Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASNaC)
    It pales in comparison to the books. I similarly thought the movie of the Fellowship of the Ring was the best of the lot - I don't know why so many people prefer the movie of Return of the King. :confused:
    So i've been told...i'll reserve comment for when i've actually read them. And i agree..first film is the best....cos it's really really dark and scary..especially in Moria!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    So i've been told...i'll reserve comment for when i've actually read them. And i agree..first film is the best....cos it's really really dark and scary..especially in Moria!!!
    I meant the films. First book is probably the best, though I really am unsure - I love them all (have read them something like six times ).

ReputationRep:
    I enjoyed the third film the most, as everything was coming to a head and the tension was at its peak. I also thought the third film had more emotional variety and intensity than the other two, which seemed to involve a lot of extended hikes and digressions (though I did like the Rohan storyline and the battle of Helm's Deep). Can't wait for the ROTK extended dvd, but am distraught at the thought that my LOTR christmas fix is over

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, from best Cambridge college to LotR in just a few pages! Can't be bothered to read the intervening ones to work out how this happened.

Everyone knows it's Clare, anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Everyone knows it's Clare, anyway
    I think I'm going to declare myself a Clare cheerleader, partly to annoy Shiny (who threatened to attack me with a hammer), partly because I think it's a bit similar to Corpus, Oxford (which is obviously fabulous), and partly because it might give me some access to the thousands of posts you Tabs manage to rack up on, er, um, not very much, really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H&E)
    I think I'm going to declare myself a Clare cheerleader, partly to annoy Shiny (who threatened to attack me with a hammer), partly because I think it's a bit similar to Corpus, Oxford (which is obviously fabulous), and partly because it might give me some access to the thousands of posts you Tabs manage to rack up on, er, um, not very much, really.
    Yay! Welcome on board H&E! Feel the Clare love

Go Yellow Fire!

ReputationRep:

Go Yellow Fire!
    Easy, Tiger! I'm going to ease myself into this gently, thank you very much.

ReputationRep:

Go Yellow Fire!
    Lol....well...i really should be touting Caius as the best college in the world..but i can't bring myself to hate Clare....such a lovely college!!

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H&E)
    I think I'm going to declare myself a Clare cheerleader, partly to annoy Shiny (who threatened to attack me with a hammer),
    How horrid AND he turned down my proposal of marriage!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    How horrid AND he turned down my proposal of marriage!
    Some people just don't appreciate a good bath tub when it's right in front of them!!

G

ReputationRep:
    Lol....well...i really should be touting Caius as the best college in the world..but i can't bring myself to hate Clare....such a lovely college!!

G
    Urrrrgh, too much Clare love around this place...

Clare mings

ReputationRep:
    Where are you MNS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Where are you MNS?
    Sidney. All the best people are (except anyone famous)

ReputationRep:
    Some people just don't appreciate a good bath tub when it's right in front of them!!

G
    Exactly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    Sidney. All the best people are (except anyone famous)
    Huh..! Too central...

You want to be able to walk outside your college and know you can walk for miles without running into civilisation! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    Huh..! Too central...

You want to be able to walk outside your college and know you can walk for miles without running into civilisation! :rolleyes:

True. The number of times I've wandered across to the shops and thought 'damn, I WISH I was in the middle of nowhere'...

ReputationRep:
    True. The number of times I've wandered across to the shops and thought 'damn, I WISH I was in the middle of nowhere'...
    Do I sound like the fox who lost its tail and tried to convince all the other foxes to have theirs chopped off? Am I THAT transparent..?! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Urrrrgh, too much Clare love around this place...

Clare mings
    Nobody in their right mind can say Clare mings (with the exception of Castle end). Maybe you're just jealous Sidney doesn't have as much love

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone love Girton...?

ReputationRep:
    Trinity Rules

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.