• Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Lander_q)
    So if you get rejected from both firm and insurance is there any point ringing any of them for clearing or waste of time?
    That could be a waste of time unless you re getting a priority remark.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by PensAndPaper)
    I got ABB in psychology, bio and chem last year

I retook this year because i wanted to get into London unis, I never applied last year because I really wasn't sure on what I wanted to do.
    So if I have retaken them and didn't improve and also therefore won't have met their entry requirements.

How will clearing look at me if I didn't improve -_- and want to go to Queens as clearing offer AAB
    will it be different acceptance for me because i retook and did not improve ? theoretically

also to study biomedical science
    Having a gap year probably won't change their requirements but it depends how feel they about resits.

ReputationRep:
    How long does it take for your firm/insurance to release you to enter clearing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Hi what if the uni has lowered its grades in clearing ?

ReputationRep:
    Hi what if they've lowered in clearing
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    How long does it take for your firm/insurance to release you to enter clearing?
    Depends on the uni, but it can be a few hours or for some people it might take a day or two, ucas excepts choices to be final so I don't think there's an expectation of it being done in a set time.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Lander_q)
    Hi what if they've lowered in clearing
    Then if you met those grades there's a possibility they would have accepted you anyway as its better to accept a firm/insurance applicant than have to find someone through clearing.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the uni, but it can be a few hours or for some people it might take a day or two, ucas excepts choices to be final so I don't think there's an expectation of it being done in a set time.
    After calling to be released, can we still call other unis for clearing despite not being released yet?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, do any unis accept candidates that do not apply through UCAS and directly call the university in the clearing process?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    After calling to be released, can we still call other unis for clearing despite not being released yet?
    Most would refuse to talk to you, ucas don't allow it really. Also clearing offers might only be valid for 24 hours so even if they did give you one, you might not meet the deadline to add it.

ReputationRep:
    If you have been declined from your firm, can you apply for a different course at that university through clearing? For example applying for chem in UCL originally but not getting the marks so applying for physics at UCL in clearing
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by April1997)
    If you have been declined from your firm, can you apply for a different course at that university through clearing? For example applying for chem in UCL originally but not getting the marks so applying for physics at UCL in clearing
    If it's a very different course then there's nothing stopping you from trying, it d be a good idea to have a new ps ready though.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Excellent thread btw

Have you had any demanding parents?*
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by thechineeseone)
    Hi, do any unis accept candidates that do not apply through UCAS and directly call the university in the clearing process?
    You might get into through a record of prior acceptance so you can try I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    Most would refuse to talk to you, ucas don't allow it really. Also clearing offers might only be valid for 24 hours so even if they did give you one, you might not meet the deadline to add it.
    Oh okay thanks

ReputationRep:
    If it's a very different course then there's nothing stopping you from trying, it d be a good idea to have a new ps ready though.
    What if the courses are very similar? Like applying for forensic psychology but applying for psychology in clearing
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    What if the courses are very similar? Like applying for forensic psychology but applying for psychology in clearing
    Then unless the entry requirements were lower than your offer, I wouldn't bother. They would have offered you an alternative if available as an unconditional course change through track in most cases.

ReputationRep:
    Hi could you clarify what you mean by prior acceptance?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Unlikely. Most universities would already have considered you for related courses before rejecting you.

ReputationRep:
    Then unless the entry requirements were lower than your offer, I wouldn't bother. They would have offered you an alternative if available as an unconditional course change through track in most cases.
    Okay thank you

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.