The Student Room Group

TSR Plays Pokemon FireRed!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Maybe we should just state the move or menu name when in battle instead of trying to coordinate right/A :holmes:

But a move is then selected just by one person, only way to make that fair would to enact a vote system for each move we use which quite clearly would take too long. My way ensures battles go quick and it is democratic. For example, imagine someone wants to use tackle, well they have to select A first to click FIGHT. Then someone else also has to want to use tackle for which they will press A. But now consider if that person doesnt want to use tackle, they will press right to go to the over move. it's two people who want to use different moves so think of it as 1 v 1. Now a third person comes a long and wants to use tackle, they will press left to go back to tackle or if they want to use the currently highlighted move they will press A which makes it essentially 2 v 1 which is fair. For using tackle you would then have to have a third person to come and press A but it's still essentially 3 v 1 which is fair because 3 people wanted to use tackle and one person wanted to use another move so tackle wins. Also it can still be considered 2 v 1 in this case because the first person had to press FIGHT to get to selecting a move in the first place. Hope you understand this :smile:

EDIT: I realised that what i have said is true, however i need to make one slight alteration to the rule: This is only for fighting, if you want to use potion, you can just say POTION. For fighting, only one command per post except for the following situation: If you want to use a move, Press A to select FIGHT but if you wanted to use a move that is not the move in the upper-left corner you can use two commands: Press A (to select FIGHT) and Press Down/Right to navigate to the move you wouldve liked.
(edited 7 years ago)
UPDATE: Our first move! We pressed A twice to select FIGHT then to select tackle. Bulbasaur has higher speed so he moved first and used tackle on us, slightly depleting our HP. Squirtle then hit back with a tackle.

We then pressed A again to select FIGHT. Which move will TSR decide on now? Press A for tackle, press right then press A for tail whip (REMEMBER: One command per person in battles)
(edited 7 years ago)
NOTICE: Do any of you want to help out and do updates as well? It will make the game go quicker as we can have people updating for when im not here! PM me for more details.
-A
A

RIGHT
Update: We pressed A to use tackle. Bulbasaur also used tackle.

We then pressed A to select FIGHT and then pressed right to move the cursor over to tail whip. Press A for tail whip, press left then A for tackle! REMEMBER: Only one command per post when battling (except for pressing A for FIGHT and pressing either down/right)
(edited 7 years ago)
LEFT
Press a
Press A
-A
Update: TSR decided to press LEFT to hover back over to tackle and then pressed A to use tackle. Bulbasaur also used tackle.

We then pressed A twice to select FIGHT and then tackle again! Bulbasaur also used tackle.

One more tackle looks like it should do it! Press A for FIGHT then press A again for tackle!

Remember: one command per post for battling (I will make a post detailing the exception in a bit, also SirKygrystan I shouldn't have processed your last command because you already did a post before that (you pressed left) but since i'd already processed it i can't go back)
(edited 7 years ago)
Apologies for the double command :bricks: I'll stay out of this update to restore order to the kanto region hehe
Press A
Press B
Press A
Press A
Waiting patiently for the update...

Quick Reply

Latest