Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When will the religious people realize there is NO afterlife ? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saran23)
    Of course they have seen fire and heat etc. But the concept of energy and the law's of conservations were only derived recently. The earliest anyone came to describe energy was about 4th century BC but in Hinduism our deity has been worshipped earlier than this date.
    That's not the discovery of energy, merely finding mathematical ways to describe it. And I'm not really sure what your point is, worshipping a deity for thousands of years does not make it any more likely to exist.

ReputationRep:
    Religious people , I hope you are ready to be DEAD FOREVER because that is what awaits us all !!!!!!!.
    NO AFTER LIFE !!!!!

No eternal BBQ in "heaven" with "allah" the arab,"jesus","buddah" , "jeovah", or"bramahn" for you !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viktronix57285)
    Religious people , I hope you are ready to be DEAD FOREVER because that is what awaits us all !!!!!!!.
    NO AFTER LIFE !!!!!

No eternal BBQ in heaven with allah the arab,jesus,buddah , jehovah , or vishno for you !!!
    Sorry to dissapoint you religious people , but when we die , we do not go to heaven or hell or get re incarnated , but rathar our meat and flesh decomposes and maggots eat our brains , and all that's left of us FOR ALL ETERNITY is a ****ing DEAD skeleton.

ReputationRep:
    WE are all going to be ****ing DEAD FOREVER the second we die.

ReputationRep:
    Guaranteed replies
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaredofdeath)
    There is NO life after death.
    We are our bodies , more precisely our brains.
    There is no such thing as a "soul".
    There is no such thing as "heaven" " hell" .
    These are all inventions of the religious people.
    No one is going to reborn , we only live once.
    You'll be dead. Why does it matter?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just like you think that there is "no proof that god or our religion" doesn't exist, then its vice versa to you too - there is also no proof that there is no afterlife. And guess what, we just seem to believe in that because its OUR CHOICE, and if you'd realise it; well thats exactly why we call what we believe in, as a "faith" and not a "scientific study" , therefore we don't need proof. So you believe in your belief(s) and i'll believe in mine until i die.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssoliman00)
    Just like you think that there is "no proof that god or our religion" doesn't exist, then its vice versa to you too - there is also no proof that there is no afterlife. And guess what, we just seem to believe in that because its OUR CHOICE, and if you'd realise it; well thats exactly why we call what we believe in, as a "faith" and not a "scientific study" , therefore we don't need proof. So you believe in your belief(s) and i'll believe in mine until i die.
    "soliman" you are not going to have a BBQ in" heaven" with "allah" the arab and 72 arabic virgins from egypt ,your going to rot and become a ****ing skeleton for all eternity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viktronix57285)
    "soliman" you are not going to have a BBQ in" heaven" with "allah" the arab and 72 arabic virgins from egypt ,your going to rot and become a ****ing skeleton for all eternity.
    it really makes me laugh to see people like you who think they know about my religion more than i do, and well you can type all you want but guess what, as you atheists always ask for "proof" of our faith and god, i want to see your proof as to why what you wrote doesn't exist.. Not saying i believe in what you said there but i just want to see the proof that says this stuff doesn't exist as thats always what you guys ask for..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    That's not the discovery of energy, merely finding mathematical ways to describe it. And I'm not really sure what your point is, worshipping a deity for thousands of years does not make it any more likely to exist.
    "Mathematical ways" which enabled scientists to construct models of the universe which in turn helped them understand how energy governs the universe. My reason for mentioning how long we have been worshipping our deities is to give you the indication that she dawned from our spiritual beliefs and not because of simple scientific observations. Science has only cemented our beliefs as I mentioned earlier. We simply did not assume energy was a god after seeing it. We felt it from the beginning, my personal belief is that without Shakti there is nothing.

We Hindu's do believe in multiverses, but as a scientist I also believe in the Big Bang. I believe that each universe in the multiverse originates from a singularity. The Big Bang is Shakti and her powers are limitless(Omnipotent) she is powering all the galaxies we see from our telescopes and beyond. You see her Omniscient blessings to humanity given in the form of Einstein, Newton, Galileo etc. From the stars to even an amoeba she is present everywhere(Omnipresent). This is how I view my Shakti.

I give everything you see, hear and feel as my evidence that god exists.

I believe Shakti is in everyone. God is in us all.

(My personal beliefs btw)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    Honestly, how in the world does EVERY religious thread end up with a debate on Islam, a mention of isis, something about muhammed being a pedophile, the mention of sex slaves?
    Because usually, someone make a claim or statement involving these things that requires a correction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaredofdeath)
    No , it's the TRUTH.
    The only TRUTH.
    Man, you're sounding almost religious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saran23)
    "Mathematical ways" which enabled scientists to construct models of the universe which in turn helped them understand how energy governs the universe. My reason for mentioning how long we have been worshipping our deities is to give you the indication that she dawned from our spiritual beliefs and not because of simple scientific observations. Science has only cemented our beliefs as I mentioned earlier. We simply did not assume energy was a god after seeing it. We felt it from the beginning, my personal belief is that without Shakti there is nothing.

We Hindu's do believe in multiverses, but as a scientist I also believe in the Big Bang. I believe that each universe in the multiverse originates from a singularity. The Big Bang is Shakti and her powers are limitless(Omnipotent) she is powering all the galaxies we see from our telescopes and beyond. You see her Omniscient blessings to humanity given in the form of Einstein, Newton, Galileo etc. From the stars to even an amoeba she is present everywhere(Omnipresent). This is how I view my Shakti.

I give everything you see, hear and feel as my evidence that god exists.

I believe Shakti is in everyone. God is in us all.

(My personal beliefs btw)
    Yes, it is how you view the world as what is essentially a pantheist. I understand this well as I used to be one, but the bottom line is that it is still an unfounded assumption. There is no evidence that there is an all pervading spirit or consciousness. It's certainly a much nicer and more elegant idea than the Abrahamic deity though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssoliman00)
    it really makes me laugh to see people like you who think they know about my religion more than i do, and well you can type all you want but guess what, as you atheists always ask for "proof" of our faith and god, i want to see your proof as to why what you wrote doesn't exist.. Not saying i believe in what you said there but i just want to see the proof that says this stuff doesn't exist as thats always what you guys ask for..
    Well the burden of proof is on you to prove God's real if that's what you're asserting. After all, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahaitsme)
    so there's two ways to go about this.....either we live and die and that's it or we live and live and live and tbh both are just as possible as eachother.
    Not really. We have clear evidence of people living and dying. There is no evidence for people living and living and living. It is possible that there is an afterlife, but there is no evidence for it, so it is less probable than an outcome for which we do have evidence, ie. all signs of consciousness disappearing as the physical brain dies. Also, every experiment devised to test the validity of "afterlife" experiences have failed to produce any results.

I mean do you see air? No right? but it's still there . It still exists around us whether or not it is visible to the human eye. Now do you see God? No? but if air cannot be seen but in existent what's different when it comes to God?
    I guess you haven't studied any chemistry?
    Air can be detected. It can be analysed and reproduced and experimented on. We can make predictions about air and then test them. It is only invisible to our eyes at visible wavelengths.

On the other hand, god is entirely undetectable, in any way. He also has no quantative, detectable influence on anything. In scientific terms there is no difference between god and nothing.

Basically, believing in God and/or life after death doesn't in reality do any harm and therefore no-one should have a problem in religious people and their beliefs -.-
    While this is true for many people, it is obviously not so for others. A quick glance through history, or look through recent newspapers will clearly show the dangers of religious beliefs taken too seriously. It is just bonkers to claim that religion doesn't harm anyone!

ReputationRep:
    While I myself find the idea of afterlife a ridiculous concept, you're starting to preach it like a crazy religion devotee yourself... people can believe in whatever fantasies they want as long as it doesn't affect me

ReputationRep:
    Hang on how can u be so sure ther is no afterlife aswell?

U dont believe in an afterlife and die and then find out there is indeed an afterlife your in trouble

i believe afterlife and if there is no afterlife i havent lost anything .

The proofs of afterlife are so many if u believe in God

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kindred)
    Fair enough "science" may not have been the right word to use right there. But th may things that we used to believe as fact that we now know are not.
    Exactly. You are talking about people believing stuff without evidence.

Science is not infallible either. Many many scientific discoveries have been disproven later- it's how science evolves. In the 20th century scientists believed that the earth was constantly expanding. If people had all accepted that as undeniable fact then we would never have looked into it further and never discovered what we now know about plate techtonics.
    Your facts are based on your knowledge of other things and your ability to test. Back before we knew the earth wasn't flat the best way people could test it was to look. Later somebody came a long with new ways to test things and that's when things changed. People probably still tested it before just not in a way we would see as counting.
    But no scientist ever claims a particular theory or conclusion to be absolute, immutable fact. As you say, science works because we are always attempting to disprove ideas, and develop new ones, which we keep testing until they fail. If they do not fail, we accept it as the best explanation until a better one is developed.
    The point is...science works! Planes fly, computers accurately process mindboggling amounts of information, medicines cure disease, etc, etc. We don't believe these things work - they actually do!

And when new developments are made, scientists do not claim that it is offensive, or racist, or whatever, to criticise and point out their failings. They say, "Fair enough, let's move on and do it better".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    I'm not muslim, but if I saw my religion being bashed constantly by everyone, it would probably bring me to tears. Like people forget, this is someones belief system. People devote time and effort to their religion, they have a great deal of respect for their Prophet muhammad and Allah etc, so how can you be so insulting?
    Just because someone is really into something, that does not mean that we shouldn't be allowed to criticise it.

Some people put their entire lives into hunting for sport. It is everything to them. Does that mean we can't criticise them for killing animals for fun?

If someone told you that your mother was a whore and your father was a pedophile, how would you take that? Your parents are people you have a huge deal of respect for, so to see someone bashing them will clearly create upset and frustration.
    I wouldn't be happy, but if they then showed me evidence that my mum had been turning tricks and my dad had been having sex with children, I'd just have to accept it.
    Look, I understand that some Muslims aren't happy about being shown that their religion condones slavery, wife beating, killing people for their beliefs or sexuality, or that their perfect prophet had sex with a child and had people tortured to death (although some just accept it, because if it is part of Islam, it must be acceptable!)

My point is, we can talk about islam, like anything else in the world without being disrespectful.
    Respect is earned, not demanded.

(Original post by Cruxell)
    forget about your imaginary friends and kys
    Personally I agree with you but you need to remember that you don't know whether afterlife is possible which means your statement/opinion is just lame

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.