Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BLM protestors block entry to Heathrow and Birmingham airports Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    To pressure the government, not people. The government listens to identity politics protests, even if they turn people against their causes.
    The people certainly felt the pressure today. How many real people's lives were affected by this "protest"… it's a disgrace. I hope the people arrested get charged and locked up for a damn long time. You can't go around causing mayhem, whatever your justification. It's not fair. Just makes you a selfish jerk.

Should've used tear gas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladymusiclover)
    I never said they owe them anything. You reap what you sow. After the slave trade ended it was the slave masters and the British who received reparations in millions whilst the slaves received nothing in terms of money btw. I don't think Britain would be what it is without something as large as the transatlantic slave trade (as well as worldwide colonisation). I'm aware there were Irish indentured servants but the Africans were better adapted to the climate and guess would be better slaves. However, my point was that black generations have contributed to Britain and Europe including WW2. It's just not as documented.
    Slave masters received reparation only? But what about all the money British tax payers send to the Carribean hellholes? That is not reparation? And they were not even paying taxes to the UK. And no, to Europe black contributed nothing. Some Mbeki from Ghana certainly did not contributed to Hungary, Poland or Croatia. Their contribution is 0 or minimal. Britain more owes to the Irish people especially they genocided them. The Irish had much worse than blacks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    The traffic was used to raise awareness for a criminal who's death led to an uprising fuelled and organised by black gang culture that led to innocent deaths, damages and destruction to buildings, cars and public services/property not to mention the amount of stuff that was looted and the amount of lives they ruined who still bare suffering today.

The black community has been waiting for what exactly? I've been waiting for them to voice their opinions through the systems of the UK that welcome them, this isn't America and this isn't 1945. This is Great Britain and it's 2016, we have the most honourable justice system in the world, we have the best police force in the world, we have a democracy where an MP can voice your opinion in parliament but we also have a government (along with the past few previous governments) committed to reducing ethnic inequality and it's working. The fact that this protest had no cause is pathetic, I'd rather see a protest for harambe than a criminal.
    im burned out by this thread now lol

All those approaches havent worked, now that they finally have attention, i guess we will have to wait and see whats done with it.

(Original post by 1010marina)
    I think there is actually a "run fast" gene carried by Usain Bolt, among others but it isn't universal for top athletes. Think it was in New Scientist a couple of years ago... I'll try and get the article up later... But it's quite irrelevant, as you say things like altitude training etc all affect peak performance, presumably more so.

Anyway, from what I remember the gene is carried predominantly by black people... Kinda like how a while back they found that moat people without African heritage carry Neanderthal DNA. It depends on your ancestry not really geographic location.

As for IQ I think "black people are dumber" is a terrible statement to say whether backed up by stats or not. They're also more likely to live in poverty and thats more than likely a contributing factor, etc. I really doubt there is any actual scientific basis for saying one skin colour is genetically hardwired to be more intelligent. E.g. Chinese tend to pressure kids into learning so they get goodbtest scores... That doesn't make them genetically superior it's just a culture difference... That's probably all the claims were imo
    The 'run fast' gene I think was explained to be down to the fact that Africans had to run long distances all the time. I.e. From home to the river and back etc
    Which is why I'm saying a lot of these difference like Africans having darker skin due the harsher sun are down to the adaptations from where our ancestors lived.
    There are quite a lot of these differences actually but majority of them are physical/medical and none so far have to do with intelligence.

And yes there isn't any so far.
    Take the brain size experiment for example. Some people would like to bring it up as proof but when the brain size of a black and white baby were measured, they found that they were both the same size and that would suggest any differences in intelligence are down to nurture and not nature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slaven)
    Slave masters received reparation only? But what about all the money British tax payers send to the Carribean hellholes? That is not reparation? And they were not even paying taxes to the UK. And no, to Europe black contributed nothing. Some Mbeki from Ghana certainly did not contributed to Hungary, Poland or Croatia. Their contribution is 0 or minimal. Britain more owes to the Irish people especially they genocided them. The Irish had much worse than blacks.
    I'm referring to the slaves themselves. They did not receive reparations. "Caribbean hellholes". (Well if that's so I'm not sure why so many Brits travel to the Caribbean then. It can't all be hellholes). You seem particularly angry for no reason *possible troll). Btw the slaves would have been given English sounding names by the slave masters so instead of Mbeki maybe John is more appropriate. You're entitled to your opinion but your emotions seem to be clouding your judgment.

ReputationRep:
    I'm referring to the slaves themselves. They did not receive reparations. "Caribbean hellholes". (Well if that's so I'm not sure why so many Brits travel to the Caribbean then. It can't all be hellholes). You seem particularly angry for no reason *possible troll). Btw the slaves would have been given English sounding names by the slave masters so instead of Mbeki maybe John is more appropriate. You're entitled to your opinion but your emotions seem to be clouding your judgment.
    People who are having victim complexation and their left-wing cucks are getting on my nerves and iritating me. To hell with your indentity politcs, And yes the Carribeans are poor hellholes and the reason why Brits go there because they are cheap. The only cure for them is to be annexed by UK and be again a british colony. To hell with the "blacks builded England" myth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slaven)
    People who are having victim complexation and their left-wing cucks are getting on my nerves and iritating me. To hell with your indentity politcs, And yes the Carribeans are poor hellholes and the reason why Brits go there because they are cheap. The only cure for them is to be annexed by UK and be again a british colony. To hell with the "blacks builded England" myth.
    Yep your emotions are clouding your judgement. I'm off to the Caribbean this year and it'll cost over three grand. Not sure that's cheap. I don't believe or never said blacks built this country but to ignore their contribution especially to the British empire's wealth is just as bad as saying the did build this country. Anyway I'm off to watch the Rio Olympics Opening Ceremony.

ReputationRep:
    Showkey trending on twitter. Clicks link. Apparently showkey is the alias of 16 year old black london rapper stabbed to death today... with a bunch of bystanders filming him slowly dying and posting on snapchat.

I think somebody forgot to tell black people black lives matter.

ReputationRep:
    BLM protests are completely laughable. In the UK poverty is the main cause of crime outside of london. London itself however has an epidemic of black gang culture (albeit caused by poverty), that outside of a white minority, isn't shared by similar ethnic groups equally as likely to be economically disadvantaged.

As one policeman I spoke to concerning why the crime rate is so high stated, most crime is statistically committed by an individual of the same gender, race and living in the same geographical area as the victim. If a black individual states they were mugged by another black individual is it racist to then only target black individuals when looking for the perpetrator? The largest proportional victims of crime in london, are other black people. I don't even get what BLM want in the UK. Sure target the education system, support for black families, government efforts into reducing the number of kids drawn into gang culture etc etc. Don't target the police, when black people themselves are the biggest victims of crime in london.

What about the black nobility who caught and sold the slaves in africa? You never see such movements targeting Africans for reparations? Nor do you see europeans (especially greeks) or black people ask for reparations from the Arab or Eastern slave trade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanB1991)

What about the black nobility who caught and sold the slaves in africa? You never see such movements targeting Africans for reparations? Nor do you see europeans (especially greeks) or black people ask for reparations from the Arab or Eastern slave trade.
    I agree with you. Tbh I doubt most people are aware of the Arab slave trade.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you. Tbh I doubt most people are aware of the Arab slave trade.
    And the African individuals who sold and profited from selling their African kin into slavery?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanB1991)
    And the African individuals who sold and profited from selling their African kin into slavery?
    That's an ignored but very true fact. I already know all of this btw.

Yep your emotions are clouding your judgement. I'm off to the Caribbean this year and it'll cost over three grand. Not sure that's cheap. I don't believe or never said blacks built this country but to ignore their contribution especially to the British empire's wealth is just as bad as saying the did build this country. Anyway I'm off to watch the Rio Olympics Opening Ceremony.
    I wouldn't bother with slaven :lol:
    Doesn't seem to be knowledgable on basic English, history or geography

ReputationRep:
    Are there no specially trained armed police officers who cannot counter this terrorism? Terrorist lives don't matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dozyrosie)
    Are there no specially trained armed police officers who cannot counter this terrorism? Terrorist lives don't matter.
    Exactly. Should get the water cannons out for these pretentious *****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orange crush)
    Exactly. Should get the water cannons out for these pretentious *****.
    First thing my girlfriend said when she saw the story on the news was why can't we just water cannon idiots like these?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think it's very ignorant to say that racism no longer exists in the uk! Although racism isn't as much of a problem here than other places that doesn't mean it still isn't a problem. The BLM in my opinion was created and is practiced here to show solidarity to their black brothers and sisters killed by police brutality in the US. I do think it was stupid to block the runway to try and gain attention to the cause, of anything it's going to deter people away as evident in this thread. Their exact reasoning for the protest idk? However there's no denying racism doesn't exist. Racism does exist, it's institutionalised and ingrained within the system and ourselves. Police are far more likely to act upon stereotypes when making arrests. Even myself I must admit find myself acting upon steryotypes! For example when a see a young black man I might feel afraid if I'm on my own or something like that...

ReputationRep:
    Is the another BLM Heathrow protest today?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Idk how i'm going to get to my flight if so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawbAri)
    I wouldn't bother with slaven :lol:
    Doesn't seem to be knowledgable on basic English, history or geography
    Haha I see.

ReputationRep:
    There are well documented instances of the BLM movement as a group endorsing racial segregation in university student accommodation, calling for the murder of members of the police force, white people in general and leading members of the movement in America literally incited and were key members in starting riots in certain black majority cities. They are a racist, anti police hate group whose only real goal is black supremacy and the promotion of hatred against whites. They should have been forcibly removed from the road.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.