Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biggles)
    Yes, it is very obvious. And so why did Adhsur and PQ not suggest this? After all, they are intelligent people…
    NTL showed me how to use proxy servers, for god sake they recommended it to me incase I feared that I was under threat in terms of hackers etc.!

(Original post by Invisible)
    He's using proxy severs so that you don't trace his real IP and hence he can't get in trouble.

Isn't this bloody obvious? Do you lot really think he's some guy from a brazilian university?

Jesus...
    why would it be obvious? we have americans, chinese and several other students from different countries participating in this forum, so why would brazilian be any different?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Yes- I can't tell teh email he registered with. But in his profile his email is whistle blower.

And and....*drum roll*

His referrer is DazYa777
    As suspected! The Freeweb gave it away early on!!!

(Original post by swatfa1)
    why would it be obvious? we have americans, chinese and several other students from different countries participating in this forum, so why would brazilian be any different?
    Maybe you’re in league with Ah-zur and PQ too? Perhaps you were the one to put those rockets on PQ's boyfriend's wheelchair?

NTL showed me how to use proxy servers, for god sake they recommended it to me incase I feared that I was under threat in terms of hackers etc.!
    Interesting - PQ and Alqueda suggested such a measure to you yet proclaim ignorance of it...
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Biggles)
    Maybe you’re in league with Ah-zur and PQ too? Perhaps you were the one to put those rockets on PQ's boyfriend's wheelchair?
    Have you been taking the white pills instead of the blue ones again?

ReputationRep:
    Option 1 - The guy wants people to trace his IP so that he gets into trouble, and he's able to travel to China, Brazil and Switzerland everyday.

Option 2 - The hacker uses proxies so that he can't be traced and hence get into trouble, and he didn't travel to 3 different continents in 3 days.

You're saying that option 2 isn't obvious? Bloody hell, we may as well not bother finding out who it is if you can't even see this...

(Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Have you been taking the white pills instead of the blue ones again?
    Adhsur said a similar thing when asked whether Vienna should be a mod: “Someone's been eating the wrong mushrooms...”

Maybe you an Alqueda are one and the same person? Or clones? Yes, I think clones is probably it. Unidentical clones.

ReputationRep:
    Option 1 - The guy wants people to trace his IP so that he gets into trouble, and he's able to travel to China, Brazil and Switzerland everyday.

Option 2 - The hacker uses proxies so that he can't be traced and hence get into trouble, and he didn't travel to 3 different continents in 3 days.

You're saying that option 2 isn't obvious? Bloody hell, we may as well not bother finding out who it is if you can't even see this...
    What swafta is saying is feasible, but only if you assume there is more than one person doing this stuff. I.e. people all over the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    rockets? :rolleyes:

Coolas!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poop)
    What swafta is saying is feasible, but only if you assume there is more than one person doing this stuff. I.e. people all over the world.
    Feasible, but much less likely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poop)
    I wasn't talking about "physically possible", I was talking about the obvious option, which was numebr 2. She said before that it wasn't obvious, but it clearly is.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't talking about "physically possible", I was talking about the obvious option, which was numebr 2. She said before that it wasn't obvious, but it clearly is.

I just assumed everyone would agree that it must be proxy sservers.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    I just assumed everyone would agree that it must be proxy sservers.

MB
    Yes, you're right to have assumed that, but from the responses in this thread most have thought "ooo, the IP came up as a random brazilian university, let's ring them and we'll find out who it is. ".

all im saying is that we shouldnt rule out the 'possibility' that the hacker is from brazil.

As far as Dazyaa is concerned, he did not hack anything himself, so its almost certain that he got help. Il try and contact him.

ReputationRep:
    all im saying is that we shouldnt rule out the 'possibility' that the hacker is from brazil.

As far as Dazyaa is concerned, he did not hack anything himself, so its almost certain that he got help. Il try and contact him.
    What makes you so sure Daz's involved?

ReputationRep:
    Yes we should, because it's clear the hacker is using proxies so he doesn't get traced, and actually it is virtually impossible to travel to 3 different continents in 3 days.

You are being extremely naive in my opinion - If you want to ring a random brazilian university in the amazon, then do so, but I doubt they'll have a clue what you're talking about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    I'm not sure, he certainly "wants" to get involved, but I think saying it's due to Daz is dodgy to - He told me on MSN that he knew 2 people who did a lot of the hacking; on UKL he exaggerated the role he played to make himself look really good with computers etc.

(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    1) Daz has the liking of the same website for free space

2) Daz admitted to involvement

3) Hacker appears to have a liking of Daz considering his first action was to display Daz's alter names on UKL

4) Hacker has Daz as the referee
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    1) Daz has the liking of the same website for free space

2) Daz admitted to involvement

3) Hacker appears to have a liking of Daz considering his first action was to display Daz's alter names on UKL

4) Hacker has Daz as the referee
    3) Under the message of "saddestmanalive" or something - hardly fondness showing him to have made up all of his online friends.

And against: only evidence of daz's hacking skills so far: ddos attack and guessing TKs secret question.

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.