Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    I mean, this is just pulled out of your arse, isn't it. The MoNC quite possibly won't pass, but these desperate, ridiculous contortions quite against the spirit of the game expose quite how far the Tory party is willing to go to 'win' at this silly game.
    You're not even trying to argue that is hasn't ended yet, you're gone from throwing the dictionary out the window to following it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    You're not even trying to argue that is hasn't ended yet, you're gone from throwing the dictionary out the window to following it.
    I am making four contentions:

1) A legitimate MoNC process never started because it would fail for lack of a proposer who intended to do so.
    2) Even if the process started, a MoNC never actually took place because the GD equates the MoNC with the vote.
    3) Even if the MoNC took place, it never ended, because on the most common usage of 'ended' - meaning 'reaching a specified end', this didn't occur.
    4) Even if all of this is rejected, your interpretation nevertheless ought to be rejected because it leads to the absurd result of the government being able to prevent a MoNC from ever actually taking place, rendering the entire process useless.

Every single one of these is sufficient to defeat your terrible, terrible argument on its own.

ReputationRep:
    Also, when can we expect to see a budget? The quality thereof may have a chance of affecting my vote (although I will not withdraw the motion).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    Also, when can we expect to see a budget? The quality thereof may have a chance of affecting my vote (although I will not withdraw the motion).
    Just one and a half departments to go, I believe. The whole hold-up is unfortunate and I must admit some of my criticism of Labour before we finally took the reins had been unfair. I don't think there is a possible coalition capable of the stellar performance every Opposition expects because members do not have the necessary incentives.

Nevertheless, I've seen the budget in its current form and it looks better than anything in the past three years so I believe you should be satisfied.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Just one and a half departments to go, I believe. The whole hold-up is unfortunate and I must admit some of my criticism of Labour before we finally took the reins had been unfair. I don't think there is a possible coalition capable of the stellar performance every Opposition expects because members do not have the necessary incentives.

Nevertheless, I've seen the budget in its current form and it looks better than anything in the past three years so I believe you should be satisfied.
    You've finally admitted you've been hypocritical. I do feel that waiting for departments shows what an uncoordinated mess the Cabinet is at the moment.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    You've finally admitted you've been hypocritical. I do feel that waiting for departments shows what an uncoordinated mess the Cabinet is at the moment.
    Elaborate.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Elaborate.
    Well, the budget is supposedly being delayed because a few departments are failing to do what is required of them. This is just unacceptable.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Well, the budget is supposedly being delayed because a few departments are failing to do what is required of them. This is just unacceptable.
    You expect me to cost a bunch of fake crap after work?

Hell no. I was the one they were waiting for and i damn well waited until my week off.

ReputationRep:
    What's unacceptable?! Do I ****ing need to remind you that Labour budget by James with figures pulled out of his arse (no offence, Limie) or how half of your useless Cabinet were completely inactive?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Once again, let's quit with the abuse being directed at each other here. You can make your points without the personal abuse attached to them.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I need to edit my post…

I explicitly said I was a hypocrite—just like pretty much each and every one of you—aeons ago. Whatever I am though, you are at least a thousand times worse. If you're looking for uncoordinated mess, I suggest you revisit the times when you ‘led’ the Labour party. It's really a shame you ‘stepped down’ because having someone so clumsy opposite to me was a joy and made things almost too easy. You're practically the Corbyn of the MHoC.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Okay, I need to edit my post…

I explicitly said I was a hypocrite—just like pretty much each and every one of you—aeons ago. Whatever I am though, you are at least a thousand times worse. If you're looking for uncoordinated mess, I suggest you revisit the times when you ‘led’ the Labour party. It's really a shame you ‘stepped down’ because having someone so clumsy opposite to me was a joy and made things almost too easy. You're practically the Corbyn of the MHoC.
    I just look at this comment and laugh. Labour under me was anything but an uncoordinated mess and under Ray this is the same. The fact you are failing to provide a sensible explanation and are instead levelling abuse yet again at our party shows how you are dodging the difficult questions when they are thrown at you. So in future I wouldn't suggest you attack one of the most coordinated and efficient parties in the MHoC when the Government under you is limping along, the glue keeping it together wearing thin. I would ask that you stay on as Prime Minister for as long as possible because it makes our job as the Opposition a lot easier.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I am holding my tongue so much here I fear it may fall off.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Oh my lord this is brilliant *popcorn*

(Original post by Rakas21)
    You expect me to cost a bunch of fake crap after work?

Hell no. I was the one they were waiting for and i damn well waited until my week off.
    PRSOM for 'fake crap'.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    My only hope for the sake of your sanity is that under that thick layer of pretence, you realise how silly that sounds. :facepalm: :laugh: You can't even come up with your own comeback. :no:

Anyway, there's no judge, so this is pointless.
    Your idea of a comeback is to laugh because you think you are hilarious, even though really aren't, and use mental health references which I think is absolutely disgusting, especially as there are members of this House who suffer from such conditions. I'm not going to waste anymore of my time telling you how wrong you are because you are never going to listen and probably never will.

ReputationRep:
    Calm down all.

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask when this will go to the vote?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Can I ask when this will go to the vote?
    Did you bother reading last nights updatw?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Division! Clear the lobbies!

ReputationRep:
    Yay!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.