1234moon
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by azizadil1998)
Australia looks really niceee and the people are noice, ESPECIALLY THE GURLS
Loooooool that's all you need, right? :rofl:

I'd go Canada. It is beautiful and the guys are just perfect ngl....
Aniki_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'd go to New Zealand, it's like a whole country of British countryside! The accent is cute, too.
azizadil1998
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 1234moon)
Loooooool that's all you need, right? :rofl:

I'd go Canada. It is beautiful and the guys are just perfect ngl....
Yes of course my life is complete then!! nah I'm just kidding but it would be like a completely different experience on literally the other end of the globe so i'd just find it interesting I suppose Australian people which I know have just been nice in general so that helps too lool
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This thread makes me lol.

Apart from a small number of answers for France, almost no one says they'd like to live in another EU state - which would seem to suggest, on this unscientific example, that many students don't give a hoot about living in the EU (but do want to live in Australia, Canada and the US).

But the largest number of people crying about how their lives would be ruined by Brexit curtailing their life choices to live and work in the EU.....were students.

Also the irony that for most people - Canada, the US and Australia are the countries least likely to let them come and stay.
acupofgreentea
Badges: 13
Report 2 years ago
Canada or a Nordic country. :yep:
Trinculo
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by yudothis)
This threads is about which country you would live in...
Yes. And I wouldn't live in Switzerland because it is culturally and institutionally a racist nation. Something which you cannot bring yourself to say; even though you have set out your stall on several occasions as someone "who calls out racism".

This sounds to me very much like Chakrabartism. You prosecute with all your might the bigotry that you don't like; and awkwardly look away from that which you do.

On point : The Swiss have a track record of racist policies and voting in very large numbers for ultra nationalist parties- the most in Europe. Why would anyone here want to go and live there? To live in a "whiter" society?
Luke7456
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Short term probably somewhere warm and nice like Mexico or Barbados. Or somewhere with a culture I like Eg America.

However Long term I believe the west is doomed, and smaller less able to defend themselves states will fall victim to the western world, Whilst I have Hope in Trump with everything that is against him I am not sure he can save us. I believe if anyone can he can but still its a massive challenge. Ultimately the biggest hope for the world is China. So probs long term China.

Though I really think its likely game over and we will go into a second dark ages to which we will never ever emerge from. until eventually a comet wipes us out entirely as a species and hopefully some other species maybe Crows? could in time evolve and grow in intelligence to take our place.
yudothis
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Trinculo)
Yes. And I wouldn't live in Switzerland because it is culturally and institutionally a racist nation. Something which you cannot bring yourself to say; even though you have set out your stall on several occasions as someone "who calls out racism".

This sounds to me very much like Chakrabartism. You prosecute with all your might the bigotry that you don't like; and awkwardly look away from that which you do.

On point : The Swiss have a track record of racist policies and voting in very large numbers for ultra nationalist parties- the most in Europe. Why would anyone here want to go and live there? To live in a "whiter" society?
Suit yourself. I have told you why your examples aren't racist and that living here compared to living in the UK is a much less racist experience.

But believe what you want to believe.
ward47
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I would like to travel extensively but I'd have to say I think the UK will always be home.
spanker
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
New Zealand!
They get free full body massages!

(Too soon?)
MdE77
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by UWS)
If you were given the chance to live in another country, where would it be?

And why? Discuss.

I would pick Australia, why? Strange things happen there...

P.S. I expect puns.
I'd go for New Zealand, in spite of the earthquakes . . .
username2585877
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
USA or Japan

America is a nice place with big houses, and I like the concept of the ‘American Dream’
Japan seems like a sound country in general ngl
Warrior Gene
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MdE77)
I'd go for New Zealand, in spite of the earthquakes . . .
No Australia because of roos?
UWS
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by acupofgreentea)
Canada or a Nordic country. :yep:
Nordic countries are cool

See what I did there?

(Original post by ward47)
I would like to travel extensively but I'd have to say I think the UK will always be home.
I agree.

(Original post by frankielogue)
USA or Japan

America is a nice place with big houses, and I like the concept of the ‘American Dream’
Japan seems like a sound country in general ngl
Sushi :mmm:
parsn1p
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AperfectBalance)
America.

Better gun laws.

More things to do

More opportunities for my line of work

Would like a bigger house.

Although I would leave it for about a month or so, as everything will hopefully blow over (Riots and election stuff)
How do they have better gun laws when ANYBODY, including mentally ill people have access to guns with potentially lethal consequences?

And whoever repped you must have serious issues.
AperfectBalance
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by parsn1p)
How do they have better gun laws when ANYBODY, including mentally ill people have access to guns with potentially lethal consequences?

And whoever repped you must have serious issues.
I have already justified myself, read the other posts I made.
Tsar101
Badges: 15
Report 2 years ago
Switzerland
AlexBakSik
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Probably Hong Kong, China. It's an amazing city.
parsn1p
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Oh, and to answer the question, North Korea. Then I would appreciate a lot more the freedom we have in this country.
UWS
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by parsn1p)
Oh, and to answer the question, North Korea. Then I would appreciate a lot more the freedom we have in this country.
Hope you like freedom.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.6%
Excited (156)
9.18%
Worried (305)
17.95%
Terrified (378)
22.25%
Meh (163)
9.59%
Confused (37)
2.18%