The fibs your teacher told you in school [golden thread]

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    "you'll get prizes for doing your homework"
    I remember that one time the teacher forgot she said that... I can still remember how offended I was :'/ (usually that teacher gives out prizes for the best homeworks)

or that one time the teacher made us do a whole 5 pages research on kenya AND DIDN'T EVEN COLLECT IT (he said we would get in trouble otherwise. I wasted so much time)

ReputationRep:
    "you'll get prizes for doing your homework"I remember that one time the teacher forgot she said that... I can still remember how offended I was :'/ (usually that teacher gives out prizes for the best homeworks)or that one time the teacher made us do a whole 5 pages research on kenya AND DIDN'T EVEN COLLECT IT (he said we would get in trouble otherwise. I wasted so much time)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nin-kaii)
    "you'll get prizes for doing your homework"
    I remember that one time the teacher forgot she said that... I can still remember how offended I was :'/ (usually that teacher gives out prizes for the best homeworks)

or that one time the teacher made us do a whole 5 pages research on kenya AND DIDN'T EVEN COLLECT IT (he said we would get in trouble otherwise. I wasted so much time)
    Omg, omg, omg. I can completely relate with the frustration of handing in something you've spent hours on and not even having any feedback from your teacher. It's the WORST feeling ever. Yet, don't you find, other people seem to not bother about having it handed it back to them, even if it's been like 2 months? I suppose that says how much time they put into it (ie zero).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    The biggest fib I was ever told was that the fleshy bit between thumb and index finger was where our wings once sprouted from when we were pterodactyls because they're what we evolved from Primary teachers are weird.

But on behalf of the teaching profession: sorry guys. We'll do what we have to to get you to work. My year 11s are still waiting for the Freddos I promised them at the start of the year :shh:

And the difference between GCSE and A level explanations kills us. We hate doing it but it'd break your brains if we didn't! The worst thing I have to do is teach it the way the exam board explains things rather than how stuff actually works. Bleurgh!
    Teachers always promise sweets but never deliver or they say things like if you win you get a prize and then the prize ends up being ' the pride of winning '

ReputationRep:
    Back in year 9 my English teacher didn't mark our books because he had tonnes of ' year 11 mark to work ' and then when we're in year 11 he didn't mark our books because he had tonnes of ' year 13 mark to work ' ..... He also taught me film studies GCSE and didn't mark our books for 6 months and also one time he was like ' oh sorry but I left your books on my kitchen table ' ....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    Back in year 9 my English teacher didn't mark our books because he had tonnes of ' year 11 mark to work ' and then when we're in year 11 he didn't mark our books because he had tonnes of ' year 13 mark to work ' ..... He also taught me film studies GCSE and didn't mark our books for 6 months and also one time he was like ' oh sorry but I left your books on my kitchen table ' ....
    Just reading that made my blood boil

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Every teacher told us the story of how a pupil rocking on their chair fell backwards and broke their head… funny we never got a name and they never went to our school lol

ReputationRep:
    'You will need to use this in real life someday' Yeah right! and 'You will need to purchase the textbook for this class'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Also GCSE Chemistry electron configuration, when you get to A level you discover it was all a lie
    OMG yes. Story of my life.

ReputationRep:
    "I won't tell the deputy head that you called me a *****. You won't be suspended"

ReputationRep:
    This one is really **** when I was about to go off to Spain I revived a letter asking me to come to collage for an emergency meeting because I had failed my BFD so I called up the collage asking why I had failed turns out the course leader told his boss I hadn't handed in a pice of work😬 game over right I mean why would they believe me saying I had handed it in. Luckily my Dad for some reason was with me when I went and handed in said pice of work he took the phone and said to the guy he was there so there was another phone call half an hour later from the boss turns out the course leader had had another "look" and turns out I had passed.

Why was this a lie well I had made a formal complaint about the course leader earlier in the year and my guess is he just wanted to fail me because of that makes me wonder how many other people he'd done that to. Lucky my Dad was there though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lies I told me teacher:
    - I got my coursework under control (to my AS/A2 Media Studies teacher)
    - I lost my work, so I have to do it again( To the same teacher above)
    - I forgot about my homework, will hand it in tomorrow/the day after (To my English, Biology/Chem, Sociology, Psychology teachers)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The true reasons I lied, was because I was having Depressive and anxiety episodes, at the time so I couldn't do the work/come into the Colly.
    Lies my teacher told me:
    - You will be fine in the exam, you will get an A/B - MUDDA ********. probably got a C/D :bawling::bawling:
    -Your media essay was fine, near perfect. Don't worry about the exam - MUDDA ********!!
    -We will accommodate to your mental health issues, and be understanding; that lasted like 3 months and they stopped.

ReputationRep:
    "Maths D1 is an easy A"

Lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucabrasi98)
    "Maths D1 is an easy A"

Lol.
    everyone says D1 is easy yet I only just scraped a B for that last year cause the paper was a mess and so hard tbh

ReputationRep:
    I won't give you any homework

ReputationRep:
    Cramming doesn't work... (It does up to a certain point...)

ReputationRep:
    "I knew a kid who used to rock thrir chair back and they fell off and cracked their skull, so don't do it" - literally every teacher

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    everyone says D1 is easy yet I only just scraped a B for that last year cause the paper was a mess and so hard tbh
    I got a C in D1, luckily I didnt need it as I got the A overall even with a C. but yeah its definitely not the easiest>.<

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not exactly a fib, but it does have an omission.

"If you don't wear your seatbelt, you get a bad conduct."

That was the teachers' policy on seatbelts in primary school and didn't explain the reason why. If asked why, they would just say the above line again.

A bad conduct was a mini-detention where you wrote out lines or de-weeded the front lawn of the school. It could be easily interpreted like it was the only bad thing to happen to you if you don't wear a seatbelt.

A family friend found it weird and then told me why they had such a policy in absolute graphic detail. Needless to say, we never saw him again...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HFancy1997)
    I got a C in D1, luckily I didnt need it as I got the A overall even with a C. but yeah its definitely not the easiest>.<

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yh same I still got an A in AS maths but if it was any worse I would've deffo missed it . I really struggled with D1 and felt there was little maths like half the paper is silly definitions like what's a path like I wanna do maths at uni and I can't see me ever using this !

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.