jesuss

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Applepiex3)
    The human evolution is controversial. If that is the case then why didn't all the primates evolve into Humans?

If the split occurred 6 million years ago, surely that was enough time for those other primates to evolve into Homo sapiens.

With advancement of research for last couple of centuries, there must have at least been some account of slight variations within our genes to classify us as different species. However, there isn't.

Evolution takes millions of years yet no Human has lived millions of years to see that happen. Therefore Evolution is just a theory.
    Why didn't primates evolve into humans? Different habitats and sheer chance. There's no 'final form' for evolution, there's no set path.

Evolution is just a theory, but it's a theory with far more evidence than intelligent design.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mactotaur)
    Why didn't primates evolve into humans? Different habitats and sheer chance. There's no 'final form' for evolution, there's no set path.

Evolution is just a theory, but it's a theory with far more evidence than intelligent design.
    Chance and habitat? A mere climate change cannot be responsible for creating Humans. All that would result in would be different species; different species of primates.

I can accept some aspects of Evolution with the mutation and survival of the fittest gradually over time, I also accept species evolving to fit their habitat. However, I can't accept us evolving from chimpanzees.

The new Homo Sapiens are far more intelligent species and there is no evidence to suggest intelligence comes from mutations.

ReputationRep:
    Chance and habitat? A mere climate change cannot be responsible for creating Humans. All that would result in would be different species; different species of primates.

I can accept some aspects of Evolution with the mutation and survival of the fittest gradually over time, I also accept species evolving to fit their habitat. However, I can't accept us evolving from chimpanzees.

The new Homo Sapiens are far more intelligent species and there is no evidence to suggest intelligence comes from mutations.
    Are you being intentionally obtuse? We didn't evolve from chimps. We evolved from a common ancestor.

Of course there is! Do you think our brains were this size when we were marine creatures? Of course not. We've sacrificed strength and speed for brains and opposable thumbs. In fact, it's probably the latter that made us the dominant species as we could use tools.

ReputationRep:
    Are you being intentionally obtuse? We didn't evolve from chimps. We evolved from a common ancestor.

Of course there is! Do you think our brains were this size when we were marine creatures? Of course not. We've sacrificed strength and speed for brains and opposable thumbs. In fact, it's probably the latter that made us the dominant species as we could use tools.
    We evolved from Pliopithecus, similar to the modern spider monkey.

You cannot gain intelligence from a mutation and there is little evidence for it being genetic. Meaning there was no way for us to be passed on knowledge apart from learning. The ability to learn is found in all species even the primates we see today however they show no sign of being able to evolve into Homo Sapiens.

ReputationRep:
    We evolved from Pliopithecus, similar to the modern spider monkey.

You cannot gain intelligence from a mutation and there is little evidence for it being genetic. Meaning there was no way for us to be passed on knowledge apart from learning. The ability to learn is found in all species even the primates we see today however they show no sign of being able to evolve into Homo Sapiens.
    You can gain the capacity for intelligence from mutations. Look at a cat and then at us, consider brain size, and consider which species is more intelligent.

Primates won't evolve into us, because they're in different conditions to us. Also, no sign of being able to evolve? You have to be in the wild for evolution to work, and again you seem to forget the sheer time scale it takes.

ReputationRep:
    You can gain the capacity for intelligence from mutations. Look at a cat and then at us, consider brain size, and consider which species is more intelligent.

Primates won't evolve into us, because they're in different conditions to us. Also, no sign of being able to evolve? You have to be in the wild for evolution to work, and again you seem to forget the sheer time scale it takes.
    It's tempting to link brain size with intelligence, concluded from the theory of Evolution. Anthropologists use the interior volume of a skull and compare it with the body size, known as encephalization quotients.

In reality we have no way to measure intelligence because what does intelligence even define? A cat being able to map the city of London and know every road or a Human's ability to revise from a textbook.

Just because we share homologous DNA doesn't mean we are the same because everything on earth shares similar DNA. Last time I checked, my uncle wasn't a tree. Why can't we take in the possibility that there were several entities which were able to evolve into different species. Rather than all animals from one ancestor. Even so, where did that one ancestor come from? The sea? Where did the sea come from? The hydrogen molecules condensing with the oxygen molecules? How did that happen? The high temperature and pressure? Where did that come from? The earth? How did the earth form? Cloud of dust and gas? Where did that come from? Space? How did this vacuum form? Happened by chance? Happened by chance, I see.

You're not understanding me here. The whole point of me asking you to create an artificial human being without any human host/ genetic engineering or cloning is because it can't be done. Evolution is still a theory and yet to be proven.

ReputationRep:

You're not understanding me here. The whole point of me asking you to create an artificial human being without any human host/ genetic engineering or cloning is because it can't be done. Evolution is still a theory and yet to be proven.
    Define artificial. If you want me to create an 'artificial' human being, we can create incredibly lifelike androids now, with AIs approaching lifelike levels.

ReputationRep:
    Define artificial. If you want me to create an 'artificial' human being, we can create incredibly lifelike androids now, with AIs approaching lifelike levels.
    Not using computers and robots since that is using artificial intelligence.

What I was asking for was a close replica to model evolution. An artificial human being would be the final product.Thus proving Evolution however no one has really been able to do that (even with the technology we have today) making evolution a mere theory.

ReputationRep:
    Not using computers and robots since that is using artificial intelligence.

What I was asking for was a close replica to model evolution. An artificial human being would be the final product.Thus proving Evolution however no one has really been able to do that (even with the technology we have today) making evolution a mere theory.
    We don't have the time to carry out such an experiment, seeing as each trial would take millions of years.

ReputationRep:
    We don't have the time to carry out such an experiment, seeing as each trial would take millions of years.
    If we were to place the molecules in a vacuum and somehow speed up the process of "time" then it would show results of how those molecules do not suddenly turn into animals in an empty space since that was the atmosphere earth was in back then.

ReputationRep:
    If we were to place the molecules in a vacuum and somehow speed up the process of "time" then it would show results of how those molecules do not suddenly turn into animals in an empty space since that was the atmosphere earth was in back then.
    Life's beginning - as in how particles became cells, and so on - is debated. One of the major theories is volcanic lightning interacting with naturally occurring amino acids.

ReputationRep:
    Life's beginning - as in how particles became cells, and so on - is debated. One of the major theories is volcanic lightning interacting with naturally occurring amino acids.
    Yet those amino acids are still found in our natural environment to this day; I don't see that algae evolving into a fish or even genetically being close to a fish.

ReputationRep:
    That's how it happened, over a very long period of time. Do you understand how evolution works? There's no intelligent design, it's essentially random mutations, some of which enable the species to survive, and over time the whole species has that trait as those which don't die out.
    That's what you think!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    That's what you think!
    That's the current most subscribed-to scientific theory.

ReputationRep:
    That's the current most subscribed-to scientific theory.
    only amongst some subcultures/ habitus

ReputationRep:
    Yet those amino acids are still found in our natural environment to this day; I don't see that algae evolving into a fish or even genetically being close to a fish.
    evolution is a mere theory, the lord jesus created everything just like that, perfect before Adam was fallen. then god put a curse on everything he created because of the sin. and everything was changed but the lord will restore everything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ordo)
    Just wondering if you are Christian but what group are you in like catholic, protestant or orthodox? Thanks
    iam from the virgin wise house a free chritian church online

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XOR_)
    Give it a rest.
    can one escape who does these things, can he break the treaty and yet escape? it is the oath of the lord he despised, surely he shall not escape. that by keeping his covenant you might stand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keepyy)
    can one escape who does these things, can he break the treaty and yet escape? it is the oath of the lord he despised, surely he shall not escape. that by keeping his covenant you might stand.
    Just.. give it rest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123teddy)
    jesus is god
    this proverb shall no more be used, the parents ate the sour grapes and the teeth of the children are set on edge. instead as surely as iam the living god, says the sovereign lord, the one who sins is the one who will die. it is for your own sins that you will die. your son is just and he shall surely live. such a man carefully keeps my laws, who lives by my rules, who does not lift up his soul to idols, the good man who is single does not have sex,

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.