I am sick of people trying to insinuate I must be stupid by extension..
    (Original post by AverageExcellence)
    I got 3 As at A level, 2.1 From top 10 university and a Masters from a Top 5 university, i voted leave. Again this isn't a circle jerk but the insinuation that somebody who has mindlessly read the guardian and believes they must be more intelligent than their leave counterpart is mistaken.
    As if that makes you all intelligent. Oh students..

Warwick mathematician here (a genius according to your criteria), voted remain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melancholic Mill)

I am also Warwick maths..
    To be honest I think something like A levels is fairly poor criteria to base things on and perhaps I should not have used it to claim lack of stupidity, but then a lot of the reasoning behind people saying brexiters are stupid is based on academics - i.e., having or not having a degree - so I'm using academics to deflect that.

ReputationRep:

Nobody cares where you personally went to university.

The point is that many of the people who are harping on about the 'ignorant' leave voters are totally unreflective dipshits who voted Remain because some hack in The Independent told them it was the 'friendly' option. Having wasted three years on a 2.2 degree in Tourism Studies does not make this person's opinion any more valid.

ReputationRep:
    Before the referendum, George Osbourne said that there will be a economic loss after a brexit win.

......George Osbourne has just announced that UK is in a state of strength.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richpanda)
    Lastly, the idea that Leave voters aren't just uneducated in general, but are also uneducated on the referendum. Because surely if they were educated, they'd vote remain, right? Right?.
    I'm sorry, but it's a hard fact that the British public were hilarious misinformed about so many aspects of the EU (all reflecting negatively on the EU, of course). This is in addition to the fact that the British public overestimate the levels of immigration, levels of benefits fraud and levels of foreign aid spending.

It's also a fact that Green supporters, followed by Liberal Democrats, have the highest IQs. These parties are the most pro-EU parties out there. UKIP supporters have lower IQs than both Labour and Conservative supporters, whilst BNP supporters have even lower IQs than UKIP supporters.

These are all averages, of course: there are ignorant Remain supporters and informed Brexit supporters. But, overall, Remain voters are more intelligent, more educated and more informed.

(Original post by Naveed-7)
    Before the referendum, George Osbourne said that there will be a economic loss after a brexit win.

......George Osbourne has just announced that UK is in a state of strength.
    No, he said that he still believes that what he said during the campaign is true, but that the UK is in its strongest position possible to deal with the difficulties ahead.

ReputationRep:
    People who post "I've 5 As and voted leave" aren't even thinking, they're just typing stuff. Nobody said that everyone who voted for Leave is an uneducated drone. But you're in the minority if you voted for Leave and have a uni education. Fact.

Second, the examples in the OP are amusingly biased. You take the worst case of a uni graduate and compare it with among the best cases of a high school graduate (or droupout, I don't know which).

Clearly, such threads are meant to stroke people's egos not to arrive at any helpful or enlightening conclusion. The fact is that there's a strong correlation between age, education, income, and class and how you voted in the ref. That doesn't say much when we get down to individuals nor does it say much about intelligence.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    You usually start with 'people with a university degree are more likely to vote remain'. This is 2016. Anyone who can get 2 D grades at A level can get in to some university, albeit not often a quality university.

Let's take Kerry and James. Kerry is 22, and has just received her 2.2 in American Studies from the University of Wolverhampton. She voted remain because she wants to 'experience life' in Europe, and being in the EU will mean that she won't have to apply for a visa or pay roaming charges when she's on holiday before returning to work in a call centre.

I genuienly think most exiters couldn't get into wolverhampton in the first place.

How dumb do you have to be to choose to go into futute recession.

Is it a surprise to anyone that people with degrees, politicians or economists were more likely to vote remain than the xenophobic TSR population and north of England?

Lastly, the idea that Leave voters aren't just uneducated in general, but are also uneducated on the referendum. Because surely if they were educated, they'd vote remain, right? Right?..
    YES. That's the point people are making. EVERY SINGLE POLL is showing that as a majority, the more educated people are more likely to vote remain. Which isn't a surpirse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sisuphos)
    People who post "I've 5 As and voted leave" aren't even thinking, they're just typing stuff. Nobody said that everyone who voted for Leave is an uneducated drone. But you're in the minority if you voted for Leave and have a uni education. Fact.

Second, the examples in the OP are amusingly biased. You take the worst case of a uni graduate and compare it with among the best cases of a high school graduate (or droupout, I don't know which).

Clearly, such threads are meant to stroke people's egos not to arrive at any helpful or enlightening conclusion. The fact is that there's a strong correlation between age, education, income, and class and how you voted in the ref. That doesn't say much when we get down to individuals nor does it say much about intelligence.
    Yes I will admit my post and those of others are unnecessary. I guess I'm just annoyed by equally unhelpful insinuations. I don't mind an honest evaluation and analysis of the facts but often people just use them to vindicate their inane vitriol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AverageExcellence)
    I got 3 As at A level, 2.1 From top 10 university and a Masters from a Top 5 university, i voted leave. Again this isn't a circle jerk but the insinuation that somebody who has mindlessly read the guardian and believes they must be more intelligent than their leave counterpart is mistaken.
    I got 4 A*s at A level and voted leaveBit of a brag but I am sick of people trying to insinuate I must be stupid by extension..
    (Original post by Samiz)
    I'm predicted A*A*A, have an unconditional for a top 20 uni in September and voted leave. What is wrong with me!?!?!?!?!?
    Well clearly these are untrue. Why? Because if you guys were really as intelligent as you claim, you'd understand that personal anecdotes mean absolutely nothing in the face of a statistic. No one cares about how many A's you apparently got. The issue is that as a vast majority according to every poll published in papers, more educated people are much more likely to vote remain. There's no point debating about it. You can debate about "why". But it doesn't change the fact that it's true. And that being true seems to have made the OP of this thread very salty. He may not be dumb (his biased arguments are though), but a lot of you guys are clearly uneducated.

But that's not the same as saying "no one intelligent voted leave". Seeing as you couldn't even wrap your head around a concept that simple, I'm going to have to call bs on some of your A*'s. In fact I'm willing to bet at least 2 out of 3 of you are lying.

I hope I don't need to think an analogy to help you guys understand how dumb you all sound lol.

The fact that michael gove himself has said the british public are tired of listening to expert opinions just sums up the mentality of most leavers.

"I've been informed enough (through lies I might add. E.g £350mil to the NHS) I just want independence and to get immigrants out my country. These so called experts on the topic are lying!"- half of my facebook friendslist.

Ironically they were all in low sets in school with the exception of 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucabrasi98)
    Well clearly these are untrue. Why? Because if you guys were really as intelligent as you claim, you'd understand that personal anecdotes mean absolutely nothing in the face of a statistic. No one cares about how many A's you apparently got. The issue is that as a vast majority according to every poll I've seen, more educated people are much more likely to vote remain. There's no point debating about it. You can debate about "why". But it doesn't change the fact that it's true. And that being true seems to have made the OP of this thread very salty. He may not be dumb (his biased arguments are though), but a lot of you guys are clearly uneducated.

But that's not the same as saying "no one intelligent voted leave". Seeing as you couldn't even wrap your head around a concept that simple, I'm going to have to call bs on some of your A*'s. In fact I'm willing to bet at least 2 out of 3 of you are lying.

I hope I don't need to think an analogy to help you guys understand how dumb you all sound lol
    For some clarification I have edited my post. You have misread my intentions, which were apparently not easy to read given the limited nature of my post.

ReputationRep:

About as intelligent as you. And congratulations. That wasn't the point OP was making.

ReputationRep:
    No-one said all brexiters were stupid.

The fact is that the average brexiter is far less educated than the average remainer. Of course there are exceptions, but overall the trend is very clear.

So the claim that Brexiters are less intelligent than Bremainers holds true in general, no number of single comparisons will change that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    Nobody cares where you personally went to university.

The point is that many of the people who are harping on about the 'ignorant' leave voters are totally unreflective dipshits who voted Remain because some hack in The Independent told them it was the 'friendly' option. Having wasted three years on a 2.2 degree in Tourism Studies does not make this person's opinion any more valid.
    This is the same point I was making; people started to brag about their A level results and university offers as the basis upon which their leave vote was valid and was an 'intelligent one'.

ReputationRep:

we're not claiming to be holier than thou, but not all leave voters are sun reading, beer swilling louts who don't have 2 GCSEs to rub together

ReputationRep:
    You got me there mate, I'm totally racist :rolleyes:
    When in doubt pull the race card, works every time!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.