Are you hesitant to admit you find yourself attractive watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mondo Weirdo)
    http://manolomen.com/images/oompa%20loompa.JPG
    LMAOO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Local_United_Fan)
    ha, you've also been told otherwise. You shouldn't be so arrogant cos you're really not all that. You'd be in the bottom half of all the girls I ever slept with anyway.

Here's a question for ppl, why when a girl is arrogant its considered 'sassy' or whatever BS. But when a guy is he's a d.ick? Double standards I tell you.
    Egh it's stupid comments like this that make girls resistant to thinking they're attractive. One of the few people who has to confidence and self-belief to believe the good things people have told her about her and some stupid idiot has to try and make her feel stupid for it.
    Egggggh I hate boys...

Now er...think about what you just did, and reconsider why people think guys are dicks...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuffie)
    She enters beauty pageants though... worrying.
    er least i dnt look like a heroin addict....jeez

ReputationRep:
    The problem is people rely on others in order to decide whether they're good looking or not. I know how it feels, i love it when someone compliments me, it's a lovely feeling, and i think that's why people think they're ugly so that they get this feeling every time. For me, i hate walking around thinking i'm ugly. I'm not ugly, yet i'm not stunning either. But the thing is, i'm comfortable with my appearance. Yes it would be nice to look like Jessica Alba, but the fact is i don't so i accentuate and make the most of what i DO have. And because of this, if i ever receive a compliment, i'm not afraid to say 'thank you'. If you said 'i know' or something, THAT would be vain! I used to say things like 'no im not' etc, i found it so hard to accept the compliment.

Of course, if anyone put me down i would feel down about myself, i am insecure in that sense, but i try to feel good about myself. I know i have a great personality, so however 'ugly' i may feel one day (i often feel ugly if i have bags or look in the mirror a certain way or some days) at least i know i have my personality to make up for it.

ReputationRep:
    sometimes i feel attractive and good and other days i feel awful

ReputationRep:
    I would be more attractive if I didn't have spots.

But considering that I think I am quite attractive, never obsessed with appearance though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electro_girl)
    er least i dnt look like a heroin addict....jeez
    And I look exactly like one.

ReputationRep:
    I'm alright, and I think I'm alright.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugarlumps.)
    Egh it's stupid comments like this that make girls resistant to thinking they're attractive. One of the few people who has to confidence and self-belief to believe the good things people have told her about her and some stupid idiot has to try and make her feel stupid for it.
    Egggggh I hate boys...

Now er...think about what you just did, and reconsider why people think guys are dicks...
    Yea cos I'm sure you and your mates NEVER meet a guy, and then as soon as he's left go to each other, "he's cute/hot/minging/ugly/skinny/short" /whatever.

I'm very much against double standards. Girls can be nasty asnd cutting towards guys - and they are, so I am going to give my opinion about someone with an obviously over-inflated ego.

ReputationRep:
    Yea cos I'm sure you and your mates NEVER meet a guy, and then as soon as he's left go to each other, "he's cute/hot/minging/ugly/skinny/short" /whatever.

I'm very much against double standards. Girls can be nasty asnd cutting towards guys - and they are, so I am going to give my opinion about someone with an obviously over-inflated ego.
    Well yeah. I'm the sort of girl who says 'Phwoaaaaaaaaaaaar' if a hot guy walks past, but I don't really find it important to highlight people's bad points. No. So saying 'Egh he was a minger' after I've finished talking to someone is a bit unnecessary.

But either way, that's totally different to saying it to their face. Which is what you just did. And all she said was that someone had told her she was attractive, so she believed it. Which is amazing and I wish I could do that. It didn't really need your input...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rouge)
    i find myself very attractive, I actually miss myself when there isn't a mirror around me
    hahaha, that's hilarious.

Hm let's see... If someone gives me a compliment, I'm usually speechless. I want to say thanks, but then I usually don't agree, so I just mumble something, make a joke, say thanks, move on very swiftly.

I've never said I found myself attractive, probably because I don't. But I do like my body shape. I'm ok-ish. So why even mention it, I feel.

ReputationRep:
    I think there's confidence, and then I think there's needing to reassert your fabulous looks using your screen name and the same bleating posts in every possible thread that has anything vaguely to do with physical appearance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugarlumps.)
    Well yeah. I'm the sort of girl who says 'Phwoaaaaaaaaaaaar' if a hot guy walks past, but I don't really find it important to highlight people's bad points. No. So saying 'Egh he was a minger' after I've finished talking to someone is a bit unnecessary.

But either way, that's totally different to saying it to their face. Which is what you just did. And all she said was that someone had told her she was attractive, so she believed it. Which is amazing and I wish I could do that. It didn't really need your input...
    Aw sugar lumps thanks!!
    I couldn't help stalking your profile haha and you're beautiful. xx
    As for you Local_United_Fan... it has been proven now that you are indeed a ****. Congratulations.

ReputationRep:
    Off topic: Has anyone seen 'Vanity Lair'? =D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 030112)
    Off topic: Has anyone seen 'Vanity Lair'? =D
    Yeah and all the people (especially the men) were vile

ReputationRep:

As sugar lumps said, you're giving guys a bad name. What's wrong with a little self-confidence? Especially since she takes that self-confidence from things people have told her. Idiot.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I am hesitant to admit that I find myself attractive... But thats because most of the time, I really don't think I'm good looking, rather the contrary in fact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boo_2)
    Yes I am hesitant to admit that I find myself attractive... But thats because most of the time, I really don't think I'm good looking, rather the contrary in fact.
    Shhh you. You're beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing wrong with being happy with the way you look but I think it's a situation where you should be quietly confident.

Unlike a friend of mine who randomly started saying 'I'm the most attractive girl in this pub...i'm amazed I havn't got a boyfriend' :rolleyes:

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.