Turn on thread page Beta

results day nerves? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waynooo)
    I think on the paper it will just say what grade we got, but then the teachers will know exactly what marks we got on seperate papers - it was like that last year in core science.
    For our core science it told us what we got for the separate papers (but in UMS)...but may be that's because we didnt have a marks certified into grades hmm

ReputationRep:
    yep nerves kicking in now .... with 2 months to go

ReputationRep:
    you did 23 exams? whoa...

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't finished exams! I am so bored of them now.

Wednesday and Friday are my last two but they are science which i find quite easy. Especially with the tick boxes and (if you're really unlucky) one-word answers you get with OCR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coolchick2501)
    I had the same thing happen after my english exam(i did it last yr) I was predicted an A/A* but by the end of the exam i was praying for a c! but it probably isn't as bad as you think. I ended up with an A and A*(for language).
    you're probably to hard on urself
    I honestly don't know, i hate the waiting period of it...
    i want to think about it, but i don't at the same time, i want to know my grade but i don't too...maybe its just exam stress or something, but one thing's for sure...i seriously am gonna get a bad grade... :confused: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c0nfus3d)
    honestly, i was predicted an A*, but when i tell people how i thought it went, they always say "you'll be fine", and usually that is a bad thing.
    Well basically, i found it so bad, although my coursework was a grade A/A* or something
    I think i might get a C or even a D because i panicked so much, i couldn't concentrate- just brings back bad memories
    I was close to finishing the first question, but for half of question 2 and 3/4 of question 3, i wrote in note form because i panicked so much :eek:
    out of 27 or 25, how many marks do you think i woud get if my points were average and slightly on the poor side. Also, taking into consideration of my coursework marks, what grade do you think i would get?
    I'm dreading results day :eek: :eek: :eek: :confused:
    I panicked and wrote a load of rubbish, if what you wrote in note form makes sense and is relevant, you will get credit for it. And anyway, your coursework will pull you up a grade.

ReputationRep:
    2 exams to go

Chemistry and Physics

i cant wait for results, but you can guess what you got after the exams and most of the time you are right, well I am anyway... cant speak for anyone else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simplyobsessed)
    2 exams to go

Chemistry and Physics

i cant wait for results, but you can guess what you got after the exams and most of the time you are right, well I am anyway... cant speak for anyone else
    If that's true then I'm sincerely hoping my predictions are very wrong!!! Otherwise I really haven't done very well at all

ReputationRep:
    I'm scared now its out of my hands (will be on Friday) before I could do some revision to make myself feel better but now its a waiting game.

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible for us to find out our gcse results before the 21st August? I've heard for some subject you can, through the internet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by India27)
    Is it possible for us to find out our gcse results before the 21st August? I've heard for some subject you can, through the internet.
    I believe you can if you will be going on holiday that week (etc.) though I think usually they call you if that happens. I don't think the results go on the internet.

Oh, and, hell yeah I'm nervous. You'd have to be crazy not to be nervous!

ReputationRep:
    You can get Edexcel results online, but I think they are given out in the early morning of the same day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simplyobsessed)
    2 exams to go

Chemistry and Physics

I hope not or I have all Ds and Cs...well it's out of my hands...I wish you luck on your last two exams

ReputationRep:
    Results day is my GODFORSAKEN BIRTHDAY.
    I think I win in all aspects of life.
    x

ReputationRep:
    you can, if you know the password. the teachers get the passwords early, ask them.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder what this forum will be like on the 20th. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lippy Lizzy)
    I wonder what this forum will be like on the 20th. :eek:
    Like this :eek: :eek2: :eek3: :eek4:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not scared at all. I've already got at least 5 A* - C regardless. Pretty confident about my other exams. If I don't do well in option subjects I don't really care anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jake2000)
    I'm not scared at all. I've already got at least 5 A* - C regardless. Pretty confident about my other exams. If I don't do well in option subjects I don't really care anyway.
    wish I had that attitude about it it would really ease the stress lol

ReputationRep:
    i kno for a fact i got nothing less than a B (excluding Biology IGCSE, that was ***** hard), but i wanted atleast 5 A*'s, but i doubt ill get 2 , i also wanted no B's, but thats not gna be the case

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.