Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by river222)
    I've worked out that the link for the edexcel grade boundaries tonight are going to follow this link:

https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Grade-boundaries/A-level/1606_GCE_A_level_Grade_Boundarie s.pdf

Obviously it won't work at the moment but at midnight it will all change... :P
    2013 boundaries didn't follow the same pattern
    so not exactly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raees_Sharif)
    2013 boundaries didn't follow the same pattern
    so not exactly
    Aww dammit! Never mind :P Either way lets hope the site just doesn't blow up when that single documentation gets published

ReputationRep:
    Hi just looking for some advice. I have applied to Plymouth (my firm) to do Early Childhood studies. I need 280 points with a minimum of 160 from two A levels which would be two C's. I already have a Distinction* in my btec which is 140 points. I have seen it in clearing and don't think it is a very competitive course but am worried about the two a levels being C's, how likely is it to be to accepted with two D's, 40 points off what I need from the a levels but only 20 points off the overall amount I need????? Thank uuuu and gd luck eveyone!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marioman)
    Does this definitely happen? The guy who posts all the AQA papers/markschemes/examiners' reports tried to get them last year but it didn't work.
    It says on AQA website those with access to e-AQA (eg teachers) can see the grade boundaries at one minute past midnight

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully the grade boundaries for AQA sociology are really low, preferably low enough that it will be possible for me to get an A with 5 marks from my unit 4 exam :adore::adore:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qcomber)
    It says on AQA website those with access to e-AQA (eg teachers) can see the grade boundaries at one minute past midnight
    In that case, hopefully they get posted.

ReputationRep:
    In that case, hopefully they get posted.
    They'll come out at one minute past midnight, they'll probably be leaked at two minutes past midnight

ReputationRep:
    This time last year this thread was blowing up (and in some cases giving people nightmares)...

ReputationRep:
    WJEC anyone? Specifically mathematics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L33t)
    They'll come out at one minute past midnight, they'll probably be leaked at two minutes past midnight
    Depends if Absent Agent is around!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hey111)
    Apart from the one marker from the first question and the last question, I thought C3 2016 was quite straightforward. Although, the last question was almost a complete repeat of a question from 2006. Nothing that hard to spot at all if you compare it to June 2013 and June 2015 in my view.

C3 June 2016 was doable if you did enough past papers. 2013 and 2015 singled out a big number of people fairly quickly when it came to their unusual range and domain questions and sneaky trigonometric identities in both papers.

C4 June 2015 was an absolute bloodbath and still shocked people with the grade boundaries. Therefore, I can only assume that with a standard C4 paper set in 2016, they will be merciless.

C2 2016 was unprecedentedly easier than 2015 and I think that will likely have very high grade boundaries.
    No I don't agree with C2 having a vet high grade boundary. Higher than last year obviously but the hard questions at the end will have stumped people. I'd say 63 for an A. It could potentially be 65 IF the mark scheme is kinder this year (ie. Giving out method marks galore) but not higher.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emiloujess)
    This time last year this thread was blowing up (and in some cases giving people nightmares)...
    That's because last years A2's suffered a lot of casualties from abysmal exam questions

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please establish at what time we would be able to get the grade boundaries for AQA or Edexcel?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L33t)
    That's because last years A2's suffered a lot of casualties from abysmal exam questions
    Nearly all of my exams (AQA Physics A, OCR Chemistry A, OCR non-MEI Further Maths) were quite nice this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L33t)
    SCLY4 this year though

(Original post by Al_YG)
    Can someone please establish at what time we would be able to get the grade boundaries for AQA or Edexcel?!
    AQA: website says 8am but twitter says 9:30

Edexcel: Anytime on the 17th but for the last 2 years it's been at midnight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al_YG)
    Around midnight for Edexcel. AQA will either be leaked tonight (they are released at 00:01) or available in the morning for all to see I believe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al_YG)
    Should be midnight (an hour) for Edexcel. I swear someone posted the AQA ones, maybe 9am but it's at some point tomorrow morning.

ReputationRep:
    Nearly all of my exams (AQA Physics A, OCR Chemistry A, OCR non-MEI Further Maths) were quite nice this year.
    That OCR F324 paper was beautiful wasn't it?

ReputationRep:
    Cheers guys/girls

ReputationRep:
    It's obviously gonna be 9am, please stop being pedantic over these things, they wouldn't release it early midnight 😂😂😂😂

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.