The Student Room Group

How often do you view the Islamic Society?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zamestaneh
Not as much as him being mentally/emotionally challenged did.

People who are "mentally/emotionally challenged" do not go into a gay club and specifically kill many gay people. This attack was clearly influenced by a homophobic mentality.

It is an invalid interpretation as it is not academically and accurately portraying their intended meaning. You are as intellectually disingenuous as terrorists; your only redeeming feature is that you have not killed any innocent people.

You have far more in common with terrorists in terms of how you derive your ideology. And before you misread that and claim I am calling you a terrorist, I am not. I am talking about who you 'derive' your ideology. The basis of their ideology is the rejection of all alternative interpretations and a perception that only they have the one true correct interpretation of Islam.

And the moderation team listened to a report made by one of your colleagues on a video in the ISOC explaining the merits of hijab as being sexist and offensive - they try to do their best but their assessment is limited to the picture one paints for them.

The moderation team were correct in how they dealt with that video. The guy in question said from about 2:40 onwards: "In the west… the type of manners which they have… even animals have modesty compared to them." How is comparing western people to animals an acceptable point? Such a degradation of humans is unacceptable. It is this fundamental degradation of other humans that allows terrorism to occur.

[video="youtube;f6PkQUdb8eo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6PkQUdb8eo[/video]

It is not bigoted since we have firm justification for our views

That is the same logic racists use. Your pitiful attempts at making justifications do not make sectarianism within the I-Soc acceptable.

The ISOC is against sectarian posts in the way you mean it (bigoted sectarianism), but sectarianism is the nature of every single Sunni and Shia post as they relate to their particular sect. In a non-sectarian society, the only thing that can be done is to combat the bigotry; justifiable differences and recognition of that does not equate to being bigoted.

But no effort has been made to combat it really. The sectarianism continues and you refuse to edit the OP. You also continue to promote sectarianism...

You are waving around the label 'sectarian' to validate your criticism of the ISOC with the implication that they are bigoted, so you are attacking our characters.

Nope, the issue in the I-Soc is primarily with certain members. But the Society as a whole has made no attempt to change the OP and therefore is failing to take a stance and show it is against sectarianism. A simple edit is all that would be required. I am merely asking for I-Soc to take a stand and show that it does not support sectarianism and is better than that. All the I-Soc needs to do is edit the OP and the I-Soc will prove that they do care and do consider it a serious issue that it does not support.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by IdeasForLife
Not true bro. We simply oppose adding material to the OP which we believe may lead to wrong. We'd probably do the same with many sunni styled groups as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry brother. I did not learn about all the different sects when I was growing up. I thought it was Sunni and Shia. I am trying to learn. What are the sects that have strayed from the true path and how wrong are they.
Original post by guided1
Sorry brother. I did not learn about all the different sects when I was growing up. I thought it was Sunni and Shia. I am trying to learn. What are the sects that have strayed from the true path and how wrong are they.

There is Sunni and Shia, but IdeasForLife was referring to some Sunni subsects.
Save the second part of your post for a different thread because this isn't the time or place to critically appraise specific sects and subsects in detail.
Apologies for the late replies. :hat2:

Original post by champ_mc99
It's nice but awkward too. As if I should tip-toe around it. :ninja:

Of course. Wouldn't want to get too chummy with the non-Muslims, eh? :wink:

At least it's defeated some of the 'in-the-closet bigot' conspiraces I had about 'some' people. :colone:

You calling Planta a bigot? :hmmm:

Original post by h333
Not fun for me, I am like more serious with conveying my message.

Fair enough. :smile: I find arguing enjoyable most of the time, though. xD

Yeah but honestly, you were very stubborn with your debates I remember. :tongue:

I was? I guess that's true to some extent, though I like to think I'm fairly nonpartisan/objective (or, at least, more so than the average person). :tongue:

My very first post, which was meant to be positive but on a thread about Islam was also challenged loool by non-Muslims (more so atheists I believe).

I vaguely remember that. I shall have to look to see what it was you'd said. :holmes:

That time I had no idea of tsr that much (was only my second thread I think I posted on) with having users like you and others I won't name lurking around. :redface:

Any chance that's meant to be a compliment? :laugh:

Hmm yeah maybe so but hey where there is love and care, there will be arguments. :u:

True, though in a slightly different context. :yep:

Original post by Leukocyte
Lol just because I disagree on some points with him + others, it doesn't automatically assume I will not get along with them.

I know, which is why I said 'on a thread like this' - in the context of the fights on this thread. :smile:
Reply 164
Original post by Hydeman
Apologies for the late replies. :hat2:

Of course. Wouldn't want to get too chummy with the non-Muslims, eh? :wink:

You calling Planta a bigot? :hmmm:

Fair enough. :smile: I find arguing enjoyable most of the time, though. xD

I was? I guess that's true to some extent, though I like to think I'm fairly nonpartisan/objective (or, at least, more so than the average person). :tongue:

I vaguely remember that. I shall have to look to see what it was you'd said. :holmes:

Any chance that's meant to be a compliment? :laugh:

True, though in a slightly different context. :yep:

I know, which is why I said 'on a thread like this' - in the context of the fights on this thread. :smile:

My notifications are not even working properly so never mind.

No worries let bygones be bygones. To others it may not have appeared as offensive or hurtful but to me it was at times, may be because I did not expect it (new poster lol).
I probably also made many mistakes so may Allah forgive me for that. Important thing is for one not to have the pride, ego and arrogance to claim they are better than others openly with the purpose to belittle them.

Dream on dude, that was not a compliment. Although, it can be a useful skill. :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending