The Student Room Group

Which GCSE subject can you not wait to ditch? [golden thread]

Scroll to see replies

good byeeeeeee french, ironically I dream to study and live in France but hopefully the language just comes naturally to me rather than forced from a book.
(Also f*ck you bio)
German and Geography
Reply 162
PHYSICS!!!!!!!! And geography
Chemistry Biology geography
Geography
i cannot wait to ditch history i got an F in history MOCKS sooooo yea.... maybe german as well because its quite boring or "langweiling" in german haha
It was a few years ago now- but i couldnt wait to get rid of french.
It was a shame really because i used to love it (so much so that at one point i was going to take both french and spanish at GCSE). But for me, it was the teacher who ruined it for me more than anything. The course didnt help either. But the teacher was mainly to blame.
Original post by 99coldplayer
Chemistry Biology geography

All of my alevel options lol😂
French, i love learning languages but its one of the most stressful things ive ever done, that and drama.
Reply 169
Chemistry because blimey I have never felt so unprepared for an exam in my life.
I hated GCSE math so much :sad: I think its more about the teacher than the actual subject!
Original post by shooks
Maybe the best thing about finishing your GCSEs is that, from now on, you get to study whatever you want.

No longer will you have to sit through lessons of subjects you hate, or revise folders full of stuff you can't stand.

But which is the GCSE you're most thrilled to never think of again?

BIO,CHEM, ENGLISH AND GEO!!!!! :angry:
So I've just finished AS, but i was soooo glad to be rid of Computer Science :colondollar:
Reply 173
Literally every science 😂😂
Physics!
(edited 7 years ago)
Defo English lang
Physics because I didn't understand quite a few of the concepts. :redface:
HISTORY
This time last year (going into second year of sixth form next week, so just finished first year) I was glad to get rid of physics and math!

Also English Language

But I ended up being 'forced' into taking it as an AS since I did so well at it during my GCSE years (I actually enjoy it at A-Level though).
I've finished my GCSEs now and am waiting on results, but the one subject I ABSOLUTELY DESPISED was GEOGRAPHY. I practically hated every lesson since it started, but I stuck with it cause I thought it would get better.

Turns out it didn't.

Quick Reply