Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotAboutLies)
    It is. Like the guy has no proof the Trapz user is white, yet made such a stupid comment.
    kind of like how you assumed the shooter is muslim without having any proof.. or if you didn't get that sarcasm then you're either trolling or just genuinely very thick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atlas Thugged)
    If you think that literally means every man prior to 1991 was either a homophobic or a rapist, you're a fool.
    i claimed no such thing, fool

You might wish to check your sources, the link clearly proves I am right.

• 1537: Pope Paul III forbids slavery of the indigenous peoples of the Americas as well as of any other new population that would be discovered, indicating their right to freedom and property (Sublimus Deus). However, only Catholic countries apply it, and state that they cannot possibly enforce what happens in the distant colonies. - so not abolished ok
    • 1542: Spain enacted the New Laws, abolishing slavery of Native Americans in 1542. But replaced it with other systems of forced labor such as repartimiento. Slavery of Black Africans was not abolished.- so still not actually abolished
    • 1569: An English court case involving Cartwright, who had brought a slave from Russia, ruled that English law could not recognise slavery. - here we are
    Look prior to the 1500s, genius

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DauntlessOne)
    No, just Islamist sympathisers.
    Islamist/terrorist sympathiser is one of those words you numpties throw out when your hollow argument is exposed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blah3210)
    i claimed no such thing, fool
    Then what relevance did it have?

(Original post by blah3210)
    [/list]Look prior to the 1500s, genius
    Apart from some obscure Croatian kingdom, none of them really banned slavery or they banned it they brought it back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oShahpo)
    You're trying to use this tragedy, the fresh blood of the murdered ones to further your own stupid ill-founded cause, without waiting to hear the intricacies and details of the shooting.
    Am I? Where?

I have no agenda other than seeking truth. You've just made that stuff up. Please learn basic reading comprehension before accusing me of such heinous acts.

Anyway, as we begin to try and make sense of what has happened, the discussion of possible motives and political (/ religious) affiliations should not be off the menu just because you--or anyone else, for that matter--says so..

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2016-07-22 at 20.15.48.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  107.1 KB

interesting development, but I would be hasty to trust the Daily Mirror, but if true, are we seeing the start of right-wing anti-immigrant terrorism?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir Fox)
    Ahem, we shouldn't bash Islam in general. BUT the way these events have unfolded almost every time over the past years, there's about a 99% chance these guys are Islamists.
    Why shouldn't we bash Islam?

It's the single main cause of terrorism all over the Middle east and the world.

Following it down to the letter leads to radicalisation which leads to terrorism, which leads to the death of Millions and over 28,000 different terrorist attacks since 9/11

ReputationRep:
    You guys realise that the shooter is a white male Neo-Nazi?

Lets leave the Islam bashing to another day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Momma's Kumquat)
    Am I? Where?

I have no agenda other than seeking truth. You've just made that stuff up. Please learn basic reading comprehension before accusing me of such heinous acts.

Anyway, as we begin to try and make sense of what has happened, the discussion of possible motives and political (/ religious) affiliations should not be off the menu just because you--or anyone else, for that matter--says so..
    I had this argument with about two posters above. You're implying that the ban of guns in Germany did not stop the atrocity, as if this means that we should abolish the idea of banning guns or that the US should not consider banning them, while the truth is that this problem may not even have anything to do with internal gun control, rather immigration and foreign policy.

Btw I am not arguing whether or not the terrorist is Muslim, he most likely is anyway, I am arguing about the gun control point.

Anyway Kudos to you for recognising that politicising tragedies is a "heinous" act, I respect that, unlike others you didn't justify it by saying "Obama does it".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TelAviv)
    Reports are saying that according to police radio, up to 30 shots have been fired and 15 dead.

Europe needs to get smart!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Reports are from Twitter so take with caution!
    Well not justifying it but the west is bombing Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria with innocents killed, the west say it's collateral. Why? These people have no planes or tanks so they retalliate this way of shooting, bombs, trucks. Again not justifying it but why is the lives of europeans & americans worth more,than those of muslims?

Foreign policies need to be changed or this,won't stop!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttimeigetvpn)
    yes it does, I worry for the muslims who are harassed every time there is an attack
    Worry first and foremost about the people who have been killed or injured by the attackers. It's incredibly insensitive to be thinking of the impact on Muslims first.

ReputationRep:
    I had this argument with about two posters above. You're implying that the ban of guns in Germany did not stop the atrocity, as if this means that we should abolish the idea of banning guns or that the US should not consider banning them, while the truth is that this problem may not even have anything to do with internal gun control, rather immigration and foreign policy.

Btw I am not arguing whether or not the terrorist is Muslim, he most likely is anyway, I am arguing about the gun control point.

Anyway Kudos to you for recognising that politicising tragedies is a "heinous" act, I respect that, unlike others you didn't justify it by saying "Obama does it".
    He isn't

ReputationRep:

interesting development, but I would be hasty to trust the Daily Mirror, but if true, are we seeing the start of right-wing anti-immigrant terrorism?
    Lots of people are refuting this, saying it was shouted at the shooter

ReputationRep:
    Following it down to the letter leads to radicalisation which leads to terrorism, which leads to the death of Millions and over 28,000 different terrorist attacks since 9/11
    Source. That sounds far too high.

ReputationRep:
    Lots of people are refuting this, saying it was shouted atthe shooter
    False.

The shooter is as white as snow.

ReputationRep:
    Lots of people are refuting this, saying it was shouted atthe shooter
    great use of sources

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir Fox)
    Ahem, we shouldn't bash Islam in general. BUT the way these events have unfolded almost every time over the past years, there's about a 99% chance these guys are Islamists.
    Islam should be openly criticized just like any other religion. I mean...you can't exactly label Islam as the religion of peace and tolerance when there are people jailed or killed for trying to talk about the flaws of the religion.

ReputationRep:

Anniversary of Denmark attacks, could be a connection

Are they killing non whites? Not clear at the moment...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You guys realise that the shooter is a white male Neo-Nazi?

Lets leave the Islam bashing to another day
    Oh Bugger! I had my violent Quranic verses ready... Another day it is!

ReputationRep:
    Oh Bugger! I had my violent Quranic verses ready... Another day it is!
    It's like you're reading my mind, because that's exactly what I was about to say.

Muslims 1 -0 Racists LOL

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.