Turn on thread page Beta

**unofficial markscheme edexcel maths november 2016** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TiaJadexx)
    Ahh right okay :L last time i was 2 marks off from getting a C so hopefully the boundary will be lower :/ which questions did you find hard today?
    Yeah, I was only one mark so I'm hoping too! :// Ummm, from what I can remember... that one about the 5 cards and having to make the even number and one about the fence pole thing and the width between them…? You?

ReputationRep:
    I did higher !!!

Did you do Foundation or Higher?[/QUOTE]

ReputationRep:
    Ahh right okay :L last time i was 2 marks off from getting a C so hopefully the boundary will be lower :/ which questions did you find hard today?
    Awrr i was 4 marks. I found it really hard. Was so tried after it it was so hard i hope i pass. How did you find it

ReputationRep:
    How many marks was the £1500 question worth?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jay___30)
    Also please may you confirm that the $1500 kitchen question was 510:500 so the second one is cheaper by 10 pounds so we can clear up confusion surrounding it
    ts a bathroom question not kitchen what the hell....have i read it incorrectly? the diffrence was >£10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1234moon)
    Yeah, I was only one mark so I'm hoping too! :// Ummm, from what I can remember... that one about the 5 cards and having to make the even number and one about the fence pole thing and the width between them...?
    I though the 5 card one was alright, not sure if i did the fence question right though :L

ReputationRep:
    I though the 5 card one was alright, not sure if i did the fence question right though :L
    What did you put? Yeah, tbh I didn't know where to start with that lool….

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eduard-Student)
    How many marks was the £1500 question worth?!
    4 i believe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1234moon)
    What did you put? Yeah, tbh I didn't know where to start with that lool….
    With the even number question i put the 4 at the end of the number as it was the only even number but i dunno if you put it at the start or end of the number :L as for the fence question i got 120cm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Im_trying)
    Awrr i was 4 marks. I found it really hard. Was so tried after it it was so hard i hope i pass. How did you find it
    I found it okay tbh apart from a few questions but i answered them all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mia32)
    Grade C 68 !!! No way they need to lower this !!

QUOTE=Progaming360;68351290]Grade D - 34/200
    Grade C - 68/200
    Grade B - 107/200
    Grade A - 139/200
    Grade A* - 168

Prediction
    [/QUOTE]

That's a terrible prediction! The general consensus is that this has been an extremely difficult test, meaning the grade boundaries will be lowered accordingly. A more realistic prediction would be:
    D - 34
    C - 59
    B - 95
    A - 128
    A* - 159

ReputationRep:
    That's a terrible prediction! The general consensus is that this has been an extremely difficult test, meaning the grade boundaries will be lowered accordingly. A more realistic prediction would be:
    D - 34
    C - 59
    B - 95
    A - 128
    A* - 159[/QUOTE]

Yes that seems more realistic. But i probaly got 15 on paper one...last exam i got 37 arghhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lokan*)
    D - 34
    C - 59
    B - 95
    A - 128
    A* - 159
    Yes that seems more realistic. But i probaly got 15 on paper one...last exam i got 37 arghhh[/QUOTE]

That was by far the hardest paper I've ever done, I need A, which for this paper is probably about 65 marks, but I feel I've done absolutely terrible, maybe even going as low as the high 50s😭. Good luck anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnonymousEric)
    Yes that seems more realistic. But i probaly got 15 on paper one...last exam i got 37 arghhh
    That was by far the hardest paper I've ever done, I need A, which for this paper is probably about 65 marks, but I feel I've done absolutely terrible, maybe even going as low as the high 50s😭. Good luck anyway.[/QUOTE]

dont give up yet you can still smash that calculator paper
    good luck

ReputationRep:
    For the, triangle one i wrote 25 as I thought it was a straight line so i added them together and took away 180. I did say it was a straight line and that = 180. Would I get any marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hassnain Aslam)
    For the, triangle one i wrote 25 as I thought it was a straight line so i added them together and took away 180. I did say it was a straight line and that = 180. Would I get any marks?

you will probably get 1 mark because you said straight line = to 180

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maths6000)
    you will probably get 1 mark because you said straight line = to 180
    what was it out of again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hassnain Aslam)
    what was it out of again?
    it was out of 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maths6000)
    it was out of 4
    i think i got 32 or 31, or 28 or 29 im not too sure. im aiming for a C. im always bad at non calculator so im guessing i did alright? Calculator is always my strength.

ReputationRep:
    Simultaneous Equations : X=5 , Y= -3
    Mean age of Girls = I got 6 Years Old
    Path Question: I got 6 bags - clearly wrong.
    Miles To KM question: i Got 200 Km left to go
    Second Question: £17.60
    Kitchen Question: The Second Choice was cheaper
    And i can't remember the others...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 26, 2017
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.