Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's the one thing that will help you survive Results Day? [Golden Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CerealKiller10)
    Seen as much of my family as possible, including visiting my mums burial ground, as she unfortunately passed away during my exams to tell her I got in to my first choice! Feeling fantastic and going to be celebrating with my friends tonight 😎
    That's amazing, congratulations! Your mum would be so proud of you Have lots of fun tonight!

ReputationRep:
    You just need to forget you've ever taken the exam in the first place

ReputationRep:
    Knowing that I've done the best I could've done and that's that

ReputationRep:
    FOOD!! Am I right or am I right?

ReputationRep:
    We are beings that are wired to carry out habits which result in positive reinforcement. Keeping this in mind, I kept telling myself the following: despite the fact that I am terrified, I know that this was the best time for me in my academic career because I would get to very clearly and unambiguously see the fruit of my hard work over the academic year. Or, worse comes to worse, and I didn't get the grades that I wanted, it will be a crystal clear wake up call that something needs to change in my study habits, and I would have the pleasure of having just enough time to get myself together for the beginning of the year. I figured that now isn't the time to worry. I mean specifically the time before I open the letter isn't the time to do that. The time to worry is the beginning of the semester. Keeping this positive reinforcement concept in my mind, if I create a memory where I walk into the exam hall confidently and can keep my thoughts positive no matter the outcome, then that will be the crucial positive reinforcement that will help me grow as academically. One final note, I realised that there is a great importance of really making it explicit to myself that this is a personal journey. Of course other people are involved in this journey: teachers, the school, family and friends.At the end of the day, however, these are my results, I told my self. I do not have to compare myself to others. It is not a complete indication of intelligence, nor is it a complete indication of ability. It is simply an indication of how well I did in my exams, and how prepared I was. I will take my results seriously once I have opened it and read it, and I will make a plan for A2.

ReputationRep:
    Ice cream

ReputationRep:
    B&J ice cream xD

ReputationRep:
    Friends and an indian takeaway and my puppy!

ReputationRep:
    Bleach.

ReputationRep:
    Alcohol, chocolate and friends!

ReputationRep:
    Video games.
    Maybe also food.

ReputationRep:
    Not going. Unfortunately, that's not an option. D:

ReputationRep:
    supportive friends and family, the tradition of food after no matter the results and the knowledge that at least someone will do worse than me!

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately, nothing

ReputationRep:
    i have one word for you:footbal:#l! whether it's watchin your favourite team play or playing touch with your little brother in the backyard! Do it ! it helps me alot...

ReputationRep:
    Knowing it's over and done with (hopefully) and my family's support whether I do good or bad

ReputationRep:
    Alcohol probably. Applies for both scenarios too.

ReputationRep:
    My friends and knowing that my AS results won't affect my A-Level results next year due to the new specifications from the exam boards.

ReputationRep:
    How much money I'm going to get from my parents. Legit my only concern rn (I'm saving for a laptop)
    Where:
    A* = £10
    A = £5
    I got A*7AB for my mocks so I'm praying for similar or better

ReputationRep:
    Opening my results with my best friend. He is caring, supportive and attentive, a friend for life.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.