Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    But TBH that paper was easy, I barely realised I'd completed it and got nearly full marks in doing so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobSausage)
    But TBH that paper was easy, I barely realised I'd completed it and got nearly full marks in doing so.
    I agree that it was not much of a difficult paper at all unlike the 2013 and 2015 paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone done Further/Additional Maths?

I did my GCSE maths this year (year 10) and got an A* so I will be doing Further & Additional Maths next year.

But yeah, does anyone know what those exams are like in comparison to regular GCSE?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadiakms)
    I got 169/200 if anyone should be crying it should be me but God bless!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    me too ! 169/200
    is it worth a remark do you think

ReputationRep:
    169/200 is it worth a remark
    so wanted that *

ReputationRep:
    naaaaah I cba lol I was asked but I ain't desperate GCSEs will mean nothing in 2 years time as long as I got my passes but still happy about my a loooool ain't fussed about that extra mark I'm going on to study at a grammar school so all is well !!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol good luck. Just destroy A-levels and you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    don't u have ur GCSE statement with ums marks ? maths is only given in raw

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Some people don't get raw marks. It just says Mathematics (A) Linear and that's it lol.

ReputationRep:
    I got 167. Should I get a remark?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but these corporate clowns are having a laugh. I haven't done maths since year 1 to be told I'm a D-grade student by 2 marks in a high boundary situation. If this remark keeps my grade as a D I'm gonna cry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samesea)
    Sorry but these corporate clowns are having a laugh. I haven't done maths since year 1 to be told I'm a D-grade student by 2 marks in a high boundary situation. If this remark keeps my grade as a D I'm gonna cry.
    Did you put a lot of work into it and try your best?

ReputationRep:
    IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD IM SAD

IF EDEXCEL WERE A PERSON I WOULD LITERALLY HUNT THAT SH*THEAD DOWN N BEAT THEIR ASSSSSS OMG I JUST MISSED OUT ON THAT A* OK IM SAAAAAAAAD

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You won't care once you're reached a-level

ReputationRep:
    don't u have ur GCSE statement with ums marks ? maths is only given in raw

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What is a GCSE statement?
    No I was only given the subject name and the grade, but the column for sums grade, mark 1 and mark 2 were blank as well as no raw mark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClydeJ)
    Did you put a lot of work into it and try your best?
    Of course I did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmalulu88)
    so wanted that *
    idk if you want to go in to medicine and require that extra * then go for it but for me I cba looool I'm sure it was checked subjects like maths its really rare that you'll get that extra mark whereas subjects like English it's more common but my teacher has advised me to remark I just feel like a year time no one will care if I got the * as long as I've passed its all good ugh idk so close man 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dizgurl)
    What is a GCSE statement?
    No I was only given the subject name and the grade, but the column for sums grade, mark 1 and mark 2 were blank as well as no raw mark.
    this how it's laid out well how the AQA candidate statement is it has subjects name on the side, ocr is more clear and the edexcel statement is a little confusing but includes the ums and raw marks if you'd like me to send you another pap with a edexcel board I don't mind
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1472163461.364684.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  120.2 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyAsquith)
    I got 167. Should I get a remark?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by emmalulu88)
    so wanted that *
    How do you all know what you got? My sheet didn't say

ReputationRep:
    The calc paper was really easy so I dont think this is that unreasonable really... Dont they create grade boundaries so that only a certain amount of people get a certain grade each year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bernie2016)
    The calc paper was really easy so I dont think this is that unreasonable really... Dont they create grade boundaries so that only a certain amount of people get a certain grade each year?
    Well, the percentages change each year, though never by some gargantuan amount. I do not know what the process is...it seems rather arbitrary

ReputationRep:
    this how it's laid out well how the AQA candidate statement is it has subjects name on the side, ocr is more clear and the edexcel statement is a little confusing but includes the ums and raw marks if you'd like me to send you another pap with a edexcel board I don't mind
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1472163461.364684.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  120.2 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, on my Edexcel maths one, I only have the subject award A*, but no mms mark or raw mark. If you don't mind, could you send one from the edexcel board. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I got an A and only 7 marks away from an A* which I am so happy with! I am not good in exams so while I will get A*s in class, I got Bs in both of my mocks. I am so so happy that I got such a high A!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.