Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    lol i said it was an election poster but i argued that the labour got majority in 1910 so liberal had to form coalition therefore causing the liberal to want to win the next election and used propaganda to do this.

ReputationRep:
    No...it was trying to gain support for the very unpopular national insurance

ReputationRep:
    Glad it was liberal reforms. A fairly decent paper. Only thing I was sure about was the first poster was a bit ambiguous as to whether it supported or didn't support Lloyd George steeling money from the rich to help the poor.

The final question was also quite easy which I was pleased about - as most of the sources didn't agree with the statement, only one I think did, and instead claimed that there were other reasons why they introduced the reforms - not just to improve their conditions.

Overall a decent paper!

ReputationRep:
    lol ohh, i wont get many marks for that question then i read to deeply into it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by w3lshrugby)
    For reference:

2003 - Suffragettes (did this for mock )
    2004 - Home Front (recruitment IIRC)
    2005 - Liberal Reforms (effectiveness)
    2006 - Home Front (propaganda - just practiced using this paper!)
    2007 - Votes for Women
    2008 - ?
    2009 - Last year of current syllabus.

So, for this year. Lib Reforms is the only topic not to have come up twice. However, Home Front has come up once every two years because there are far more sources and info on that particular topic.

If I had to guess I would suggest either Liberal Reforms (why they happened) or Home Front (DORA/Munitions/Food or Womens Role). However, OCR could throw anything at us

As soon as i opened it i thought of this post.

nice prediction!
    ...not a very nice paper but at least u predicted the question! lol

ReputationRep:
    i completely timed myself wrongly in the exam and didn't do the 12 mark question. but i think i probably got near enough to full marks in the first five questions. if i got 48/50 in my coursework and got an a* in paper 1 can i still get an a* overall?

ReputationRep:
    the first one was against the pensions as it was in a magazine (upper class) and he is seen as a robber who is redistributing wealth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemcat)
    the first one was against the pensions as it was in a magazine (upper class) and he is seen as a robber who is redistributing wealth.
    Yay! I based my answer for the first question pretty much on dat though I didnt notice the car in the back ground . Fairly good paper I thought- 12 mark question this thread has been really helpful

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't sure whether it was for or against - so I stayed in the middle and just said the message was he was steeling from the rich to give to the poor!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danhirons)
    Glad it was liberal reforms. A fairly decent paper. Only thing I was sure about was the first poster was a bit ambiguous as to whether it supported or didn't support Lloyd George steeling money from the rich to help the poor.

The final question was also quite easy which I was pleased about - as most of the sources didn't agree with the statement, only one I think did, and instead claimed that there were other reasons why they introduced the reforms - not just to improve their conditions.

Overall a decent paper!
    Exactly. Hoping for 12 there. Like you said a good paper, with two of the sources I having seen before!

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was okay, but did everyone just go through the sources on the last question and say that they supported the statement to a certain extent, but they also talked about other reasons for introducing the reforms? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    What did ppl write for the one about the American writer and churchill and the picture of the 2 women working in their house and hte baby on the floor?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student444)
    I thought it was okay, but did everyone just go through the sources on the last question and say that they supported the statement to a certain extent, but they also talked about other reasons for introducing the reforms? :confused:
    I would have done that but didnt have time to have a conclusion/evaluations of all sources.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MIKE ESSIEN IS QUITE SIK)
    What did ppl write for the one about the American writer and churchill and the picture of the 2 women working in their house and hte baby on the floor?

For this, the fact that it appeared in an exibition in London in 1906 shows us that poverty was coming to the attention of many people (also reading the books by Booth/Rowntree). The poor also have to work very hard in order to get enough money just to survive...

Then for the source w/ the American i said that he might be more truthful than Churchill (though he did exaggerate). Also that was written in 1903 before any Reforms had come into play, whereas Churchill was writing in 1908, two years after they began to be introduced...perhaps there were not as effective as hoped for since there are still issues for poor people?

ReputationRep:
    ok id like to point out source A was supporting lloyd george as it said pilaprantric or whatever meaning charitable so this means that they are saying although hes taking money from the poor its for a good cause.

Also for the american thing i sed they agree that yes the conditions are poor and stuff diagree aboout the fact that there can be a change but the churcill thing sed they can cahnge the conditions and also first one makes it out to be the workers fault wheras the other one sed it was exisitng chairites. And the first one was saying all these things becuase they were competing with england as he says something lyk not as efficent as our soldiers so thats why he would say all the terrible conditions.

ReputationRep:
    ^^^
    i understand your point about phisla.... but he was portayed as a highwayman and had a gun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachxl)
    I think my bet would have to placed on a paper focusing on why liberal reforms came into place.
    my prediction came true! I was so happy when I opened the paper to see liberal reforms!!

I think I did ok, i don't think I used detail from the sources enough but I think I probably dropped max 2 marks on each question... maybe less, and maybe more on the the "why was it published" one... wasn't very good at that.

Was it me or was there no question on reliability??

ReputationRep:
    yes he had a gun thats not the point he was portrayed as a charitable highwayman do you see many highwaymen holding box with old age pnesions written on it its showing how although hes taking money from rich its not for HIS benfit but for the good of other people. you understand me the gun dosesnt change the message of the cartoon.

ReputationRep:
    i also dont understand how many people in this thread said most sources disagreed when my belifs were most agreed apart from the ones explaing about labour part and the elction and part of source about churchill at the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nellyville60)
    i also dont understand how many people in this thread said most sources disagreed when my belifs were most agreed apart from the ones explaing about labour part and the elction and part of source about churchill at the end.
    I agree - I said that the only sources that showed the Liberals weren't only thinking about Living/Working conditions where the American writer, Churchill's speech and Lloyd-George's speech about the Labour party.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.