Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    As much as I love watching Fed play with grace, it just looks a little effortless at times. I want him to be challenged and then he can be as arrogant as he likes with his gold wimbledon attire etc. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I think someone's forgetting Fed getting beat by Nadal in two consecutive French Open finals, also let's not go forgetting how much of a challenge Fed faced in this years Wimbledon final, yet again, against Nadal. Evidently, Fed does have at least one genuine challenger in the mens game, and that surely has to be from Rafa Nadal. People seem to forget this all too easily. The way Fed was challenged at SW19 this year, but came back in the final set - he won a match that Nadal should have won, and that shows greatness. Nadal has a few break points in the early stages of that fifth set, had he taken one of these, there'd have been a good chance Nadal would have taken the title. As it was....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    I think someone's forgetting Fed getting beat by Nadal in two consecutive French Open finals, also let's not go forgetting how much of a challenge Fed faced in this years Wimbledon final, yet again, against Nadal. Evidently, Fed does have at least one genuine challenger in the mens game, and that surely has to be from Rafa Nadal. People seem to forget this all too easily. The way Fed was challenged at SW19 this year, but came back in the final set - he won a match that Nadal should have won, and that shows greatness. Nadal has a few break points in the early stages of that fifth set, had he taken one of these, there'd have been a good chance Nadal would have taken the title. As it was....
    not to mention the fact that nadal has the mkentality of a soldier and never givesa up on a point never mind a match. His mind and particularly his concentration is incredible and whats more his game pplays to feds weakness which Economist can bang on about

ReputationRep:
    I stopped watching the match after it was 2-2 in the third set and Roddick went on to completely throw that set away? Wow!!

Disappointed for Roddick That was probably up there with one of his best performances against Federer!

ReputationRep:
    Good match I just watched it. Roddick played very well the first 2 sets, completely blew it in the 3rd though, I think he had given up.

Am I the only person who gets pissed off at how much that woman commentator on Sky sports goes on about how great Venus Williams is? Even when she was like 4-1 down in the first set or something :mad:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goodkat)
    Am I the only person who gets pissed off at how much that woman commentator on Sky sports goes on about how great Venus Williams is? Even when she was like 4-1 down in the first set or something :mad:.
    She does get on my nerves a bit too!! :hmpf: She can give credit where it's due, but all the time, gets a bit tiresome.

I know Fed gets challenged but to be honest it's only Rafa and that's only on two surfaces. Perhaps Novak could be moving up to be a serious competitor...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goodkat)
    No, Sam Smith is completely clueless it seems. She claimed Djokovic was going to retire against Monaco because of his bad body language, when it's apparent to anyone who watches tennis occassionally that Djokovic's body language is often like that

It was if Jankovic was a complete noname against Venus according to her, when she's world number 3

ReputationRep:
    Solid performance from Ferrer, the only way Chela was going to win was through Ferrer errors but that never looked like happening

ReputationRep:
    Just watching some of the Moya v Djokovic game, neither is playing that well but I would fancy both to beat Ferrer. Fed looking good for another title, he has a 9-0 head to head against semi final opponment Davydenko.

ReputationRep:
    Crap match but easy for Djokovic

ReputationRep:
    If Henin puts out both Williams' sisters I may have to send her a Christmas card.

Also, that bloody woman is commentating, I swear she won't be far from 'oo I want to make love to Venus' soon. So God damn annoying, put McEnroe on lol.

ReputationRep:
    :laugh: :laugh:

I think Williams will beat Henin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rozzy)
    :laugh: :laugh:

I think Williams will beat Henin
    God I hope not, I can't cope with her. It was tough to see her win Wimbledon to say the least, if she wins this I may have to go and have a cry in the corner .

ReputationRep:
    I hope Venus wins. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Its gotta be Henin :champ:

ReputationRep:
    Absolute rubbish 1st semi

ReputationRep:
    True the first semi was bad, but Henin has taken the first set. Things are looking up .

ReputationRep:
    Yaw! Go Henin!

ReputationRep:
    Henin v Kuznetsova final.

Meh...

(I may be slightly bitter. :p:)

ReputationRep:
    YES! Both Williams are out, it is a good day for tennis :cool:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.