Pas grave :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    Entry no.1
    Guten Abend
    What've I done since last week?
    Stuff

Physics
    -Completed a load of questions on gravitational fields. The lowest I got was 75% - so score
    -No results back from my thermal physics test yet :hide:
    -Last week I did some revision of the AS topic of waves. I tutored and then took some harder questions to practice that topic myself. Nice topic though. Fringe patterns. Shadows. Path difference. Nice stuff :yy:.

Chemistry
    -Did some organic revision from AS. Made a synthesis chart of a mixture of AS and A2 stuff. I will put it onto a document and print it out and put it on my wall
    -
    Maths
    -2 past C3 papers. Got an A* in one and just over 80% in the other! Quite happy about that!
    Identified weaknesses = Volumes of revolution and integration :erm:
    So I know what I need to target this week!
    -Watched some videos to catch up with the start of C4 - partial fractions :hide:
    -Helped my friend with some differentiation today which helped me remember how to do the trickier questions
    EPQ
    -Got my first draft back today!
    -All I've done so far is collect some more sources and edited the formatting.
    The plan is to fill in the mid-term review in the log and then look at my books again, might get my Dad to give me some advice too

Other stuff:
    -Went to a friend's 18th party which was nice
    -Orchestra was so tiring at the weekend tho lol, so much to practise :rofl:
    -My grade 6 exam is on the 10th (so is the Orchestra Winter concert lol) so :afraid: :hide:
    -Phone has been replaced :woo:

Would've done more but preparing for ICL interview on Wednesday :hide:

Random meme for your enjoyment only :mmm:

Tagging active people, if you would like to be removed from the list, let me know

OMG I was tagged, I feel so honoured:jive::jive::jive::jive::jive:

Ugh so much Science:eek::eek2::eek3::eek4: You've done so much revision already, I think this will motivate me to revise for Geography

Keep up the good work Mademoiselle Fromage et bonne chance mercredi, il est évident que tu seras fantastique

Btw, that cat is too cute:o::o::o:
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by IKEAPanda37)
    OMG I was tagged, I feel so honoured:jive::jive::jive::jive::jive:

Ugh so much Science:eek::eek2::eek3::eek4: You've done so much revision already, I think this will motivate me to revise for Geography

Keep up the good work Mademoiselle Fromage et bonne chance mercredi, il est évident que tu seras fantastique
    haha, you are an honorable person indeed :mmm:

science :party: :rave: :party: yet I feel it is not enough :erm:, WOO GO REVISE! You can do this!
    :hugs: Merci mille fois mon ami :jumphug: J'espere que tu as raison

ReputationRep:
    haha, you are an honorable person indeed :mmm:

science :party: :rave: :party: yet I feel it is not enough :erm:, WOO GO REVISE! You can do this!
    :hugs: Merci mille fois mon ami :jumphug: J'espere que tu as raison
    PRSOM

Haha thanks:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Well its more than me so far, plus we're not even that far in the year atm Yeah, I promise I'll start (well continue) tomorrow

Rien:france::jumphug::france: Bien sur, j'ai toujours raison

:pepsi::subjontif::horse::hare::google:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PRSOM

Haha thanks:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Well its more than me so far, plus we're not even that far in the year atm Yeah, I promise I'll start (well continue) tomorrow

Rien:france::jumphug::france: Bien sur, j'ai toujours raison

:pepsi::subjontif::horse::hare::google:
    Congrats on your offer btw :mmm:
    bonne chance :hugs:
    I love the subjonctif emoji XD :rofl: I was the only one who liked it last year XD

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on your offer btw :mmm:
    bonne chance :hugs:
    I love the subjonctif emoji XD :rofl: I was the only one who liked it last year XD
    Aww thank you:jumphug:
    Bonne chance à toi aussi (Not that you need it, you've got this:thumbsup:)
    Haha I love it I don't see the point of the subjunctive but I love using it anyway Also intrigued as to who made the emoji and why

:france::france::france::subjontif::france::france::france:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Aww thank you:jumphug:
    Bonne chance à toi aussi (Not that you need it, you've got this:thumbsup:)
    Haha I love it I don't see the point of the subjunctive but I love using it anyway Also intrigued as to who made the emoji and why

:france::france::france::subjontif::france::france::france:
    :hugs:
    no I need it
    :five: XD me too XD we should ask around :rofl:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Entry no.1
    Guten Abend
    What've I done since last week?
    Stuff

Physics
    -Completed a load of questions on gravitational fields. The lowest I got was 75% - so score
    -No results back from my thermal physics test yet :hide:
    -Last week I did some revision of the AS topic of waves. I tutored and then took some harder questions to practice that topic myself. Nice topic though. Fringe patterns. Shadows. Path difference. Nice stuff :yy:.

Chemistry
    -Did some organic revision from AS. Made a synthesis chart of a mixture of AS and A2 stuff. I will put it onto a document and print it out and put it on my wall
    -
    Maths
    -2 past C3 papers. Got an A* in one and just over 80% in the other! Quite happy about that!
    Identified weaknesses = Volumes of revolution and integration :erm:
    So I know what I need to target this week!
    -Watched some videos to catch up with the start of C4 - partial fractions :hide:
    -Helped my friend with some differentiation today which helped me remember how to do the trickier questions
    EPQ
    -Got my first draft back today!
    -All I've done so far is collect some more sources and edited the formatting.
    The plan is to fill in the mid-term review in the log and then look at my books again, might get my Dad to give me some advice too

Other stuff:
    -Went to a friend's 18th party which was nice
    -Orchestra was so tiring at the weekend tho lol, so much to practise :rofl:
    -My grade 6 exam is on the 10th (so is the Orchestra Winter concert lol) so :afraid: :hide:
    -Phone has been replaced :woo:

Would've done more but preparing for ICL interview on Wednesday :hide:

Random meme for your enjoyment only :mmm:

Tagging active people, if you would like to be removed from the list, let me know

Woo, congrats!!

Spoiler:
    Show

Kind of jealous that math/science people get past papers with short and long answer questions, instead of just piles of essays like us art/humanities students
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    Woo, congrats!!

Spoiler:
    Show

Kind of jealous that math/science people get past papers with short and long answer questions, instead of just piles of essays like us art/humanities students

thanks
    Spoiler:
    Show

haha well EPQ is an essay
    but I help lots of students with their French essays so
    Can say I'm quite glad to not have them though
    12 marker Chemistry questions are my favourites tho XD

ReputationRep:
    :elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant:
    :excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited:

:clip: Dw CheeseIsVeg, everything's fine, Clippy's rooting for you too!

:parrot::snowman: These are supposed to represent luck in some bizarre way :lol:

Hopefully it'll be like the York interview!! (It was York, right? I forget )
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Kamara7)
    :elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant:
    :excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited:

:clip: Dw CheeseIsVeg, everything's fine, Clippy's rooting for you too!

:parrot::snowman: These are supposed to represent luck in some bizarre way :lol:

Hopefully it'll be like the York interview!! (It was York, right? I forget )
    I'd be surprised to get an offer after that, it was so hard! I didn't even understand what they wanted me to do :erm:

ReputationRep:
    I'd be surprised to get an offer after that, it was so hard! I didn't even understand what they wanted me to do :erm:
    You've endured it! :cube: :jumphug:

What did they want you to do??

ReputationRep:
    Damn I'm behind
    Oops
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by AppleB)
    Damn I'm behind
    Oops
    :lovie: Apple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Entry no.2
    Bonjour! :france:
    So apart from becoming incredibly ill (yay diseases :party:) I've done some work :hide: but not a lot lol

I had my ICL interview which was really hard I don't think it was too great, I'll know in 2 weeks time of my rejection

I had a chat with my form Tutor about how College is going so far.
    My report is as follows:
    EPQ - 1A
    Chemistry - 2B
    Physics - 2B
    Maths - 2B

the number is the "effort" grade. Highest/best is 1 and lowest is 5.

Comparing them to my grades this time last year, there is an improvement!
    (Last year I had a nervous breakdown :rofl: mainly because of physics - but I picked myself up :yep:)
    I discussed with my Tutor. Main issues are that I seem to fall short of my target grade on topic tests - at the moment it is mostly a time thing (I've had interviews around the time of the test) and catching up from missed lessons :hide:

Action plan is to focus on these topics and to do some timed questions/papers :yep:

Also I have my interview at Birmingham University on Wednesday so :hide:

Anyway onwards!

Physics
    -Mainly catchup - I missed a double lesson on Electrical fields :facepalm: and I have a test on Thursday :afraid:
    -Today I'll be watching a few videos and using the textbook to tackle some questions - I am thinking of going to a workshop next week to clarify some stuff I don't understand :yep:
    -I had an INSET day on Friday and so instead of tutoring my Tutee, over Facebook and email, I helped explain interference patterns and the double slit formula w= lamda D/s
    -Then I did a few questions myself - THIS WEEK I shall be focussing on Electricity! (one of my weaker AS topics )

Chemistry
    -I've done lots of work this week on AS/A2 synthetic routes! Also reading
    -Made 2 handmade mindmaps of the mechanisms/reactions I need to learn! I will be Computerising them soon
    -Today/this week I will be focussing on learning those routes - particuarly those involved with Nitriles and phenol/benzene and doing some questions on them
    Maths
    - C3 past papers really I need to revise integration and differentiation - maybe make a quizlet.
    -Learnt my trig identities though :banana2: that's nice :rofl:
    -Got some homework and managed to catch up with C4 yesterday, will try some questions and am good to go ! :woo:
    EPQ
    -Not a lot with this! Just reading and editing from the first draft feedback! Also filling out my mid-term review page thing! Will get my Dad/friends to have a read for some suggestions but it's not first on my list yet

Other stuff:
    -I evolved a WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    -Orchestra was bant lololol - so my section hadn't practised the hard part of the Nutracker, so my conductor made everyone do solos :rofl: Learnt their lessons amirite :lol:
    -Really excited for next week! Going to watch some French films recommended by iEthan, thanks! :hugs:

Random meme - how can I forget?

It's been a hell of a week but I'm trying to stay positive and am looking forward to the journey to Birmingham (don't ask why but I love long journeys (5 hours lol))
    Hope you aren't as ill as me :rofl:
    #Cheeeeeeese

ReputationRep:
    Ayy I live in Birmingham

Good luck - I hear they’re giving unconditionals if you’ve great grades
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by frankielogue)
    Ayy I live in Birmingham

Good luck - I hear they’re giving unconditionals if you’ve great grades
    wahayy :five:
    :hide:
    Thanks

Entry no.2
    Bonjour! :france:
    So apart from becoming incredibly ill (yay diseases :party:) I've done some work :hide: but not a lot lol

I had my ICL interview which was really hard I don't think it was too great, I'll know in 2 weeks time of my rejection

I had a chat with my form Tutor about how College is going so far.
    My report is as follows:
    EPQ - 1A
    Chemistry - 2B
    Physics - 2B
    Maths - 2B

the number is the "effort" grade. Highest/best is 1 and lowest is 5.

Comparing them to my grades this time last year, there is an improvement!
    (Last year I had a nervous breakdown :rofl: mainly because of physics - but I picked myself up :yep:)
    I discussed with my Tutor. Main issues are that I seem to fall short of my target grade on topic tests - at the moment it is mostly a time thing (I've had interviews around the time of the test) and catching up from missed lessons :hide:

Action plan is to focus on these topics and to do some timed questions/papers :yep:

Also I have my interview at Birmingham University on Wednesday so :hide:

Anyway onwards!

Physics
    -Mainly catchup - I missed a double lesson on Electrical fields :facepalm: and I have a test on Thursday :afraid:
    -Today I'll be watching a few videos and using the textbook to tackle some questions - I am thinking of going to a workshop next week to clarify some stuff I don't understand :yep:
    -I had an INSET day on Friday and so instead of tutoring my Tutee, over Facebook and email, I helped explain interference patterns and the double slit formula w= lamda D/s
    -Then I did a few questions myself - THIS WEEK I shall be focussing on Electricity! (one of my weaker AS topics )

Chemistry
    -I've done lots of work this week on AS/A2 synthetic routes! Also reading
    -Made 2 handmade mindmaps of the mechanisms/reactions I need to learn! I will be Computerising them soon
    -Today/this week I will be focussing on learning those routes - particuarly those involved with Nitriles and phenol/benzene and doing some questions on them
    Maths
    - C3 past papers really I need to revise integration and differentiation - maybe make a quizlet.
    -Learnt my trig identities though :banana2: that's nice :rofl:
    -Got some homework and managed to catch up with C4 yesterday, will try some questions and am good to go ! :woo:
    EPQ
    -Not a lot with this! Just reading and editing from the first draft feedback! Also filling out my mid-term review page thing! Will get my Dad/friends to have a read for some suggestions but it's not first on my list yet

Other stuff:
    -I evolved a WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    -Orchestra was bant lololol - so my section hadn't practised the hard part of the Nutracker, so my conductor made everyone do solos :rofl: Learnt their lessons amirite :lol:
    -Really excited for next week! Going to watch some French films recommended by iEthan, thanks! :hugs:

Random meme - how can I forget?

It's been a hell of a week but I'm trying to stay positive and am looking forward to the journey to Birmingham (don't ask why but I love long journeys (5 hours lol))
    Hope you aren't as ill as me :rofl:
    #Cheeeeeeese

Ah, your effort is really good, keep it up Chesse!
    Get well soon though

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.