Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    go into assembly hall, wait till the teacher in charge of my the range of canditate numbers mine is in. get told my grades.

get in happy dance and speak to my friends.
    dont get in.. cry and book my flight to Australia for a gap year

ReputationRep:
    Get up about 9am, login at home to see results - if bad, prepare and go and get them, good - prepare and go and get them :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Igloo_cone)
    i always take it to a corner. i dont go with friends and meet up either. i just hate it. then i'll switch if my phoine for a bit to avoid those phonecalls etc...
    I do that lol. When I turn it on a few days later there are always a ton of those 'how did you do' texts. Not into all that sort of thing lol.

ReputationRep:
    our results day was awful, everyones were out on tables so anyone could look at yours! i must say i was guilty for doing that...
    i didnt mind too much last year as i had the option of resitting so i looked at them infront of everyone
    but this year seeing as its so important, i think i'll find a corner of my own haha x

ReputationRep:
    I open mine with my parents so that if its bad news...i dont actually have to tell them...but it better not be bad news this year

ReputationRep:
    All alone (by phone btw)

ReputationRep:
    Well, for GCSEs, I opened the envelope the second I got it even though I promised myself I'd do it alone. So I was basically in a room full of people doing exactly the same thing as me.

I think this time it will be the same sort of thing, the same confusion as to exactly what grades we've got, etc. I'm not too bothered about my friends knowing what grades I've got really, even if I have done badly.

ReputationRep:
    i don't know im very excited because i have never been to a results day as have always been away or working this is my A2 year and my first results day i will probaly end up opening it then running to my mates and shouting.

I don't mind getting lower results than my mates as it regularly happens im not the cleverest one and i don't work as hard in my academics as my friends.

We will still all go out for a meal good or bad drowning sorrows or celebrating

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blahhh)
    I opened mine in school (AS and GSCE) and proceeded to watch my mate accidently shread her results in the schools industrial sized shredder...

She put them by the opening to the machine as a joke...but it quickly ate them up...

Ill never forget seeing her trying to drag them back out frantically :rolleyes:

What made it worse...all the teachers saw it on the cctv in the staff room :p:
    Thanks for giving me a giggle, needed it from reading this thread!

My opening could be any one of these:
    - Stride up to table confident, grab envelope, rip it open.
    - Study results, cry for a bit as I realise that I got in to Kent.
    - Run off to find everyone I can and tell them all.

Or:
    - Stride confidently up, grab envelope, rip it open.
    - Study results, cry for a long time as I realise I didn't get in.
    - Run off to find my Head of Year to get her to help me sort out the bugging of Kent.
    - Accept Nottingham Trent as my new home

Or:
    - Come in as a nervous wreck, manage to make my way to the table, grab envelope and stare at it for an hour.
    - Get someone else to open it and check the results for me
    - Cry
    - Do as needed.

I really hope it's the first one, though I think it may be the second.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone run the dates/times by me of when UCAS will update and what it will say?

Edit: I see there's a thread dealing with this.

ReputationRep:
    It will update around 8am, and a message will say 'Congratulations, your place to study ... at ... has been confirmed' (only if you are successful obviously!)

ReputationRep:
    Always on my own. but I call or text friends afterwards. If I'm going to do **** I'd like to just be on my own to reflect on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    - Come in as a nervous wreck, manage to make my way to the table, grab envelope and stare at it for an hour.
    - Get someone else to open it and check the results for me
    - Cry
    - Do as needed.
    Hehe
    I think this is gonna be me!! :eek:
    ARRRRRGH
    Im worried about results already...haven't even sat half the exams yet! argh!!

ReputationRep:
    Last year, a load of mates opened them together, out on the grass where we usually hung out at the time. Then we all went back to my house in the evening, so the ones with bad grades could drown their worries lol.

ReputationRep:
    i get exam results envelop, then leave and open on route to my house :p:

ReputationRep:
    Get into school, look at my envilope straight away and then respond as nescerry-ie. I get in and go nuts, or I don't and be very slightly upset, depending on how bad it is. Oh, and then I'll go and get pissed.

ReputationRep:
    I just open it as soon as I get it, but as everyone else is also eager to get their results, they don't really see your results.

I then decide whether I'm going to leave quietly or tell everyone what I got...

ReputationRep:
    AHHHH im proper nervous noww....haha has any1 already done their gcse's last year and was surprised? I just cant be arsed if i havent done that well people saying, "how u do", "what u get" but its okay if you do well

ReputationRep:
    For my GCSE's I opened them with my parents, and for my AS I opened them in the middle of the hall at the same time as my friend did.

But those results had far less meaning than these ones did, and also both times I did much better than anyone expected me to (because I am actually well thick when it comes to most things) and this year it is physically impossible to exceed expectations because everyone assumes I will get AAA, that is everyone except me, sigh.

I can't really open them completely on my own because my parents will want to know within 2 minutes of me knowing, which doesn't give me much time to accept them in my head. So I'll probably sit in the car with my parents and open them. Sigh.

Brilliant thread idea, I'm off to do straight revision for hours!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by weet_ABI_x)
    For my GCSE's I opened them with my parents, and for my AS I opened them in the middle of the hall at the same time as my friend did.

But those results had far less meaning than these ones did, and also both times I did much better than anyone expected me to (because I am actually well thick when it comes to most things) and this year it is physically impossible to exceed expectations because everyone assumes I will get AAA, that is everyone except me, sigh.

I can't really open them completely on my own because my parents will want to know within 2 minutes of me knowing, which doesn't give me much time to accept them in my head. So I'll probably sit in the car with my parents and open them. Sigh.

Brilliant thread idea, I'm off to do straight revision for hours!
    My mum is like that. For the summer results for GCSE and AS she would have opened them before I did given half the chance lol. I've only managed to look at the winter results for GCSE, AS and A2 in private, which is something I much prefer.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
Do you have a role model?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.