Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Black lives matter protest in London Watch

ReputationRep:
    I think the problem is that people are looking at it from a racial perspective, whereas it's more of a class issue. The US police kill a disproportionately high amount of black people because black people make up the majority of the lowest class in the US.
    Many black Americans are the descendants of slaves and live in ghettos, so it's no surprise that they still make up so much of the lower class.
    Police kill the poorest black people and the poorest white people, they kill the homeless, the drug addicted and the mentally ill; the only difference is that when a white heroine addicted redneck gets shot, there's no international uproar.

Looking at these problems from a racial perspective is in itself racist and reactionary and creates racial tension. This isn't a matter of race, but a matter of class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    If you want the reason for why it was 4 shots go read up on why in most situations one shot means that the danger leading to the first shot is still present.

In most situations including black people it is true and there are white people who are shot in similar circumstances, I agree there are problems with the US police but I honestly don't think it is a racially issue 99% of the time but an issue of the police being inadequately trained to actually deal with people so they fall back on what they are trained to do which is shoot, one of the reasons we don't have that here is because we realised that you can police people better by having closer ties to it.

The no sympathy thing I would say is down to shock of actually shooting and once again they aren't adequately trained for dealing with people.
    Perhaps it's time we intervene and show them how it's done, they're always comparing int. police to ours, whether it be how they're not racist, their efforts, their strengths, their braveness or their intelligence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Novascope)
    Guess British people were just "jumping on the bandwagon" for Orlando and Paris huh?
    By doing what, exactly? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Roast)
    Not sure if serious.
    Very. I think that a few more officers have to die before we are taken seriously.
    NOTE: I AM NOT ENCOURAGING ANYONE TO KILL/INJURE POLICE OFFICERS

ReputationRep:
    Racism against minorities in this country is still a huge problem. But the moment BLACK people want to protest, THEY'RE the ones causing a racial divide?

Lmfao give me a break.
    I would say demanding racial segregation is creating a divide

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    Well as I have stated numerous times I still don't agree with the racial divide BLM is actually expanding and not erasing like they claim to want to do.
    What racial divide?

ReputationRep:
    Racism against minorities in this country is still a huge problem. But the moment BLACK people want to protest, THEY'RE the ones causing a racial divide?

Lmfao give me a break.
    How is it a huge problem?

You could always go back to the Caribbean or Africa if it's such a big problem.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.