Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are the most overrated & Underrated Universities in your opinion Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamic_Vicz)
    Nah you are trolling your own thread by making a fool of yourself. If KCL are SUPERIOR to Manchester, Nottingham and Birmingham then what are they to Sheffield?

PS-Wouldn't be surprised if you gave a *****y answer
    KCL is also superior to Sheffield.

Saying that doesn't make me a troll, nor does it translate a *****y answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vividly clear)
    You obviously do not know what you're talking about. KCL is top ten in Education, Food science, Dentistry, Law, Economics classical and ancient history along with music.

And KCL's Law department is 4th in the UK so obviously talking to you is futile my friend.
    So? your uni is overrated in my opinion. idc about their law department as i dont want to study it. you are belittling other uni's because they are not up to your kcl 'standards'.

Stop riding on their penis and look at the real world bro, there are fantastic institutions if you've actually read some of the things they do on their websites

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dnkz7)
    So? your uni is overrated in my opinion. idc about their law department as i dont want to study it. you are belittling other uni's because they are not up to your kcl 'standards'.

Stop riding on their penis and look at the real world bro, there are fantastic institutions if you've actually read some of the things they do on their websites
    You realise that just because I said that some universities are overrated doesn't mean that KCL is better than them or up to their standards.

Arguably LSE and UCL are better institutions than KCL, but in my humble opinion, i find the two of them completely overrated, especially LSE, a "university" that only offers like 15 courses

ReputationRep:
    You realise that just because I said that some universities are overrated doesn't mean that KCL is better than them or up to their standards.

Arguably LSE and UCL are better institutions than KCL, but in my humble opinion, i find the two of them completely overrated, especially LSE, a "university" that only offers like 15 courses
    Your thread is about overrated/underrated uni's, you says LSE is a better institution than KCL but you still think its overrated?

I think you've been turned away and got accepted at KCL instead, you sound really butthurt. Believe me when i say, there are people who got BCD and still got into AAA-AAB courses at KCL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PHD2027)
    overated= Cambridge, Oxford,

underrated= Bristol, Nottingham, manchester,
    Gave you a rep for the underrated part. Lol not sure about the overrated part

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dnkz7)
    Thats in your opinion, the league table says otherwise. Pretty sure Cardiff holds more repute than Kings for Medicine. Politics, well arguably there are better universities out there like LSE for instance. Finally, law... Lol dont even get me started pls. Save your breath, you are deluding yourself brother
    Do you think KCL is underrated, Well-rated or overrated?

ReputationRep:
    I agree with all that said KCL has low entry standards - my friend who applied for medicine needed exam grades a good 10% lower than my offer (!). And I'm studying dead people & digging, ffs

ReputationRep:
    Do you think KCL is underrated, Well-rated or overrated?
    well rated, wbu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dnkz7)
    Your thread is about overrated/underrated uni's, you says LSE is a better institution than KCL but you still think its overrated?

I think you've been turned away and got accepted at KCL instead, you sound really butthurt. Believe me when i say, there are people who got BCD and still got into AAA-AAB courses at KCL.

A-lot of people think Cambridge is overrated but it's certainly better than whatever University that person is currently going to.

Just because I think that LSE is overrated doesn't mean it's not as good if not better than KCL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dnkz7)
    well rated, wbu?
    I used to think they were well rated. However Vividly clear has enlightened me with his bias selective measures for why KCL is now superior to every other uni apart from Oxbridge, Imperial and LSE (basically the NOTORIOUS golden triangle unis lol). As a result ...

Spoiler:
    Show
    they are overrated

ReputationRep:
    A-lot of people think Cambridge is overrated but it's certainly better than whatever University that person is currently going to.

Just because I think that LSE is overrated doesn't mean it's not as good if not better than KCL.
    lol they go to your uni bro

ReputationRep:
    KCL is also superior to Sheffield.

Saying that doesn't make me a troll, nor does it translate a *****y answer.
    You still don't get it do you?

Spoiler:
    Show
    KCL isn't superior to any university :laugh: stop acting as if they are up to Oxbridge's level

PS - Stop trolling...

ReputationRep:
    I used to think they were well rated. However Vividly clear has enlightened me with his bias selective measures for why KCL is now superior to every other uni apart from Oxbridge, Imperial and LSE (basically the NOTORIOUS golden triangle unis lol). As a result ...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    they are overrated
    (Original post by Dnkz7)
    You still don't get it do you?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    KCL isn't superior to any university :laugh: stop acting as if they are up to Oxbridge's level

PS - Stop trolling...

LOL, you guys are hilarious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dnkz7)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BabyLadDarren)
    ^ Im laughing at your user name, nice try bro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dnkz7)
    ^ Im laughing at your user name, nice try bro
    You're laughing at his username?

oh the irony

ReputationRep:
    You're laughing at his username?

oh the irony
    Vividly Clear isnt a good one either but alright m8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dnkz7)

You, and many others in this thread don't seem to understand what the words underrated or overrated mean. It doesn't mean simply mean something is better or worse. I could say apples are overrated and bananas underrated. That doesn't mean I prefer bananas to apples. Just that general opinion rates them incorrectly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speckle)
    You, and many others in this thread don't seem to understand what the words underrated or overrated mean. It doesn't mean simply mean something is better or worse. I could say apples are overrated and bananas underrated. That doesn't mean I prefer bananas to apples. Just that general opinion rates them incorrectly.

Oh god now you've said it, that is so true :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speckle)
    I told him this exact same thing but he still didn't get it.

Saying LSE is overrated doesn't mean KCL is better @Dnkz7 you Putz

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.