Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    worried about biology, i found it quite okay, looking at the grade boundaries they are quite low so mustve been a hard paper. That worries me lol (AQA)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnieBeth61)
    I took Law and History too, v worried about results :/ I also want to apply to Oxford- out of interest, what would be the minimum AS grades you would apply with? Like if AAAA does not work out, would you still apply with say AABB?
    Hmm... Different teachers have told me different things tbh. From what I've seen and heard, and what one teacher and another website have said, you can apply with AAAB and there's the chance of you getting in. But I'm not sure about AABB, and of course it depends on GCSE results and admissions tests and interviews as well. I reckon you should ask your teachers for advice on Results Day - I know I'll be doing that.

And good luck with History and Law - you have my sympathies ~

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rigby16)
    I genuinely thought i'd achieved ACD after the exams but looking at the grade boundaries i'm now expecting AAA/AAB I've learnt that there's always a surprise and anything can happen
    what subjects do you take?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fw1298)
    Physics was not pleasant.. especially the 2nd paper. Best if luck, I left out 30 marks worth on paper 2.
    OCR?

ReputationRep:
    My subjects are Biology, Chemistry, French & Spanish.
    I think the languages were fine, however Biology was a mixed bag - results could go either way with it, when it comes to biology, you could copy straight from the textbook sometimes and it could still be wrong.
    I am panicking for Chemistry. I lost track of time and missed out several pages of the exam. I'm worried that this is going to affect my uni application what with predicted grades (I want to apply for Medicine).
    Wish I worked harder earlier on in the year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhh, a couple of hours left

ReputationRep:
    I got an email from my Head of Sixth telling me I've got to attend a meeting to discuss my ways forward for next year.

I think he means that I've failed. I really don't want to panic but it's making my head go crazy before results day

ReputationRep:
    Im so scared because I just want good grades, so I can get good predicted ones. But i didnt sit one exam that went well. Best of luck to everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by money-for-all)
    Maths, Physics , Bio , Chem

how about you ?
    hi I study maths, economics and chemistry, but I didn't take my chemistry exam this year because I knew I would flop. do you think uni's would still consider me with only 2 as grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsamor)
    Im so scared because I just want good grades, so I can get good predicted ones. But i didnt sit one exam that went well. Best of luck to everyone
    I'm starting to feel the same, good luck though! you'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    Oh wow, that does seem like a nightmare. Well if it helps I didn't even answer question three, only a little first paragraph attempt. I was aiming for an A and to be applying to Cambridge in October, but I bet I'll end up getting a low C or something like that

I've been getting A grades all year but our teacher was so nice, I can't help but be apprehensive that she was a lenient marker. Even though she said she's not, despite being such a nice teacher.

Honestly, I messed up some key theorists and it just went awful.

What do you think the grade boundaries might be? Are you going to be staying up for them just in case they get released early morning??
    Okay I know I already replied to this but have you got your results for english language? I hope you got the grade you wanted!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Got my results and done pretty bad tbh, need to make up for it next year.
    Maths : A - 92%
    Fmaths : C because of decision maths, got 50% in D1 FML
    Physics : C but it doesn't count this year anyway
    Physics I was the only person in my entire year to get an A in the mock but the new spec was brutal for me. Further maths I wanted atleast a B, but it's just a learning curve I guess. The modules I worked hard for I got the grades. I got AAABCD across my 6 modules in maths and the D was complete lack of work so atleast I acknowledge my mistakes
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Okay, so I answered to this thread a few weeks ago.
    But considering my results, I'm changing my answer to a strong YES.

I got ABCD in my results (I have no idea but I'm so glad I didn't take 5 and tempt fate)
    But the D was the one I felt most confident about - and now I think I've royally messed up...

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EstelOfTheEyrie)
    Okay, so I answered to this thread a few weeks ago.
    But considering my results, I'm changing my answer to a strong YES.

I got ABCD in my results (I have no idea but I'm so glad I didn't take 5 and tempt fate)
    But the D was the one I felt most confident about - and now I think I've royally messed up...
    It could've been worse! Congrats on the A though, what subject did you get the D in? Is it old spec?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I wanted to apply for History at Cambridge. I got AAB.

A - English lit
    A - English language
    B - History

I got 60/60 in paper one for History, and then I messed up (or the examiner messed up) paper 2, which I was most comfortable with. I came out with a high B but I'm so upset because I really wanted to apply for Cambridge this year.

Going to get paper 2 remarked but I'm so upset to be honest. I've been the best in History at my college all year.

ReputationRep:
    Really surprised myself with my results, I got
    Maths-A
    Economics-A
    History-A
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Sheek1234)
    It could've been worse! Congrats on the A though, what subject did you get the D in? Is it old spec?
    No, the D was in the new spec for psychology
    I'd been doing brilliant all year, so to drop like 2/3 grades at the end really put me off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nowen)
    Really surprised myself with my results, I got
    Maths-A
    Economics-A
    History-A
    If you don't mind me asking, how did you revise????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RZA17)
    If you don't mind me asking, how did you revise????
    For maths I watched examsolutions videos, they are absolutely brilliant to revise from. After I had a firm understanding of each topic I then just did past papers continuously for around 6 months.

Economics I did practically the same. The hardest part of economics is evaluation and so I went through every past paper specifically looking at marks schemes to understand what they wanted from my answers. I then attempted some papers in exam conditions like maths. With economics it's about understanding every possible ramification of an event but then using theory to support which event is most likely. I got a pretty high A in economics( 115 for an A and I got 132/160)

History was a hard one. I must have read my history textbook through about 3 times and then made flashcards to summarise. It's not only understanding events and root causes for them, like economics you have to evaluate and attach significance to each cause. I attempted exam questions and then got my teacher to mark them to see if I went wrong and also to see where I could improve on.

Hope this helps.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.