Birmingham Medicine 2017 entry Watch

carpe.noctem
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by livvy1505)
Ahh really!! Thank you so much, good luck with hearing back hopefully we'll hear from them soon!
Yeah lol, Hull-york said we would hear back from them near the end of November and Liverpool interviews in February so we shouldn't expect to hear anything back till at least January, anyway good luck with your interview prep I hope your Birmingham interview goes amazing.
mancmed
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What u reckon cut off will be?
livvy1505
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by nihil_nimis)
Yeah lol, Hull-york said we would hear back from them near the end of November and Liverpool interviews in February so we shouldn't expect to hear anything back till at least January, anyway good luck with your interview prep I hope your Birmingham interview goes amazing.
Ahh okay thank you for that info thank you so much, hope you get on well too in any of your future interviews.
ReeJess99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by isabella1999)
Anyone chosen December 2nd at 12?
Same day but an earlier time for me
isabella1999
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by ReeJess99)
Same day but an earlier time for me
Ooo exciting! The spaces on Monday 5th were literally flying, was trying to work out why so many people wanted that date 😂
ReeJess99
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by isabella1999)
Ooo exciting! The spaces on Monday 5th were literally flying, was trying to work out why so many people wanted that date 😂
Are you sure that it wasn't that the Monday spaces went flying, but that there were less of them, thus making it seem as if they were flying? Does that even make sense? I don't even know.. my brain is frazzled with BMAT:banghead:
isabella1999
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by ReeJess99)
Are you sure that it wasn't that the Monday spaces went flying, but that there were less of them, thus making it seem as if they were flying? Does that even make sense? I don't even know.. my brain is frazzled with BMAT:banghead:
I'm not sure, there may have been less but I saw it go from like 19 to 6 real quick. Hahahaah same I nean maybe this past day has all been a dream ANd I will wake up about the start the BMAT again... imagine
Mudas
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Argh, still haven't got an email I have a score of 8.9 - starting to worry me now :P
mancmed
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by HarrisonGCSE)
Argh, still haven't got an email I have a score of 8.9 - starting to worry me now :P
Mate u have one dw. I have 7.75, starting to think im not gonna get one now
Picturesque2016
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Any interviews received today??
username2845206
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Picturesque2016)
Any interviews received today??
Not on my end, this could just be the first batch of emails and there could be a second batch later in the month for later dates perhaps? Fingers crossed there's more to come
strandsfinest
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Don't panic. These are the first batch. There will be plenty more and they will be spread out, so not hearing immediately is by no means a problem. Just look at any of the past years' discussions and you'll see nearly word for word the same fears expressed at this time by people with lower but still great scores. It is going to be OK.
Picturesque2016
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by elish2chambers)
Not on my end, this could just be the first batch of emails and there could be a second batch later in the month for later dates perhaps? Fingers crossed there's more to come
Yes, let's hope so!
Picturesque2016
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by strandsfinest)
Don't panic. These are the first batch. There will be plenty more and they will be spread out, so not hearing immediately is by no means a problem. Just look at any of the past years' discussions and you'll see nearly word for word the same fears expressed at this time by people with lower but still great scores. It is going to be OK.
Thanks, that's comforting! My score is 7.8, any chance of it being considered in the next batch?
Sulee
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by emelinaw)
Which dates and times have people been choosing? I've gone for 6th December at 10AM
6th december 2:15
alde123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by aminaarif)
5th december 2.15, I had 10A*s and a 760 UKCAT, which gave a score of 10 on the calculator
That's the same time as me! What are you doing to prepare?
livvy1505
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
5th december 2.15, I had 10A*s and a 760 UKCAT, which gave a score of 10 on the calculator
I'm at this time too!!
livvy1505
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It seems really popular! How are you planning to prepare?
I'm going try and read more medical news to try and prepare for the debates and then read about the ethics. Feel like it'll be quite hard to properly prepare for the MMI stations though because never really know exactly what we're going to get
alde123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm not too sure tbh, they have a detailed description of each station which is so useful, maybe just read up on ethics, think about answers to motivation to medicine questions. what about you?
My school is giving us a mock interview next week and I'm looking over the ethics advice pages on the MedicPortal. I'm also checking out BBC news and New Scientist. Do you know when they send out final offers?
livvy1505
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by alde123)
My school is giving us a mock interview next week and I'm looking over the ethics advice pages on the MedicPortal. I'm also checking out BBC news and New Scientist. Do you know when they send out final offers?
Ahh hopefully that'll be helpful then, I've found the MedicPortal good too. I read on the information from Birmingham that after the first interviews the top 50% get offers straight away, the bottom 20% get rejected and the rest find out after all the interviews in March.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1168)
79.35%
Leave (304)
20.65%

Watched Threads